Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi Reiken,

Could you please pm me the reno cost and J&E contact? If we have our own design and preferences, and even our own reference photos+designs, will they be more glad and willing to quote us based on these?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
27 minutes ago, eniver0811 said:

Hi Reiken,

Could you please pm me the reno cost and J&E contact? If we have our own design and preferences, and even our own reference photos+designs, will they be more glad and willing to quote us based on these?

Pmed you

After a few days, my curtain pelmet is up, so is my kitchen wall. Tiler had the sink support done up and is currently laying my subway tiles..

20160618_172709.jpg

Chose Length 30cm rather than 20cm, thinking with less grout, less things to clean.

20160618_173135.jpg

Left the place to purchase the Bathroom basin, taps and laundry sink from Hoe Kee. After making payment with Hoe Kee, received a bomb from E.

Hiccup #2

IMG-20160618-WA0013.jpg

As I have demolish a small opening in the wall between MBR and Room 2, they are suppose the make good the floor and wall. However, because HDB tilers tiled room by room, MBR and Room 2 floor is not leveled. A big headache that E cannot make decision and need to discuss with J. Rushed back from Hoe Kee, and understand the options available to solve this problem... :~ 

Now I kinda regret taking flooring from HDB... 

Edited by Reiken

thanks for the detailed updates, it is a really great help. 

Could you pm the contacts of J&E? sounds like they are pretty reliable. 

Just one last question, did you get your lights from Ikea or from Taobao? 

3 hours ago, kouchabake said:

thanks for the detailed updates, it is a really great help. 

Could you pm the contacts of J&E? sounds like they are pretty reliable. 

Just one last question, did you get your lights from Ikea or from Taobao? 

1 hour ago, terayon07 said:

Hi Reiken,

Thank you for sharing.

Do you mind sharing contact for J&E? 

PM sent

Hi Reiken,

Can pm me J & E contact? Do you mind to share how much is pfr of your kitchen cabinets, kitchen top and mbr wardrobe? Thanks

Hi there Reiken....

Wonder hows ur reno progress so far?

Next week our painting,vinyl flooring & carpentry should be up.

looking forward to see yours :)

So today I think could be the most hectic and tiring day for my wife and I. Dunno should I say Edmund's planning is **** good or should I say is **** rush.. but I kind of understand why..

1. My carpentry is ready and is hanging around James's workshop

2. He wants to meet my deadline promised

3. No work on Sunday

4. Carpentry day

5. Too long the delay held up by BSC to work on the chipped tiles in the toilet..

Hence... Today there are 3 jobs arranged concurrently by him, and one from me... Total of 4 parties at one point in time...

1. AO Smith Installation (arranged by me by slot) - Bought a digital storage heater. In my honest opinion, I think I overspent on this. Hopefully really can save electricity.

20160702_160555.jpg

comes with a digital panel to control temperature (set lower to save electricity), and timer to on off the heater.. 

20160702_160542.jpg

2. Tiler - Came back to build the shower kerb in the common bathroom. He was the first to reach (before my wife and I at 10.20am). He done the cement kerb but I feel sorry for him, cos E forgot to tell him got Storage heater installation at the common bathroom today.. so after the installation of Storage heater, he need to redo the cement kerb again, cos the installer spoilt his kerb... wasted his 1hr plus... he ended his work at around 4 plus 5pm... could have been done by 2pm..

20160702_160608.jpg

he also filled up the "stupid weird area" between the 2 rooms. See that cement screed there?? cos it is not balance (shown in previous posts), cannot put tile, can only put a vinyl piece there. Thanks HDB...:angry:.. Maybe I will put a piece of floor mat there to cover... haix..

20160702_163200.jpg

3. Electrician - Talk through the final electrical points and lighting points. He also discussed with AO smith regarding the wiring, which end of the day, he scared drill or cut the wall till hit something. So let AO smith handle since they have a device to check whether got piping or stuff inside the wall a not. Also shifted my Lan/phone port nearer to TV as I heard from neighbours that Starhub now uses the lan port for the TV.. quite dumb actually..

4. 1st Round of Cleaning - The guy is the 2nd to arrive (around 10.40), but is the last to leave, even after I left at 6.30pm. He started cleaning the rooms at around 1pm when everyone is done, and wait till the tiler leave, then he start cleaning the kitchen etc. I feel for him... He say he may clean till around 8pm.. He was cleaning the window before I left...

20160702_163206.jpg

Yes, he needs to clear the floor protection, sweep the floor and wipe.. Really a tough job for one person..

20160702_165139.jpg

sanding away cement / plaster stains along the way....

Edmund say need to clean up, relay the floor protection before carpentry which is on Monday. This is something to praise regarding J&E.. I dunno about other ID / Contractors, but my neighbours' contractors did not clean up before carpentry.. Dunno which is industrial practice.. To me, clean twice > once...

Mentioned to Edmund that some of my friends, carpentry got bugs fly in before sealing or rotten wood then got bugs. Yes, more than one friend kena. Edmund ask me to rest assured that their wood has been "treated" with insect repellents or something, that is why their carpentry got a smell at the beginning to destroy possible eggs / bugs from making home.

Dunno true a not :unsure:, hopefully it is true, because both me and my wife scared of bugs..

YES I AM SCARED :D

Edited by Reiken

Is ur place in Cck? I'm supposed to view one of the units he working on in cck which was suppose to have carpentry up by end June, but he did not contact me, n neither did he respond to my msg. Probably cos carpentry not up. 

Can also pm his contact, in case I got a diff J&E 

Edited by mwerkz