Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bluezzz

Renovation For Executive Apartment Within $25k

hi Bluezzz,

my budget for my EA is ard $20K

U shd find an ID who is able to work within ur budget..

there is no such thing as U cannot afford the reno.. jus compromise and work with what U have.

I think a responsible ID will be able to advise you what to do and what not to do so that U will not exceed ur budget.

!!

If not, get a contractor to do up ur house. Heard that it will b very much cheaper! but, u will need to co-ordinate the design and manpower yourself.. 8|

Cheers~ on ur reno journey!

Edited by krisietong

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
no doable... we started getting quote by giving them this budget but none of them can make it and the quote and actual reno actually went MORE than that. they will tell you ...can if you drop this and that and use not so good material etc ......

IMHO for an EA, 30K is abit pushy already

One of the trick to get your budget is to get a quotation for the whole house

if you read my blog on strategies... EA comes with a certain price expectation tag... it is sort of an industry practice.

looking at your requirements, you are not customizing the whole house furniture... so what I would do is to include things like cabinets, build-in wardrobes and additional kitchen cabinets to your list when seeking a quotation... this is to beat the "package" mentality most contractors have.

DO a survey of the prices of current PFR or per unit cost on everything quoted , then give the contractor your budget like $30-35k for everything mentioned above. Remember to get them to itemize the costing... if not for every item, then at least a break down for each room.

When you get the quote, you got to do a little homework... breakdown everything to its unit cost... then remove the additional items you have no need for... this will bring you closer to the budget you truly want. !!

Hope it is useful

all the trades? what you meant huh? :jawdrop:

Hi Korea,

That is to say, u didn't engage an ID/contractor and had sources for the tilers, plumbers, carpenters etc yourself and did the coordination work is it? If not, how u manage to did it within $19k? :bangwall:

Think might be possible. May have to fine tune some of your requirements like the feature wall. Can go check out my blog, I got my reno done for about 30K. Everything in.

Hi Korea,

That is to say, u didn't engage an ID/contractor and had sources for the tilers, plumbers, carpenters etc yourself and did the coordination work is it? If not, how u manage to did it within $19k? !!

If u fine tune abit, its possible! Eg, do u really need to have LBox in every room? 1 connection with installation easily between $25-38 already, just count how many light pts are needed?

I just sign my contract last weekend... my quote is below 28K and its almost all inclusive. There are some IDs out there which can offer reasonable quotes, please approach more IDs before u signed on the dot.

Cheers.

yup, 19k included hacking and laying of tiles and laminates. :) when relatives/friends came to our house, we told them about our reno cost and all of them don't believe us. haha. :notti:

can share your ID/ contractors

please ....!

Think might be possible. May have to fine tune some of your requirements like the feature wall. Can go check out my blog, I got my reno done for about 30K. Everything in.

Hi Sjack73, whats the website for your blog?

Hi all,

This is my 1st forum posted here.

Would like to check it is possible to renovate my new EA within $25K and comprises the following?:

1) Interior design & Space Planning

2) Supply and installation of the following:

Floor finishes:

- Homogenous tiles to living/ dinning/ study/ store rm and kitchen;

- laminate floor finish to bedroom

- Pebble wash to balcony

Wall finishes:

- Painting to whole unit

Ceiling finishes:

- L light holder to all rooms except balcony/ bath/ kitchen

- false ceiling to master bedroom/ passage way and entrance foyer

- painting to remaining areas

Carpentry Work

- Kitchen Cabinet with solid top

- Built in Cabinet for Master bedrm

- Shoe Cabinet

- TV console with feature wall

- Feature wall to master bed

Metal works

- Supply and installation of aluminium window grilles to all rms.

Thanks!:(

Hi bluezzz,

Welcome to Renotalk. It is always wise to find out things from this forum before you confirm your reno. Mine is also EA & i spent about 40K only for the renovation...with about the same reno list as yours...my budget was also 25K, ID told me not possible since the spacing is bigger & required more tiles..carpentry work also costly..

But if you engage a contractor, may be cheaper...i guess

!!

Edited by Nerraw_warreN

I think it should be ok. I just signed wif ID for my 130sqm EA. Doing all flring homo, 2 wardrobe, shelter feature, ceiling works, kitchen cabinet, living console. About 28k. If you cut the ceiling works and shelter feature will be 25k.

It all depends on wat u wan or need. My shelter is 12ft. Quotes i got range from $990 to $2.3k. Also how much kitchen cabinets u need. Standard is $100 per ft run. If you have long kitchen dun do top.

Go get a few quotes and compare. You will cut the stuff u need or dun need to fit your budget.

I'm in the process of renovating my NYC apartment and it's been quite an undertaking finding the right contractors. My kitchen is original to the prewar building so it definitely needs a full renovation. I want to knock down a wall and open it up to the living room for a more modern, open concept. I've heard horror stories about contractors so I've been extra cautious in my search. A friend recently recommended King Installation apartment renovation services to me. She used them for several projects in her Brooklyn brownstone including a full kitchen and bathroom renovation. She said they were very professional, staying on schedule and budget, and did an amazing job with attention to detail. I checked out their website and portfolio and was impressed. Their site is kinginstallation.com if you want to learn more. They seem to specialize in apartment renovations in NYC so I think I'll trust my friend's recommendation and give them a call for a quote. Fingers crossed it goes smoothly!