Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 6/14/2016 at 11:18 PM, Reiken said:

Just came back from overseas. E informed me that my common bathroom has stones in the floor trap, hence arrange for a joint inspection again with BSC (yes... they just come up see then orh... like that also must arrange joint inspection which takes less than 1 min..)

When I reach, E was in the house... and the reason why he is there is

20160614_153800.jpg

20160614_153804.jpg

Overlaying of toilet in process!!! Wifey loves the colour and she say got feel... due to taking photo using phone and anyhow take, the colour does not look correct.. real life, really quite nice... For all your information, these 2 colours are the colours of J&E toilet.... Yes... she reach their office she say got feel... straightaway ask E for the tiles code at Hafary... J & E commented that like that the reno of their toilet worth it....

Btw... my MBR wardrobe/study/dressing laminate also copy J&E office laminate :P... sibe copy cat...

Rush to Castlery and finally decided to finalise the Sofa, dining table and tv console etc.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3_1.jpg

4.jpg

After which, went to Ikea to look at lights again... After looking at taobao so long, I really dunno should get from Taobao or Ikea.... I mean Taobao has something similar or very simple kind... but its around the same price as Ikea... is there a reason why pple dun buy lights from Ikea?? Looking at the lightings in Ikea, where I can see and touch, I am leaning towards getting from Ikea (although I may need to DIY to spray paint white for some model).

20160614_193239.jpg

20160614_191919.jpg

20160614_191758.jpg

Just before my overseas trip, received the last update from E with regards to my 3D. This is the living room 3D i requested with a change of laminate. 

IMG-20160609-WA0000.jpg

I edit abit with some free program to see what if it is with black track lights.

20160609_113715.png

Leaning towards white lights and fans, which is why i may need to spray paint white for the pendant lights above island (yes its not track lights above island).

Also because Im in love with the light laminates, I decided I could not get TV console from Taobao (which looks more brown). Surprisingly, the TV console from castlery match the laminate I chose.

Hi Reiken, may I know what free program did you use to change the colours? 

On 01/06/2016 at 11:17 PM, Reiken said:

Final Pics:

20160905_211154.jpg

20160905_211234.jpg

20160905_211244.jpg

20160905_211322.jpg

20161015_120820.jpg

20160905_175523.jpg

Post from before:

Hello everyone, after lurking around like many people here, asking for more information and learning more things as time goes, finally decide to contribute to future couples on their reno.

Below is my floor plan. After much contemplation, I have decided to select a unit with the bomb shelter in the kitchen. Bigger living area, shorter but wider kitchen (I can live with that)..

Floor%20Plan.png

Requirements

1. Walk in wardrobe (wife want to enjoy life)

2. Dressing Table that can hold 2 people (my wife say I always snatch dressing table with her for work)

3. Closed but open feel kitchen (dunno how to explain this... basically is a close kitchen but must look like open kitchen)

4. Must keep all the doors, no sealing of any doors (wife is like garang guni.. everything must keep... thats why my current room like garang guni also)... 

5. her theme is Scandiavian (which subsequently wifey gives alot of nonsense ideas... one of which is a concrete plastered wall... :bangwall:.. HELLO NOT INDUSTRIAL LEIII)

6. My theme is minimalist (which i subsequently give in to her theme more... makes my life easier) 

7. Study table for 2

8. Island / high top (i forsee we wun be eating often at the dining table cos wifey likes to watch TV and eat... after eating she must stand like being punish for 1 hr.. told her doesnt help slim down cos she is still growing rounder :D)

ID / Contractor Search

I have a total of 12 quotations or more.... I am lucky to meet most of the better IDs / contractors...

My advice, don't go crazy like me and my wife.. Go for maybe 2 or 3 compare prices and get a feel... going too many only confuse and tire yourself.. I read online and notice alot of people being conned etc. hence I went for many many quotations which only confuses myself and my wife. Hence, we drag till 1 month after key collection, then we decided on the contractor. So let me get started on the list.

Rejected

*decide to delete away since no point putting IDs I have rejected*

Worth a Mention

Habitech - Top 3 of another fellow renotalker SingaSamurai, was shown into the flat of ID as her "Showroom". I must say, the couple really shows they know their stuff. They give a lot of ideas that newbies like us will never be able to think of. Their show room is those kind, open door.... WOW kind... But the quotation came back also.... WOWWWW.. Something I like about them is, they are very very very very detailed. Each customer will have an individual file with timeline, floorplan, carpentry measurements per drawer in details.... dun think anything will be missed out.. Go for them if you want someone you can trust with flair in design.. and abit more money to spend...

