Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jigsaw

Lighting at bottom of kitchen cabinet

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Are you thinking of engaging someone to do or want to DIY?

I check with one contractor before, the driver for the led strips alone cost hundreds and i still can't figure out why is it so expensive.

It's more for aesthetic purpose only, does not serve any practical purpose.

If cost is an issue, then ask contractor to use normal lighting. IKEA also sell a light that can be use for this purpose and can DIY but need to provide a power supply below (somewhere) your cabinets.

can go and research on some sites that provides price comparison tool, usually they will provide the price together with the installation guy, but better to compare the prices first la, and if can DIY, why not? :) 

The 3 common LED lights for kitcehn wal cabinet are [A] led long ( cut to desired length ) strip light, round cased light  [C] LEd tube light with in-built led driver 

Option [ A ] is mostly placed at the rear , underside of the owall cabinet , against the wall

Optrion is normally at the center, underside of the wall cabinet

Option [ C ] is normall placed at the front , underside of the wall cabinet , but requires a  wood pelmet strip in front conceal the slight bulky tube light

Yes, all requires power souce. Thouse without in- built LED driver are normally placed in the false ceiling of the top of the wall cabinet ( assuming the power source is around that area.

Vist my Artbuilt Blog  @  http://artbuilt.blogspot.sg/