Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 2:33 PM, ChrisTanNK said:

Just got my bto recently, like everyone, i was having a hard time to decide whether should i hire a contractor/id. Approach different contractors & ids, I finally settle down with this responsible chinese contractor. He meet me for more than 8 times to explain to me the different materials & works that will be done as I am rather fussy :P He had work in the industry for more than 30 years, done hdb, condo, commercial & landed and is very patience to source for the stuff that i wanted. He does not have a hdb license but the materials he used is all according to hdb laws & if hacking is involved, his partners (hdb licensed) will be the one doing the hacking to ensure all will be fine. For a 4-room flat, a 33k+ quote is reasonable to me as I had choose some good materials for my housing. Would definitely recommend this contractor as he will provide some cabinets drawing and give good advice which i think is better than some ids. 

Can pm me for his contact!

Can PM the contact please?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a simple BTO kitchen cabinet construction. Recently gotten my keys and would only like to proceed with kitchen cabinet.

I have asked for several ID but would like to search for more before deciding.

The Budget that i am looking at is not more than 5K

Do send me an email to lam_min1@hotmail.com 

Thanks!

Edited by JohnLam

On 14/07/2016 at 1:39 PM, kakipo said:

I had a very good contractor as well, because I wanted to have the Scandinavian look and feel. My overall budget was $20K, and he did it successfully for me. 

Can PM me if u want his contact. 

Hi able to send me ur contractor’s contact?

On 18/12/2017 at 3:46 PM, Fiziolution said:

Tried Teng Hong Renovate after seeing some of the reviews here. Verdict: Wouldn't recommend nor discourage you from trying.

My project was handled by one of the two ladies who i assume are the main project managers for the company. She's nice and friendly with a decent amount of experience but lack the kind of proactivity i would have liked for a renovation project. I understand that contractors don't help you design your house, that they'll simply execute according to the needs/wants of the clients  but i would think that they are also capable of recommending you other aspects of a renovation work based on experience. And that is something which was severely lacking with my contractor/project manager.

Given her experience (i'm not sure if this is a common practice but hear me out ok?), i would have thought that she'd create a whatsapp group with the clients involved and provide a progress update of the project but that didn't happen. You'd have to ask for updates to be given one. Seeing that they have handled numerous projects, i would've also expected better workmanship from them but it was disappointing to learn that the project manager does not ensure that the work done is to an acceptable standard. That is not to say that they fixed a cabinet with loose screws but perhaps more of if a wall has been hacked and you have to make good of the "affected areas",  you don't just patch it up and leave it without considering that it has created an uneveness against other parts of the wall. I'm ok if the workers does this because i don't expect them to do more than they are told to do but perhaps for the project manager, it would've been good had she checked on the work, noticed the uneveness and liaised with the client to see if it is acceptable and perhaps even provide an option to consider; evening out the surface and the labour cost induced for such work. There was also the issue with the floor skirtings. Some parts were removed due to the need to hack and the patch up job they did was to just fill in half and half with the untouched floor skirtings in order to fulfill their requirement of making good the affected areas. I had to ask for the project manager to consider if her workers had considered if that is the best possible solution before suggesting a better alternative for her to realise that she's not managing her workers properly. 

I had to deal with every minute detail of the project. It's funny because my renovation project wasn't even complex. All they had to do was hack two walls (kitchen + bedroom), paint the house white and fixed the kitchen cabinets but having to keep tabs on the project manager for updates felt like my renovation required extensive carpentry/tiling/plumbing work. I was never harsh nor demanding, didn't even press them to complete the work quickly but it felt like my project was too 'small fry' for them that they wouldn't take me seriously.

All in all they did an ok job for me but i'm not sure if had I gotten the other lady to handle my renovation project, perhaps my experience would've been better overall. There are a few other issues that i ran into with her but whatever i've mentioned here should suffice.

Just my 2 cents.

skirting.jpeg

skirtingEmpty.jpeg

skirtingfixed.jpeg

unevenCeiling.jpeg

To me this is quite bad.. in fact I almost wanted to engage them already. Mind to share who is your project manager? D or J?

Edited by Yy2008

On 7/13/2016 at 2:33 PM, ChrisTanNK said:

Just got my bto recently, like everyone, i was having a hard time to decide whether should i hire a contractor/id. Approach different contractors & ids, I finally settle down with this responsible chinese contractor. He meet me for more than 8 times to explain to me the different materials & works that will be done as I am rather fussy :P He had work in the industry for more than 30 years, done hdb, condo, commercial & landed and is very patience to source for the stuff that i wanted. He does not have a hdb license but the materials he used is all according to hdb laws & if hacking is involved, his partners (hdb licensed) will be the one doing the hacking to ensure all will be fine. For a 4-room flat, a 33k+ quote is reasonable to me as I had choose some good materials for my housing. Would definitely recommend this contractor as he will provide some cabinets drawing and give good advice which i think is better than some ids. 

hi Chris, dont mind you can  pm/email me the contact at ah_koenwie@yahoo.com? Thanks. :)

On ‎13‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 2:33 PM, ChrisTanNK said:

Hello ChrisTanNK,

Could pm me for his contact pls? thank you

On 6/19/2016 at 4:29 PM, muffin123 said:

I renovated my BTO 4-room flat last year with Teng Hong Renovate. It is a small family run business and the owner is very down to earth and easygoing. I did not engage an ID so I told him (Mr Low) what I want to do my place and he will advise accordingly whether it is doable or not. Here's some photos of my place - https://www.facebook.com/tenghongrenovate/photos/?tab=album&album_id=979983808748886

You can contact his daughter <contact removed> to give you a quote on what you want to do. Hope this helps!

On 7/13/2016 at 1:10 AM, BCChrist78 said:

PMed you my contractor's contact. He's very good in renovation. Do check him out.

On 7/14/2016 at 1:39 PM, kakipo said:

I had a very good contractor as well, because I wanted to have the Scandinavian look and feel. My overall budget was $20K, and he did it successfully for me. 

Dear all,

dont mind you can  pm/email me the contact at ah_koenwie@yahoo.com? Thanks. :)

On 14/07/2016 at 1:39 PM, kakipo said:

can pm your contractor details to cmag20@hotmail.com? Thks