Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
JoanneHO

Homogeneous Tiles that look like Marble

Hi All

I am looking to renovate my 20+year old unit and currently thinking of hacking up the living room homogeneous tiles . Considering either marble or homo tiles (marble lookalike) and have to been to a few ID that gave differing ideas and opinions . Some ID tell me that nothing can achieve the smooth seamless look of marble and yet there are some who says that there homogenous tiles that can achieve the look of marble and the difference lie in the marble glue used to achieve this effect 

I am interested in the seamless clean look without the grout and edges. Can someone advise is this is true that homogeneous tiles now can achieve this and just use marble glue . The effect will be exactly the same as using marble?

Thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

From what i know from marble experts, even with polishing the grout lines are still visible if you look closely as marble is a natural materials and have vines.  No marble filler or glue can 100 percent hide the grout gap.  Of course, the grout gaps will be much smaller then tiles which need to be about 1.5 to 2 mm.  Because they grind and polish the marble slabs after laying, you will get the seamless feeling with your hands or feet which tiles will never be able to achieve. i would be very interested to see an example of tiles with their marble glue that can achieve the seamless look.  Can you ask them to show a picture?

Hi Joanne,

If you want marble flooring with seamless finish , you can consider broken marble flooring which i think  you can hardly find  this type of layers.

After laid they will polished the whole floor which you can't see the real line .But if you consider tiles that look like marble finishing , you hardly get the real feel of natural marble .

Thanks