Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Danmify

A little bit of Muji, Modern Barn and Cat House

Hello there, is your wall done made of Craftstone bricks? 

We are having a contest right now for homes that use CRAFTSTONE bricks or stones. 

Share a photo of any part of your home that is made from CRAFTSTONE's bricks or stones here  http://bit.ly/craftstone-contest

FB_FlauntAndFlashYourWall.jpg

Contest runs from 1st Aug 2016 - 30th September. 

If you know of any friends or family that uses CRAFTSTONE products for their home, get them to join this contest! More information at https://www.facebook.com/renotalksg/

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 7/30/2016 at 8:36 PM, Danmify said:

Hey Kingandbin, remember to remind him to use Chengal wood for better water resistance.  

Haha.. make the counter top a few cm lower so he can't lean :)

Share more pics! 

In the end my contractor suggested using a wall mount basin and to attach the countertop below it so it won't be stressed by the weight of the basin. Which I think is quite ingenious! :)

Hmm regardless of the height of the countertop or sink I'm sure my husband will still find a way to lean on it hahaha. 

Your greens are looking great! Love love how they pair up so well with your flooring and furniture. How'd you find the maintenance of the plants? And is the large branch against the wall real/alive?? :lol:

• Like 1

Kingandbin, that's great! Look forward to your posts! 

The maintenance is challenging. My cats seem to like to chew on the plants to simulate fur ball spitting. I'm growing some wheat grass on the side for them. Hopefully they won't "bully" the plants later. Also got the cat plastic spikes from Daiso as well to prevent them from stepping on the soil.

Not a living branch anymore. :) got it from taobao.

Edited by Danmify

@Danmify If you put something a little bit citrusy around the plants you want to keep your cats away from, it may dissuade them furries from that area and maybe steer them towards the wheat grass so they leave the mini garden alone? Also they apparently love lemon grass too! Maybe have a little cat grassy corner with different plants they like just for them to destroy, heh :sport-smiley-018:

• Like 1

love your toilet! amazeballs, simple and nice tabletop and mirror + much savings compared to atypical vanity set (which doesnt look that great anyway)

Edited by hideaki
spelling error

• Like 1

Hi, everyone! 

First things first, a big thank you to Danmify and his wife for inviting us to his beautiful home. They were friendly, accommodating and energetic hosts - and their cats are so adorable!

They shared their renovation journey and priceless insights into what went into creating their cat-friendly house. 

Cheers to Danmify and his wife for making this story possible: http://www.renotalk.com/blog/home-tour-a-purr-fect-house-for-cat-lovers-895

svi4py.jpg

I'm sure Danmify's journey and home have been and will continue to be an inspiration for us all!

Edited by Eyesmile

• Like 2

@Danmify You guys created a wonderful cat sanctuary - especially love the ledges for these "tree-dwellers" to perch high and kaypoh to their hearts' content (caveat: i watch too much Cat Daddy)! Super nice! Keep us updated on your garden :D I love greens and planning to get kitties in the future! 

• Like 1

The orange peels are too weak a defence for those Lil monseurs! 

And the wheat grass didn't germinate. Got to go get new ones. 

So far, half a plant RIP le.

HAHAH, OMG sorry i just imagined them jumping in defiance all around the orange peels, couldn't care less. Is the plant that RIP on those stilts? Maybe they have made it a personal challenge to destroy those plants. :horse:

Your cats might be an anomaly leh. Try vinegar, sticky tape, or pepper?! #hardtooutsmartcats

Edited by stray

Haha.. it's one of the floor plants. They are attracted to the string-like leaves so the plant at the centre is left intact. 

So far,  they haven't consider to conquer stage 2 yet :)

Shall try the orange peels again after my wheatgrass grows out.

Edited by Danmify

haha, i can imagine the appeal of those stringy bits for your cats, they can't help themselves! My bf also says if you've any loose cables hanging around, they will also be all over them!  #cantfightcatinstincts 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2016 at 2:21 PM, Danmify said:

Living Room

IMG-20160821-WA0006.jpg

the cupboard behind the door is your DB box? and you extend the cupboard into your living room?

if yes, may i ask how many ft of the DB box and how many ft you extend out?

how much did your contractor charged u for it?

as normally the DB box is not deep enough to keep adult shoes, and i see the extended cupboard is flushed with existing DB box, wonder what items you kept inside?

could you provide more internal pictures of the DB box and extended cupboard?

Confirmed Stray! All strings like stuffs makes them crazy. Especially for our 2 mths old Prince.. and more.. Phone cables, plastic bags, carton bags, scratching poles, scratching boards, leather chairs, carpets, bean bag and his favourite toilet roll! 

Their Wheatgrass is growing out fine. Waiting for the catnip and lemon balm to grow out :/ update pics soon!