Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On 8 September 2016 at 11:19 PM, Changbp said:

I think I have similar sized kitchen as yours. Apart from the kitchen the others looks big compared to mine.

How many sq meters is your 3 rm?

You can consider remove the walls of the service yard to extend the kitchen space thru. This was something that I didn't do but sort of regretted now as severely lack counter space. I have to "line dry", hang my wok and frying pans on my clothes rack after washing.

Your floor plan looks like a good candidate for open kitchen concept. A lot of fellow RT members do that and looks very nice.

My flat is 67sqm sorry for missing out your post! I am still considering if i shld hack the walls since it'd be good to keep my laundry area away from cooking? Scared everything oily leh hahaha

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

i always remove clothes when I cook. I don't think oil will reach the laundry area which is quite far as long as your hood is well maintained. Change the carbon filters half yearly and deoil the steel mesh often.

On 10 October 2016 at 1:16 AM, bambeeboom said:

Thank you all so much for the useful inputs! 

It has been a hectic month for me as I was overseas most of the time and had to squeeze time out for contractor/ID sourcing. Almost wanted to give up and just get the next person who replies my email hahahaha but thank god I had the privilege of getting a sincere contractor who don't mind helping me out with so many things. 

What i was pretty impressed was that he has been very prompt in replying my emails, able to give me what I want, even tho some of the stuff I didnt tell him, I have no idea how he read my mind honestly speaking. So I'm gonna meet him this upcoming week on site to discuss further and hopefully able to seal the deal and start cracking. 

Meanwhile, I have already started carting some stuff from Taobao and just settled my bed (very important item imo hahahhaa). 

Sneak peek!

Will continue to update!!! 

Till then, thank you for reading hehehehe

image.jpeg

Looks comfortable! Are you getting the whole platform (as shown in photo)?

If given a choice again I would also hack the wall between SY and Kitchen.

I, oddly, have ample counter space and cook every day, but the SY door is a crutch to me because it takes up space and clunky. 

If I could I would do a U-shape kitchen counter design with my entire kitchen and SY, then install my WM under one of those counters, with the back counters being for cleaning supplies and ironing. 

Pros of keeping the wall - mess behind SY can't be seen.

On 13 October 2016 at 0:49 AM, trcd said:

Looks comfortable! Are you getting the whole platform (as shown in photo)?

Yes its very comfortable! Used in most local hotels haha. Yes im getting the whole platform, cheaper compared to getting contractor to do up a platform :)

On 13 October 2016 at 11:31 AM, bykaraanne said:

If given a choice again I would also hack the wall between SY and Kitchen.

I, oddly, have ample counter space and cook every day, but the SY door is a crutch to me because it takes up space and clunky. 

If I could I would do a U-shape kitchen counter design with my entire kitchen and SY, then install my WM under one of those counters, with the back counters being for cleaning supplies and ironing. 

Pros of keeping the wall - mess behind SY can't be seen.

Thats my dillema as well. Cos my kitchen is rly small. 

On 19 October 2016 at 1:50 AM, bambeeboom said:

Yes its very comfortable! Used in most local hotels haha. Yes im getting the whole platform, cheaper compared to getting contractor to do up a platform :)

I like the blue! Have you bought more stuff lately? Do share!

Hi guys. Its been almost a year and im glad to say. Finally renovation works are ongoing. Been some delays due to bank loan issues and looking bad, it was not an easy journey man. 

Anw i stumbled across a few IDs and eventually, after not working out with that few, I have finally settled with a lady whom I am comfortable working with. 

Problems with previous IDs:

1) Stretch my budget by at least 50% of what I originally have in mind 

2) Include a lot of unnecessary stuff that I do not want

3) Hidden items in quotes and act blur after I point them out

4) Everything tell me cannot be done, must be done his/her way or customize (leading to more costs)

5) Own ideas and do not bother listening to what I want

The list goes on but finally I met the right one who could give me ideas adding on to what I have in mind, keep within my budget range and guide me through the whole process without being pushy (imagine it took me 6 months to get a loan after i paid the deposit to get the 3D drawings done and she patiently waited and always ready to get started). Very young lady with her own ID company but garang. 

Following are the 3D for my humble little nest. 

Kitchen is super small so just gotta make use of whatever space I have to the maximum and forgo a built in Microwave that i have always wanted hahaha. 

My room I opted for pole system wardrobe hoping that it will make my room look more spacious :) 

IMG_3547.JPG

IMG_3548.JPG

IMG_3549.JPG

Finally gotten my hob & hood from Tecno at a good deal today. 

Hood is slim line with touch buttons and double motors. 

Hood is 3 burner with tempered glass and has different colors surfaces to choose from plus lifetime warranty on the glass!

IMG_3615.JPG

IMG_3616.JPG

IMG_3617.JPG

3 hours ago, hoWL said:

What was the deal? How much?

Gotten them at $680. Outside should be minimumly $720 +- and places I have been to are selling brandless hobs n hoods combi at abt $600 as well so imo I guess this is pretty good deal :)

Edited by bambeeboom

Nice 3D drawings there.

If your house is low floor or near the road and etc, I will suggest you don do open concept for your wardrobe as it will gather dust easily.

Just my 2 cents worth