Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
JohnJohn

Moving during 7th month

Hi all, need some advice. Despite starting my reno at the end of March, my place doesn't look like it will be ready before 7th month. The general belief is not to move during 7th month, but unfortunately, as my lease on my cuirrent renatl apt will end just after 7th month, I will have no choice but to move into my new place during 7th month.

Need advice on whether it is really bad luck to move during 7th month and if yes, are there any ways to ward off the bad luck.

Thanks to all in advance.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

not necessarily bad. not every day of 7th month is bad..

For some it might be good depending on the bazi of you and your spouse.

like they say don't move or buy house during tiger year or something, no such thing.  if its bad for someone, its definitely good for someone else..

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:41 AM, JohnJohn said:

Hi all, need some advice. Despite starting my reno at the end of March, my place doesn't look like it will be ready before 7th month. The general belief is not to move during 7th month, but unfortunately, as my lease on my cuirrent renatl apt will end just after 7th month, I will have no choice but to move into my new place during 7th month.

Need advice on whether it is really bad luck to move during 7th month and if yes, are there any ways to ward off the bad luck.

did you decorate your place like H-E-L-Lor SUPER-YIN ? if yes, many 7th month ghost will visit your house ..

If not decorate like H-E-L-L, but HEAVEN PALACE, 7th month gods will protect your home from un-necessary.

Edited by kalimantan

On 11/07/2016 at 10:41 AM, JohnJohn said:

Human live in community - individuals behaviours often seek for acknowlegement, recognition and conformance for 'acceptance' in order to be remained in the community. Failing the acceptance, will be treated as if like 'alien'. To certain extend, human behavious are often 'herding' without logical reasoning due to pressure for conformance!. These values, norms.....form part of 'culture'. 

Only individuals with artistic DNA love to behave as if 'alien' - they dare to act differently. Artistic DNA links with 'Hero' DNA. Why?

Culturally speaking, the taoism avoid 'doing many things' in lunar 7th month. This is historical.....

Logically speaking, the Malay/Indian/Angmoh....also move house and 'do many things' in the 'same month' - any bad luck to these peoples ? The answer is obvious!.

You should ask: 'Will I be treated like an alien if i move house in the 7th month'. Or, "Should i seek sure conformance and what are the possible results if i don't follow".

Edited by bepgof

On 08/08/2016 at 10:52 AM, casseogi00 said:

It will be best to even stop renovating on the 7th lunar month, you might not know who else might be renovating for you!

Any empirical evidence to share?

Or just can bark but cannnot bite?

On 08/08/2016 at 10:52 AM, casseogi00 said:

It will be best to even stop renovating on the 7th lunar month, you might not know who else might be renovating for you!

Bangladeshi?

On 8/27/2016 at 5:14 PM, godloveyou said:

Any empirical evidence to share?

Or just can bark but cannnot bite?

I am just saying guys. I didnt meant anything bad. Its just something Ive heard my old folks saying. 

Edited by casseogi00

But anyway, I do have to highlight something. I moved during the 7th month and it was a horrible experience. 

I engaged Yong Shen Movers to do my house moving during the 7th month period. They were really friendly at first, responding to my queries and all that. But on the day of the move, they were about an hour late. The initial understanding that I got from them was that it would take 2 trips for my house to finish moving. 

On the day, their supervisor said that it may take more than 2, about half more truck. So I guess thats fine. But in the midst of the 3rd trip, he told me it would take an additional 1.5 truck. I got furious so when they unloaded, I demanded that they show me what was inside the "full" truck. It was not even 3/4 utilised. This just proves that they did not fully maximise the space in the first 2 trucks as well. This is super unprofessional. I got them to give me a discount because they space was not fully utilised. They demanded that I pay the full amount almost $1500. They said theyll call the police if I dont pay and also said I couldnt proof anything about the truck not using the space fully. 

I got pressured to pay them but this a really bad experience. I would not recommend them at all. It was a really really bad experience. 

DO NOT USE YONGSHEN MOVERS

Edited by casseogi00

On 02/09/2016 at 2:44 PM, casseogi00 said:

DO NOT USE YONGSHEN MOVERS

Tell you a 'story', some might have already heard:

A blind girl hates everything in the world except her loving BF. She promises to marry him if she could see the world.

One day, someone donates her a pair of eyes and there on she could see the world, of course including her BF.

He asks her "would you marry me?" The girl is so shock to realise that her BF is blind! And she refuses to marry him.

He walks away in tears and writes her a letter: 'Please take care of my eyes, my dear'.

Moral of story: Life is a gift.

Say easy hor, practice make perfect!

Religious culture/Norms/practices are such powerful that 'move' and 'transform' things in real life.

Our late LKY stepped in and had closed door meeting with temple elders, Nee Soon, 2001.......