Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
NSW

Bedok South 4RM'A' Revamp

Hi all,

[Tis sad to see that all the picture links in my previous t-blog are now dead]

bedoksouth.png

This was the first unit my parents bought as young adults, and housed my childhood memories. While nice, spacious, and sporting an awesome-sea view, its interior is also 31 years old. Timely for a revamp. 

It will be a full revamp, and will involve portioning a section of the big living room for a study corner. The MBR will take-in the old existing store for wardrobe. The "true" kitchen will be made smaller, and a freshly-designated dining area will be made more spacious with the hacking of 1 segment of the wall. Two rooms will be left unmodified, in case my family expands then I might consider swapping HDBs with my folks.

Image1.png

I did a preliminary mock-up in sweethome3D. 

bedoksouthren2.png

Time to seek quotation from interested and trusted contractors...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

In seeking quotations, I provided some visual references for the contractors to agar-agar know what I wanted:

Ideation.png

and spelt out clearly what I wanted:

• Quotation to include lights, sinks, toilet items and built electrical items (eg fan and aircon)
  • Floor tiles to be replaced, walls to be re-plastered and repainted, piping and electrical conduit to be redone totally
  • Hacking and erection of new walls. Existing windows and window grilles to be disposed, and no grilles thereafter
  • Kitchen to be resized, and the drop for the kitchen is to be delayed further North, and done through a slope across a 50cm ramp down
  • Strong emphasis on practicality eg: no L-box ( to prevent insect/pest droppings) all flooring to be tiles (can be cheaper Chinese tiles if need be), track lights (for easy replacement of spoiled LED lights), ceiling fans (DC ones with LED room lighting), 2 individual electrical water heater (the unit does not have piped gas), all carpentry to be suspended for easy of cleaning, else built on raised cement/tile platforms (eg wardrobe / MBR bed). Will go for full induction cook hob to avoid needing LPG canister.

Since I cannot oversee the project personally, was hoping to engage someone with a trustable degree of independence.. 

2 hours ago, NSW said:

Since I cannot oversee the project personally, was hoping to engage someone with a trustable degree of independence.. 

Look no further, in RT many had great experiences with numnerous proven ID/contractor. Since you also know what you want, renno is gonna be much more easier for you as well. 

my folks spent a good week or so packing up their stuff and when that, its time to let loose!

WhatsApp-Image-20160606 (4).jpg

WhatsApp-Image-20160606 (3).jpg

WhatsApp-Image-20160606.jpg

WhatsApp-Image-20160606 (5).jpg

WhatsApp-Image-20160606 (2).jpg

WhatsApp-Image-20160606 (1).jpg