Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi,

can anyone pls advise how to get rid of weeds? I have pearl grass in my garden but it's always overgrowing with weeds despite our attempts at clearing them. Is there any solution to get rid of them once and for all?

and how is carpet grass compared to pearl grass in terms of maintenance and initial cost? I really like the look and plush feel of carpet grass, however I am told that it's really tough to upkeep. 

Thanks in advance

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Besides regular plucking off weeds (including roots), I have not found an easier way. I have seen youtube clips showing pesticide being sprayed across lawns to remove weeds, but not sure if any available in our location and the effectiveness.

I used to grow carpet grass, it is not easy to maintain, also often filled by weeds. Now after reconstruction, I selected pearl grass as I was told that it is easier to maintain. Still weeds grow but the rate of pearl grass growth is slower. Bot I had another problem of millipedes in pearl grass. I was told that, there is no problem of millipedes in carpet grass due to the sand filled lawn. Cost wise, 'm told that both pearl grass and carpet grass is close.

Hi sillbeers15,

these weeds are really persistent and a big eyesore! Yes I used to have a similar problem of millipedes, they even make their way into the house! But I noticed that after I started engaging a pest company who comes every 2 months to spray a water based pesticide around the perimeter of the house to get rid of cockroaches and ants, the population of millipedes have also reduced dramatically. 

My neighbour used to have carpet grass too, but has since given up on that and has now resorted to using fake carpet grass ....

i remember replacing the soil to some kind of sand helps. am not botanical expert but heard this from a gardener before. need to dig away 1m of your soil and replace it to something that is not suitable for weeds to grow... not sure if it's just purely sand or something that sand-like... 

I used to have  millipedes in my car porch, and terrace area.  Came to know the soil in the lawn is too moist which encourage the growth of millipedes.  After I stop watering in the evening,  millipedes issue solved, weeds problem still remain ....   

On 12/16/2016 at 10:45 AM, gunny7281 said:

Don't plant anything. lol

Planting your own plants a way to deprieved the  weed from growing and yhavong your own plants as well in process.

On 6/27/2016 at 5:19 PM, Spartacus said:

Hi,

can anyone pls advise how to get rid of weeds? I have pearl grass in my garden but it's always overgrowing with weeds despite our attempts at clearing them. Is there any solution to get rid of them once and for all?

and how is carpet grass compared to pearl grass in terms of maintenance and initial cost? I really like the look and plush feel of carpet grass, however I am told that it's really tough to upkeep. 

Thanks in advance

Otherwise, it’s actually very difficult, and for this you need enormous willpower and endurance. To begin with, you yourself should want to get rid of this habit, and then you need to reduce the amount of grass used and the need will gradually become less .. By the way, I think that vape can help you. My friend stopped smoking weed because of the vape with cbd oil. He bought cartridges at https://knockoutcbd.com/cbd-product-category/cbd-vape-juices/ and this really helped him and now he has absolutely no dependence.

Why get rid of them? Or are these the weeds that you can get high from? If it is weeds with pleasure effect, you're in luck. For example, if you have problems with aggression, you can use them. When I had problems with aggression.I decided to buy weeds to get rid of aggression. My friend said that my nervous system should immediately calm down and I would feel my whole body relax. By the way, he advised me weed. He also advised me buy it on getkush.io. I don't think you have a serious problem.

As far as I know, there are many ways to get rid of weeds, but you have to choose which one is right for you. I know that many gardeners use synthetic products as well as chemicals to control weeds, but I can't say exactly how effective it is. In addition, it is harmful to the health of the body, especially the skin. Even if you use gloves, you are not 100% protected.Personally, I use a trimmer that not only mows the lawn, but also gets rid of weeds. Honestly, it's convenient and the main thing is that it's safe. You can find more information here if you are interested. Let me know about your choice.