Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ah_kiat

~~ Kuromi Castle ~~

hihi,

welcome to JW! :lol:

I have been to ur block before.. cos I remember the view of the stadium..

haha..

my hubby and I were standing at the corridor facing the stadium comtemplating.. my hubby badly wanted the block cos he said he can get to watch free scoccer games there! haha.. den I told him, if this block faces the swimming pool, it will b even better.. den I get to see hunky guys in their trunks!

but too bad, at the point of time we were not ready to commit for the flat.. CPF not enough.. thats y din manage to get it :dancingqueen:

Edited by krisietong

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Good Morning Ah Kiat,

Welcome to JW, me staying at Blk 987A. :lol:

I bought plasma TV for my living room so brackets and wall mounting were provided and they even help me to connect to my DVD player. :D

Washing machine also install by the supplier.

Note: If you wan to buy ur TV first, make sure u take the measurement of ur sitting area and wheather to wall mount or table stand. Plan the lay out if you also wan to include ur Home Thearte system.

:dancingqueen:

Hi Mymelody and ah_kiat,

I am your fellow neighbour, staying at 987B. Do you remember me? I think both of you have came to my home before, not long ago. You started your own blog, Thats gd. I look forward to see your pictures.

For the TV, actually all you have to do is to tell your ID how big is your TV, 32", 37", 40" or 42". They should know the rough dimension. So they can start to do your TV feature wall. Then after your feature wall have been done up, you can ask the TV and brackets to be delivered and installed at the same time.

For home theatre system, I that time never thought of buying those big receiver and speakers types of HTS. So I am thinking of placing all the speakers and receivers on the TV console. But then now I have bought HTS with 7.1 ch receiver and 5.1 ch speakers. So they are rather big, and have to placed 2 tall rear speaker behind my sofa. Luckily my receiver can still fit into my console. The woofer will be placed on the floor. The 2 front speakers will be placed on top of the console.

So one word of advice, do consider the size of the HTS that you are going to buy, whether you want rear speakers to place behind your sofa and ask your ID to do the cutting on the false ceiling if you want to place speakers on the ceiling.

Hi Cantona7,

nice to see you here. How's ur stay in your new house so far? Let me give u some clues of guessing who I am. I know u and your wife and your ID. You came to my home before. I am staying at 987B. My gf and I came to your home before and chat with you and ur wife for quite long. So now can you guess?

Edited by ah_wai

hihi,

welcome to JW! :lol:

I have been to ur block before.. cos I remember the view of the stadium..

haha..

my hubby and I were standing at the corridor facing the stadium comtemplating.. my hubby badly wanted the block cos he said he can get to watch free scoccer games there! haha.. den I told him, if this block faces the swimming pool, it will b even better.. den I get to see hunky guys in their trunks!

but too bad, at the point of time we were not ready to commit for the flat.. CPF not enough.. thats y din manage to get it :yeah:

hihi,

nvm lah...now that u got an EA....bigger flat...good mah...:lol:

Good Morning Ah Kiat,

Welcome to JW, me staying at Blk 987A. :D

I bought plasma TV for my living room so brackets and wall mounting were provided and they even help me to connect to my DVD player. :dribble:

Washing machine also install by the supplier.

Note: If you wan to buy ur TV first, make sure u take the measurement of ur sitting area and wheather to wall mount or table stand. Plan the lay out if you also wan to include ur Home Thearte system.

:dancingqueen:

hihi cantona,

i'm staying at 987B. ;)

Thanks for the advice. Yeah..I have already something in mind and have taken those into consideration....Have u moved in yet ? Yours done up by Dave rite ?

Hi Mymelody and ah_kiat,

I am your fellow neighbour, staying at 987B. Do you remember me? I think both of you have came to my home before, not long ago. You started your own blog, Thats gd. I look forward to see your pictures.

For the TV, actually all you have to do is to tell your ID how big is your TV, 32", 37", 40" or 42". They should know the rough dimension. So they can start to do your TV feature wall. Then after your feature wall have been done up, you can ask the TV and brackets to be delivered and installed at the same time.

For home theatre system, I that time never thought of buying those big receiver and speakers types of HTS. So I am thinking of placing all the speakers and receivers on the TV console. But then now I have bought HTS with 7.1 ch receiver and 5.1 ch speakers. So they are rather big, and have to placed 2 tall rear speaker behind my sofa. Luckily my receiver can still fit into my console. The woofer will be placed on the floor. The 2 front speakers will be placed on top of the console.

So one word of advice, do consider the size of the HTS that you are going to buy, whether you want rear speakers to place behind your sofa and ask your ID to do the cutting on the false ceiling if you want to place speakers on the ceiling.

hihi wai,

yeah...of course i remember you. We have the same layout. Your house is so nicely done up by Angeline. :P

Thanks for the advice too. I have already shortlisted my TV and HTS. I chose those with small speakers. Planning to put all my speakers in front (i know it defeat the purpose of HTS :D ) haha

Another option that i'm exploring is actually going into wireless for my rear speakers...but dunno where to put as i dun intend to mount onto my false ceiling. Personally i find it messy and afraid next time speaker or wire spoil, will have headache...worse come to worse all my speakers are in front... :lol:

Which HTS you bought ?

hihi wai,

yeah...of course i remember you. We have the same layout. Your house is so nicely done up by Angeline. :)

Thanks for the advice too. I have already shortlisted my TV and HTS. I chose those with small speakers. Planning to put all my speakers in front (i know it defeat the purpose of HTS 8| ) haha

Another option that i'm exploring is actually going into wireless for my rear speakers...but dunno where to put as i dun intend to mount onto my false ceiling. Personally i find it messy and afraid next time speaker or wire spoil, will have headache...worse come to worse all my speakers are in front... !!

