Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gumbokins

RENOVATION IS COMING #gameofhomes

1 hour ago, Mannequin said:

Hello I'm trying to purchase fromxTWOstore , 1st time of purchase, is it safe? Total purchase EUR1,212.16, total 15.75kg shipping EUR124.90, no indication of taxes? Thank you.

@Mannequin > this was my first purchase also. Other than the long wait, it went pretty smoothly for me (although I notice the website sometimes got lag). the GST and permit fee was charged on the Singapore side by the courier company (DPEX Worldwide Express, payable by cash or cheque.

GST I was expecting coz more than $400. The permit fee was unexpected though.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

OMG @gumbokins That wall (I'll be honest though, I really can't tell whether they are upside-down or right-way up, but if it bugs you, then get him to change it!) ! And so glad to see some updates! Same Andrew? Hahaha.

Kitchen pipes? My suggestion is to paint it white. Or black. I had this grand idea (which I might have done if I'm not bloody pregnant) of, after the pipes get painted, do a little bit of painting of lines on the pipe (I was aiming for my toilet pipes so I was going to paint hexagonal lines to match my hexagonal tiles) so that the pipe looks like it blends in a leeeeetle bit. Maybe can do subway tile lines for yours hahaha.

AC installation today

10sgguv.jpg

2kqph.jpg

my parents only had the little antique window unit (it was still working btw) before this.

1zxqj3k.jpg

Teka hob delivered as well.

Our chief ID has gone on a work trip and sent his second lieutenant to the battlefront. They will be touching up the parquet flooring upstairs and start painting the bedrooms this week. Carpentry is also underway. Some areas not tiled yet, the tilers are waiting for more tiles to arrive and for the windows to be fitted before finishing up.

Your wall looks nice! Not seen anything like it before and It really is a standout piece  :wub: The direction of the leaves on the tiles looks the same as the wall display to me.. *squints at screen*. If you can't unsee then I really do hope that your ID is able to change it accordingly!

I also bought a light from taobao that looks very much like yours! The half wood, white white one shaped like a cake. But the wooden bit for mine turned out to be metal (I think) with wood-coloured printing on it - not actual wood :( 

Your progress looks pretty good so far. Can't wait to see more updates for your home!

Edited by kingandbin

5 hours ago, rae said:

popping by! :D

can share the links to your lights please! 

@rae

spam links here:

1) OPPLE ceiling lights 1 & 2

2) geometric ceiling light

3) longish wall light

4) 'cheesecake' ceiling light

@kingandbin > you're right..the cheesecake light is made of "iron wood craft, the exquisite natural"

and thanks for dropping by, love seeing the your progress as well. TB game strong! i've got me eye on the same candy coloured stools :D

9 hours ago, gumbokins said:

@rae

spam links here:

1) OPPLE ceiling lights 1 & 2

2) geometric ceiling light

3) longish wall light

4) 'cheesecake' ceiling light

@kingandbin > you're right..the cheesecake light is made of "iron wood craft, the exquisite natural"

and thanks for dropping by, love seeing the your progress as well. TB game strong! i've got me eye on the same candy coloured stools :D

looks like we all like the candy colored stools :D

@gumbokins hihi! I haven't been here a long time and I just logged in to say that I love those feature wall tiles! (and that I can tell they're upside down too... so it's really not just you! Hope you get it fixed!)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sapphire89 said:

@gumbokins hihi! I haven't been here a long time and I just logged in to say that I love those feature wall tiles! (and that I can tell they're upside down too... so it's really not just you! Hope you get it fixed!)

@sapphire89 waah very honoured! thanks thanks...but OMG!  I really thought I was going crazy!

It's not an easy job to redo and the tiles were ahem not welly cheap so it's not just a matter of tearing down and re-doing

grrr

8 hours ago, rae said:

looks like we all like the candy colored stools :D

hahahah! is it the next big item to hit Singapore homes?

i will probably be keeping them in the store till people visit tho lol

today was plumbing day...the new pipes so shinyy and they are putting up the L-boxes in the dining and study.

this weekend will be spent sealing and labelling the packing boxes, we're 2 weekends away from our Phase 1 move!

47 minutes ago, gumbokins said:

hahahah! is it the next big item to hit Singapore homes?

i will probably be keeping them in the store till people visit tho lol

today was plumbing day...the new pipes so shinyy and they are putting up the L-boxes in the dining and study.

this weekend will be spent sealing and labelling the packing boxes, we're 2 weekends away from our Phase 1 move!

Sameee. Gonna keep them aside till when there's guests. We expect lots of board games sessions with friends so the dining table will be extendable. Extra stools are a must! :lol: 

So fast prepping for the big move liao! When will the carpentry stuff be in and what's the estimated completion of your place?

And and how many phases will the move be in? I've got to start planning too ~~

1 hour ago, kingandbin said:

Sameee. Gonna keep them aside till when there's guests. We expect lots of board games sessions with friends so the dining table will be extendable. Extra stools are a must! :lol: 

So fast prepping for the big move liao! When will the carpentry stuff be in and what's the estimated completion of your place?

And and how many phases will the move be in? I've got to start planning too ~~

our handover of my current place is mid October. Was worried that we wouldn't be able to finish moving everything in that last weekend so I split it into two :D we asked for the bedrooms to be ready first, and there's no carpentry involved upstairs so should be able to finish quickly. but we also need to polish and varnish the flooring.

On 9/27/2016 at 5:48 PM, gumbokins said:

@sapphire89 waah very honoured! thanks thanks...but OMG!  I really thought I was going crazy!

It's not an easy job to redo and the tiles were ahem not welly cheap so it's not just a matter of tearing down and re-doing

grrr

Oh that's so depressing. I hope you can get it fixed! The colours on it are so pretty and vibrant!

On 9/27/2016 at 8:07 PM, gumbokins said:

our handover of my current place is mid October. Was worried that we wouldn't be able to finish moving everything in that last weekend so I split it into two :D we asked for the bedrooms to be ready first, and there's no carpentry involved upstairs so should be able to finish quickly. but we also need to polish and varnish the flooring.

Mid October.. Sounds like a fair bit of time but in reality it's real soon! Wise choice to split up the moving into two batches- which also reminds me that our targeted completion date is nearer than we think it is. :unsure: gah, the stress