Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

✔️Vinyl & skirting

✔️Kitchen & bedroom lightings

✔️Carpentry

We went over after a week from the last progress to check it out & also bring over some taobao lights & things that need to fix up.

The look of old worn house is finally gone and ous dream place is stating to appear with the box up & first coat of painting(the grey was a wrong grey though) we wanted urban grey not ultra grey. So E said will repaint later.

Our vinyl looks kinda yellowish and we are finding out why it looks different from the sample.

Was updated today that carpentry started.

should be completed by tomorrow.

really cant wait to see and feel everything tomorrow :rolleyes:

image.jpeg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
11 hours ago, Honeylee said:

✔️Vinyl & skirting

✔️Kitchen & bedroom lightings

✔️Carpentry

We went over after a week from the last progress to check it out & also bring over some taobao lights & things that need to fix up.

The look of old worn house is finally gone and ous dream place is stating to appear with the box up & first coat of painting(the grey was a wrong grey though) we wanted urban grey not ultra grey. So E said will repaint later.

Our vinyl looks kinda yellowish and we are finding out why it looks different from the sample.

Was updated today that carpentry started.

should be completed by tomorrow.

really cant wait to see and feel everything tomorrow :rolleyes:

image.jpeg

Omg!!! yours so fast liao... And I am still waiting for BSC to solve my toilet chipped tiles....

HI Honeylee

thanks for sharing your experience here. May I know how old is your flat? I read that you did re-wiring, was it for the whole apartment? Mine is about 15 years old, I'm not sure if I need to do re-wiring for the whole flat; which might cost me quite a bit :(

did your ID recommend to change all the pipes?

thanks very much.

12 hours ago, Reiken said:

Omg!!! yours so fast liao... And I am still waiting for BSC to solve my toilet chipped tiles....

Yups, we dun have much carpentry for a small cosy place hehe.

**** sian when works are kena delayed or got hiccups. Try to push them saying that hdb only give u 1month for reno works can help?

6 hours ago, mettaqw said:

HI Honeylee

thanks for sharing your experience here. May I know how old is your flat? I read that you did re-wiring, was it for the whole apartment? Mine is about 15 years old, I'm not sure if I need to do re-wiring for the whole flat; which might cost me quite a bit :(

did your ID recommend to change all the pipes?

thanks very much.

Thank u for dropping by my anyhow blog.lol

our flat is 30+ years old and first owner stayed til now so we changed gas pipes, rewiring and all. Electrical works does cost going by 3k above if not wrong.

But you can cut cost with this:

If u go with minimal no. of electrical points & use extension plug instead.

Ask them to quote u with a basic package based on your needs. If you use less than what they quote u, they should be able to refund you the balance.

My contractor did not recommend us to change specifically. But we did say we wanna change. I guess if the house is very old it would normally be done since your preferred lighting points will also be different from the previous owner(especially if you are the 2nd owner). Old type electrical points all high on the wall one.

we are staying for the MOP but still decided to go with rewiring. So if u are looking at long term stay i think its not something you should save on :)

good luck and do share your reno journey!

Your layout is exactly the same as mine. I have the same problem with the chimmy hood.. Now that i see your photo with the boxed up behind. It gave me some idea to tell my contractor. :)  

1 hour ago, Json said:

Your layout is exactly the same as mine. I have the same problem with the chimmy hood.. Now that i see your photo with the boxed up behind. It gave me some idea to tell my contractor. :)  

Hi @Json if you are willing to spend, you can do a full box up at the top beam part. Im guess it will look nicer.

We didnt do so as we dont plan to stay for long :) 

Hubby & me are in love with our house already.

J&E carpentry work is pretty good.

So in love with the laminates we chose.

Only for the sliding wardrobe door, we gonna check with them how come the closing isnt well fitted.

Our vinyl flooring turned out to be yellowish but cant tell from 1 pieces alone. No choice already chosen.

Living room with & without lights on :) 

image.jpeg

Laminates :wub:

image.jpeg

Dream kitchen :yeah:image.jpeg

On 7/1/2016 at 5:48 PM, Honeylee said:

Hi @Json if you are willing to spend, you can do a full box up at the top beam part. Im guess it will look nicer.

We didnt do so as we dont plan to stay for long :) 

Stretching the budget abit too much.My contractor told me is cheaper to cut the hood instead of boxed up. Maybe will be cheaper with partial boxed up. 

3 hours ago, Json said:

Stretching the budget abit too much.My contractor told me is cheaper to cut the hood instead of boxed up. Maybe will be cheaper with partial boxed up. 

But if the hood is cut it will not be as effective? 

I rem my contractors tellng me something about cutting off but i forgot the reason.

partial like mine cheaper. But if im staying long i wouldnt mind paying abit more since it will look nicer too... Or if u have a top cabinet, prob solved!

Handover delayed by 2 days at the moment as painting works got mistake and not well communicated. There are paint drips everywhere in parts of our home and not cleaned up.

Protective flooring also not used and we asked why, E said to help us save cost.

Its good but shouldnt our opinion be seeked first?

Many small items like door knobs etc. Etc. not done and even shelving we got from ikea only up today.

Was wondering why the handover date needed to be postponed but we were still told its today as promised.

We have already made plans for cleaning today, tomorrow and all items to come in on Monday and E told us our gas, toilet mirrors, shower ledge & painting can only complete on Tues(which we did not take leave for).

sigh...

When boss James came he came to check and reminded on the door knobs to be changed and 2 of our kitchen cabinet doors were scratched so he brought back to change.

James boss to the rescue!

He also made arrangement for painter to finish the painting works tomorrow before everything delivers on Monday. Seems he is the one who can make everything possible.

Our sofa, dining table & dining bench have arrived. Mum did the cleaning of whole house while the hub has to go for work after making the drilling arrangements. Thank god!

image.jpeg

Hi, the carpentry works look good. I'm also looking out for affordable and reliable contractor. Able to pm me on the contact? Thanks! :)

Edited by aicila