Which HTS you bought ?

This is the speaker I have bought and it came with FOC speaker stands and a coil of monster cable

http://www.intl.onkyo.com/products/speaker...t235/index.html

Receiver I think is this one:

http://www.intl.onkyo.com/products/av_comp...r504/index.html

DVD player

http://www.oppodigital.com/dv970hd/dv970hd.html

If you do not want to mount your speakers on your false ceilings, you can get those speaker stands and place them behind your sofa for rear speakers. If you plan your cabling, it should not be messy. Wireless I do not know their performance but I have read from somewhere that the speakers must have line of sight with the receiver.

Are you considering the Samsung one, the very popular one?

This is the speaker I have bought and it came with FOC speaker stands and a coil of monster cable

DVD player

If you do not want to mount your speakers on your false ceilings, you can get those speaker stands and place them behind your sofa for rear speakers. If you plan your cabling, it should not be messy. Wireless I do not know their performance but I have read from somewhere that the speakers must have line of sight with the receiver.

Oh...Onkyo...My current house is using onkyo...Good stuff...

Yes. I'm considering Samsung XQ100. Lower my expectations on HTS. An average one will do. !!

When u target to shift in ?

Oh...Onkyo...My current house is using onkyo...Good stuff...

Yes. I'm considering Samsung XQ100. Lower my expectations on HTS. An average one will do. !!

When u target to shift in ?

ah_kiat,

Samsung XQ100 very chio. It will definitely make your home look classy. For your information, you need to buy a wireless module in order for it to work wirelessly.

I am targetting to shift in this 2nd week or 3rd week of March.

DVD player

Hello Ah Wai,

Of course i rem u. :)

Wow got new HTS! 8| Can i go to ur hse and test the new sys? !!

Hello Ah Wai,

Of course i rem u. :)

Wow got new HTS! 8| Can i go to ur hse and test the new sys? !!

Oh.. They will arrived this Sat from 11am to 2pm, but calibration will be another day. Yah...you are welcome to come but it will not be in the optimized settings yet.

Oh.. They will arrived this Sat from 11am to 2pm, but calibration will be another day. Yah...you are welcome to come but it will not be in the optimized settings yet.

Did u paid for the calibration, cos I had to pay $300.00 for my calibration and installation.

hihi cantona,

i'm staying at 987B. 8|

Thanks for the advice. Yeah..I have already something in mind and have taken those into consideration....Have u moved in yet ? Yours done up by Dave rite ?

hihi wai,

Hi Ah Kiat, have we met before? Hw come u know mine was done up by Dave? !!

Edited by Cantona7

ah_kiat,

Samsung XQ100 very chio. It will definitely make your home look classy. For your information, you need to buy a wireless module in order for it to work wirelessly.

I am targetting to shift in this 2nd week or 3rd week of March.

Yeah...Love at first sight...haha...yeah i know need the wireless module i think SWA1000 or something...

oh that's quite soon...Good to move in soon...can enjoy the fruit of the money and effort put into your house... :sport-smiley-003:

For mine, I'm meeting my ID this week to finalise some of the details for the remaining works.

From next week onwards should be able to resume my reno ;)

Hi Ah Kiat, have we met before? Hw come u know mine was done up by Dave? :unsure:

No we have not meet before. I think you mentioned in some of the threads. :D

Have you moved in ?

oic, i thought we had met before. :D

Yes, we moved in last month b4 CNY, nw busy shopping for the barang barang. :unsure:

Next time can go to ur hse see see look look, at least got chance to look at GPlan design.

Diva 79's hse reno even went to Straits Times, hopefully u will be the next. :sport-smiley-003:

oic, i thought we had met before. ;)

Yes, we moved in last month b4 CNY, nw busy shopping for the barang barang. :D

Next time can go to ur hse see see look look, at least got chance to look at GPlan design.

Diva 79's hse reno even went to Straits Times, hopefully u will be the next. :sport-smiley-003:

oic...sure...when there are more things to see, you can come and see see... :)

Yeah...her house is nice man...hope mine can be the same...but my id is not the famous kelvin though...hope can have the same effect... :P

We did go to Dave for quotation before... :unsure:

He was one of my shortlisted id...but considering many other factors....we chose GPlan eventually...

oic...sure...when there are more things to see, you can come and see see... :P

Yeah...her house is nice man...hope mine can be the same...but my id is not the famous kelvin though...hope can have the same effect... ;)

We did go to Dave for quotation before... :D

He was one of my shortlisted id...but considering many other factors....we chose GPlan eventually...

Can share ur factor for nt choosing Dave, :unsure: then i can relay to him in exchange for some free gift. :sport-smiley-003:

Did u paid for the calibration, cos I had to pay $300.00 for my calibration and installation.

Cantona7,

For mine, calibration and installation is FOC. I bought the receiver and speakers package from Best Denki. So i asked about whether there is anyone who will calibrate for us. The sales person says he dun mind helping us do the calibration for free...heehee...

What model did you buy? Maybe yours is the high end one which need careful calibration.