The Interior Lab - Another top 3 of SingaSamurai.. ID is a honest guy. He is the one that proposed us on how to use our space efficiently.. quote came to be quite reasonable, but on the high side... did not shortlist him cos the price is not really within our budget after much calculation

Diva - Selected by SingaSamurai.. Nice guy.. met him twice, feel he is those responsible kind.. he said, unless you want to let him earn, he recommend you to get lights or other stuffs outside that are recommended by his other clients that he heard is cheaper... He recommended alot of the practical stuffs.. Wife say no feel with him... maybe he too quiet and honest... Lol..

very nice but next time you can get those ID cum contractors, they price will be even lower 

Final Pics:

20160905_211154.jpg

20160905_211234.jpg

20160905_211244.jpg

20160905_211322.jpg

20161015_120820.jpg

20160905_175523.jpg

Post from before:

Hello everyone, after lurking around like many people here, asking for more information and learning more things as time goes, finally decide to contribute to future couples on their reno.

Below is my floor plan. After much contemplation, I have decided to select a unit with the bomb shelter in the kitchen. Bigger living area, shorter but wider kitchen (I can live with that)..

Floor%20Plan.png

Requirements

2. Dressing Table that can hold 2 people (my wife say I always snatch dressing table with her for work)

3. Closed but open feel kitchen (dunno how to explain this... basically is a close kitchen but must look like open kitchen)

4. Must keep all the doors, no sealing of any doors (wife is like garang guni.. everything must keep... thats why my current room like garang guni also)... 

5. her theme is Scandiavian (which subsequently wifey gives alot of nonsense ideas... one of which is a concrete plastered wall... :bangwall:.. HELLO NOT INDUSTRIAL LEIII)

6. My theme is minimalist (which i subsequently give in to her theme more... makes my life easier) 

7. Study table for 2

8. Island / high top (i forsee we wun be eating often at the dining table cos wifey likes to watch TV and eat... after eating she must stand like being punish for 1 hr.. told her doesnt help slim down cos she is still growing rounder :D)

ID / Contractor Search

I have a total of 12 quotations or more.... I am lucky to meet most of the better IDs / contractors...

My advice, don't go crazy like me and my wife.. Go for maybe 2 or 3 compare prices and get a feel... going too many only confuse and tire yourself.. I read online and notice alot of people being conned etc. hence I went for many many quotations which only confuses myself and my wife. Hence, we drag till 1 month after key collection, then we decided on the contractor. So let me get started on the list.

Rejected

Worth a Mention

Habitech - Top 3 of another fellow renotalker SingaSamurai, was shown into the flat of ID as her "Showroom". I must say, the couple really shows they know their stuff. They give a lot of ideas that newbies like us will never be able to think of. Their show room is those kind, open door.... WOW kind... But the quotation came back also.... WOWWWW.. Something I like about them is, they are very very very very detailed. Each customer will have an individual file with timeline, floorplan, carpentry measurements per drawer in details.... dun think anything will be missed out.. Go for them if you want someone you can trust with flair in design.. and abit more money to spend...

The Interior Lab - Another top 3 of SingaSamurai.. ID is a honest guy. He is the one that proposed us on how to use our space efficiently.. quote came to be quite reasonable, but on the high side... did not shortlist him cos the price is not really within our budget after much calculation

Diva - Selected by SingaSamurai.. Nice guy.. met him twice, feel he is those responsible kind.. he said, unless you want to let him earn, he recommend you to get lights or other stuffs outside that are recommended by his other clients that he heard is cheaper... He recommended alot of the practical stuffs.. Wife say no feel with him... maybe he too quiet and honest... Lol..

Hi,

Really beautiful house u have. Can u pm me the contacts of your contractor? I'm looking for one to renovate my house too. Thanks.

Hi Reiken, lovely home you got there!

Do you mind sharing the contact of J&E and your quotations (and the 3D quotation too)?

And if possible, the contacts of the other IDs and/or contractors that you recommend!

Thank you!

Hi Reiken, 

your place is absolutely nicely done up, congrats

Can you share your contact for J&E or is it known as Chun Xiang now?

Thanks

Final Pics:

20160905_211154.jpg

20160905_211234.jpg

20160905_211244.jpg

20160905_211322.jpg

20161015_120820.jpg

20160905_175523.jpg

Post from before:

Floor%20Plan.png

Requirements

7. Study table for 2

ID / Contractor Search

Rejected

Worth a Mention

Hi do you mind to share where you get the bench for dining table and what is the length of the bench? Thank you.