Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Deekee

Kitchen plumbing setup. Who right, who wrong? HELP NEEDED!!!

Good day everyone.

I got a big big problem and need you guys for suggestion. Just done my renovation work early this year, have been staying nearly 6 month. However lately I discover that my bottom kitchen cabinet is leaking water. Checked the cabinet and found out that the water waste pipe had some small leak. And for god know it has been how long.

So I called my ID and ask him to check what wrong with the pipe. My ID came down with his plumber and carpenter to check out the leaking problem. Now the nightmare begin. Plumber claim that the pipe he connected  "HDB provided drain pipe" is defect which is not his fault that the water leak. And push all the blame to the HDB contractor. So my wife went down to the service center and find their site supervisor. Unfortunately, the site supervisor doesn't know anything about the waste drain pipe thing and cannot determine whether its their problem or not. So he went off and make a appointment for us the next following day. Since my ID carpenter is around, I asked him about the cabinet. Told the carpenter about my situation about the leak and the water has already contacted the wood. Right now the wood has turn moldy and black. Will it damaged the wood or not . He replied, " Yes the wood is wet but it won't damage the wood all you need is to wipe off the moldy part and dry out the wood it will be fine." I was very shocked to hear this. From what I know once wood contacted with water for certain time, it's as good as damaged. From this point, I got nothing to argue. Plumber claimed that it's not his fault and carpenter said that the wood is fine. So they left.

Following day, service center plumber came. I explained to him the situation and told him what my ID plumber said. He laugh off and told me that my ID plumber has done the wrong way to connect the pipe.

• HDB provided the pipe for the basin BUT they don't do the connection to the drain pipe
  • When my ID plumber fixed the sink pipe to the HDB drain pipe, he DID NOT EVEN GLUE THE INNER PART OF THE PIPE which caused the leak

He showed my wife how the leak caused. And he effortless just pull out the pipe and it's seem like it wasn't glue at all. Which looked like a cover cap to the drain pipe. Right now my wife is damm piss off regarding about this matter. I hope you guys can give me some suggestion and help me out. Sibei heart pain :bangwall:

Kindly refer to the picture attachment. :(

Maybe you guys can share your drain pipe picture with me and see whether is there any problem with my ID plumber. Any professional advise would be really appreciate.

Pipe_explanation.jpg

Cap Cover top view.jpg

Garlic_hole.jpg

Proof of leaking.jpg

Cabinet turn black.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Looks quite bad.  I doubt your ID is going to replace your cabinet which means damaging your countertop which is costly.

Most likely they hopefully will fix the leak and let the plywood dry out.  

If they are not fixing for you, you may need to DIY, scrape off the black mounled wood and fill the edges and any exposed raw plywood with white silicon (not the water soluble type).  it should help.  Actually, a good ID or carpenter should have done it in the first place.  Maximum 1 tube of silicon will do which is only a few dollars.  This is also applicable for vanity bottom cabinets.  But most carpenters and IDs don't care as it takes time to do this.  My cabinets which are silicon and more than 6 years now and is still good.  Advice, find a more responsible or knowledgeable ID or contractors and not cut corners like the silicon.

call the boss of the contractor (i hope the ones visiting your house is not the boss) and tell him (do not scold him) that this is not acceptable and you need them to make good for you.

Whether you're dealing with a plumbing emergency or you've just noticed that the water is draining slowly from your tub or sink, finding a drain clearing expert is something that you need to do carefully. I understand your problem as we have also faced the same issue a few days ago. Then on my friend's recommendation we contacted the plumbing company drain pipe boring South Jersey and finally got the issue solved. Their services and work strategy, both were clear to us in the beginning only and hence we didn't face any further problems.

Well... yeah that is really looking interesting, I cannot tell you who is right and who is wrong, as the whole set up looks really... awkward actually. I guess you both have a point, however the plumber should have come back and repair this mess. I mean, he is a freaking professional, and professionals do not act like that. That is exactly why, I am only using the services of https://sosplomberie.be/debouchage-etterbeek-sos-plomberie in case I am having a plumbing problem. They are having some of the best plumbers!