Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gumbokins

RENOVATION IS COMING #gameofhomes

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Live Update!

Gate and door being installed

2zny29w.jpg

There was a problem with the installation....you know how resale flats have their gate and door near to each other? They forgot to account for this so both bang into each other when they are closed. So now have to wait for them to rectify...

Edited by gumbokins

On ‎22‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:01 AM, gumbokins said:

anerf6.jpg

the DB box and SMARTBOX thingies for the smart home system

xq9fdh.jpg

can control the lights in the house from the app. pretty cool...esp when you have too many lights! eventually the AC and ceiling fans will be wired up as well. 

it's been exactly a week since we moved it and the house is still not very settled...hurrhurr *cries*

The smartbox thing looks so cool!!!

8 hours ago, slashmylove said:

The smartbox thing looks so cool!!!

fun to play with. and also very convenient. the set up includes a master switch in our bedroom as well as next to the main door. we can set up the different scenes on the app to choose which combo of lightings we want to use.

17 hours ago, gumbokins said:

fun to play with. and also very convenient. the set up includes a master switch in our bedroom as well as next to the main door. we can set up the different scenes on the app to choose which combo of lightings we want to use.

If only I'd seen your T-blog earlier! Now that my reno is coming to a close I don't think I would bother to change anything in the near future (lazy) so gotta wait a while already... haha! Thanks for sharing!! I appreciate in envy~~~ :P 

On 10/27/2016 at 11:26 AM, slashmylove said:

If only I'd seen your T-blog earlier! Now that my reno is coming to a close I don't think I would bother to change anything in the near future (lazy) so gotta wait a while already... haha! Thanks for sharing!! I appreciate in envy~~~ :P 

haha! ok we only got it because our ID was aggressively looking for new clients and we got a pretty nice discount. great for lights, definitely.

so my gate and digital locks have been installed. they sent a total of 6 different people over 2 days to complete the installation. 

mucp52.jpg

love the gate, we actually chose it because we wanted a cat friendly design and also did not want to kill the air flow through the unit. so something hole-y but not very hole-y. colour combo inspired by my ex neighbour who has a black gate-light brown door combo as well.

but the gate wasn't measured right, and so I ended up with two deep gashes (all the way to the metal), where it banged against my main door handle.

2dakbrs.jpg

and the gate people came to adjust the gate, and touch up like this

33ww0ms.jpg

weeeiiii...this is a brand new and pricey gate leh. plus the damage was caused by their installation. I informed MDL and they said they would get back to me. also i am owed a door viewer? i think..

On 10/26/2016 at 6:43 PM, movingproz said:

looks like we all like the candy colored stools

carrying on our love for all things candy coloured

spotted at my neighbourhood sundry shop: candy coloured broom and dustpan set

n18db6.jpg

and also these gorgeous dustbins with their cable knit pattern

24qibyp.jpg

22 hours ago, gumbokins said:

so my gate and digital locks have been installed. they sent a total of 6 different people over 2 days to complete the installation. 

mucp52.jpg

love the gate, we actually chose it because we wanted a cat friendly design and also did not want to kill the air flow through the unit. so something hole-y but not very hole-y. colour combo inspired by my ex neighbour who has a black gate-light brown door combo as well.

but the gate wasn't measured right, and so I ended up with two deep gashes (all the way to the metal), where it banged against my main door handle.

2dakbrs.jpg

and the gate people came to adjust the gate, and touch up like this

33ww0ms.jpg

weeeiiii...this is a brand new and pricey gate leh. plus the damage was caused by their installation. I informed MDL and they said they would get back to me. also i am owed a door viewer? i think..

Love your gate! Holey but not too holey! Means people have to actually peer inside your house to see it, instead of a glance. But that touch up is nasty. I hope you heckle them good! 

23 hours ago, YellowStranger said:

Love your gate! Holey but not too holey! Means people have to actually peer inside your house to see it, instead of a glance. But that touch up is nasty. I hope you heckle them good! 

haha glad someone also understands the holey-but not too-holey part! 

i hope that they can also come up with a sensible solution!

On 10/31/2016 at 11:54 AM, twinklecloud said:

wow!!! love your place!! got smart home too!!!

@twinklecloud thanks thanks! still work in progress...now no mood to do hahaha

On 10/31/2016 at 9:18 PM, Doremon said:

cool colors! Keep on sharing your journey. I am so excited as I am also going to renovate soon

@Doremon thanks thanks! very colourful hor...all the best for ur reno journey!