Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eitherway

Please avoid THE STORY OF US!!!

Extremely unsatisfied with this ID firm and the designer we engaged. We met them at EXPO during one of the furniture fairs earlier this year. The quotation we got in the first place was already much higher than other ID firms that we engaged. We thought they might have a better quality of service so we chose them in the end. However, the quality of the service is completed disastrous and caused us a lot of trouble and anger. The designer introduced us a very expensive electrician (quotation is about 40% higher than the market average when we compared with our friends' electrician quotations which have been done recently) and claimed they are expensive because they are very skillful and experienced. However, the work done by the electrician are extremely low quality and the workers made a lot of mistakes during the process, i.e, some lights are installed at the wrong position and they did not realize their mistake until I took a ruler and do the measurement myself; some switches have been installed to other position without prior notification to us and when we asked, the designer simply say it would be more work if they put the switches at the original discussed position. WHAT A CONVENIENT REASON! There are also plenty of things which they have decided on site on their own without caring to ask me for confirmation. Only till I asked, the designer then told me what they have done and they think it's the better way. A lot of the work has been redone because of this lack in communication. What is more ridiculous is one day during the project, I even found two cigarette butts on the floor in my house. The "experienced" electrician SMOKE at site during their work time!!! What a professional way to do their job! 
The designer also brought us to a lighting shop near their office whose lights are about 2-3 times more expensive than the other shops in the Balestier road. We found this disgusting fact in the next day when we went to Balestier to shop for lights on our own. Also the designer refuses to help us deliver anything (i.e. door and lights) and claimed they are not allowed to do so because later may cause dispute if any damage happened. And they will put extra charges on literally anything that we asked them to change. 
Overall, the experience I had with THE STORY OF US is a total frustration and dissatisfaction. I will not recommend this firm to anyone, ever. And one gentle reminder, do not go to expo furniture show to purchase anything or engage any company. They have to mark up your contract in order to cover their cost for the booth. 

Edited by eitherway
Add some comments in.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 14 July 2016 at 11:20 AM, eitherway said:

Extremely unsatisfied with this ID firm and the designer we engaged. We met them at EXPO during one of the furniture fairs earlier this year. The quotation we got in the first place was already much higher than other ID firms that we engaged. We thought they might have a better quality of service so we chose them in the end. However, the quality of the service is completed disastrous and caused us a lot of trouble and anger. The designer introduced us a very expensive electrician (quotation is about 40% higher than the market average when we compared with our friends' electrician quotations which have been done recently) and claimed they are expensive because they are very skillful and experienced. However, the work done by the electrician are extremely low quality and the workers made a lot of mistakes during the process, i.e, some lights are installed at the wrong position and they did not realize their mistake until I took a ruler and do the measurement myself; some switches have been installed to other position without prior notification to us and when we asked, the designer simply say it would be more work if they put the switches at the original discussed position. WHAT A CONVENIENT REASON! There are also plenty of things which they have decided on site on their own without caring to ask me for confirmation. Only till I asked, the designer then told me what they have done and they think it's the better way. A lot of the work has been redone because of this lack in communication. What is more ridiculous is one day during the project, I even found two cigarette butts on the floor in my house. The "experienced" electrician SMOKE at site during their work time!!! What a professional way to do their job! 
The designer also brought us to a lighting shop near their office whose lights are about 2-3 times more expensive than the other shops in the Balestier road. We found this disgusting fact in the next day when we went to Balestier to shop for lights on our own. Also the designer refuses to help us deliver anything (i.e. door and lights) and claimed they are not allowed to do so because later may cause dispute if any damage happened. And they will put extra charges on literally anything that we asked them to change. 
Overall, the experience I had with THE STORY OF US is a total frustration and dissatisfaction. I will not recommend this firm to anyone, ever. And one gentle reminder, do not go to expo furniture show to purchase anything or engage any company. They have to mark up your contract in order to cover their cost for the booth. 

I am also experiencing my very 1st stressful renovation but not the same firm. It was not just unsatisfied, it was beyond that. It totally seems like i am the one receiving the money from the ID instead of me paying. I had to bear with his bad attitude and all the **** works after spending so much. Totally feel you...

• Like 1

On 7/14/2016 at 11:20 AM, eitherway said:

So sorry to hear your experience. Sadly, we have signed a reno package with them and from Expo as well. =(

We have yet to start our renovation but i am hoping everything will turn out well. Can i know what is the name of your ID?

On 7/14/2016 at 11:20 AM, eitherway said:

Feel sorry for you.. is there any more payment for them ? Maybe can try hold them until they finish the job? 

On 26 July 2016 at 2:39 AM, bunnyrabbit88 said:

I am also experiencing my very 1st stressful renovation but not the same firm. It was not just unsatisfied, it was beyond that. It totally seems like i am the one receiving the money from the ID instead of me paying. I had to bear with his bad attitude and all the **** works after spending so much. Totally feel you...

Hi mind to pm me the company name so I can avoid ? Thanks

On 9/24/2016 at 9:30 AM, 48329_1456196161 said:

So sorry to hear your experience. Sadly, we have signed a reno package with them and from Expo as well. =(

We have yet to start our renovation but i am hoping everything will turn out well. Can i know what is the name of your ID?

Name starts with G...

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 11:20 AM, eitherway said:

can u pm me what is the id company name so I can avoid them with thanks