Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Marcus Tan

Is it crazy to book an ID when your bto is only due on 2020

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 7/30/2016 at 10:20 PM, angelinee90 said:

Judging from nowadays there's a lot cases where ID firm shutdown all of sudden, suggest 4-6 months before the key collection then you can start sorting out ID

actually i have already booked an ID and was wondering if anyone have done it like that. also the company had the case trust-rcma ( https://www.casetrust.org.sg/accredi...tail.aspx?id=4 ) so if the company close down, i would still get my money back.

Edited by Marcus Tan

2 hours ago, nerrad said:

it's too early. 

I know its too early but it will save on inflation prices if u book now then 3 years later which will raise ard 5 - 8k. 

Kim Seng reviewed *** Interiors Singapore  5 star

Being first time house owners, we were naturally excited and started sourcing for potential IDs way before there were any news on key collection. We came across *** at one of the expo fairs and met Roger. He was one of the few who responded and followed up with quotations despite knowing that our house might only be ready in 2 years time. Without our commitment to sign up with him for our reno, he took us to his completed projects on our request so that we can have a sensing of the workmanship and his designs. Sensing his sincerity, we decided to sign up with him.

During these 2 years, he takes time to understand our budget, the type of design that we wanted and comes up with design ideas. He listens to what we need, want and provides advice. He does not force his ideas on us and give us space to make the final decision. He also keeps strictly to the budget given to him. He was also very accommodative to our schedule.

Our reno happened slightly the cny period. He managed our expectations for the reno completion date and tries his best to complete minor areas so once cny is over, the reno can proceed immediately. He comes down to check on the process and keeps us updated with photos. There was once he met at my home late at night to go through the laminates selection before the carpentry went up. Most importantly, the workmanship was good and he ensures that all areas that we are dissatisfied with are rectified.

Overall we are satisfied with his work, the after service rendered and the workmanship. If u r looking for a designer who is responsible, patient and listens to your needs, we recommend that you approach Roger.

On 8/16/2016 at 2:47 PM, jasonjason said:
Kim Seng reviewed *** Interiors Singapore  5 star

Being first time house owners, we were naturally excited and started sourcing for potential IDs way before there were any news on key collection. We came across *** at one of the expo fairs and met Roger. He was one of the few who responded and followed up with quotations despite knowing that our house might only be ready in 2 years time. Without our commitment to sign up with him for our reno, he took us to his completed projects on our request so that we can have a sensing of the workmanship and his designs. Sensing his sincerity, we decided to sign up with him.

During these 2 years, he takes time to understand our budget, the type of design that we wanted and comes up with design ideas. He listens to what we need, want and provides advice. He does not force his ideas on us and give us space to make the final decision. He also keeps strictly to the budget given to him. He was also very accommodative to our schedule.

Our reno happened slightly the cny period. He managed our expectations for the reno completion date and tries his best to complete minor areas so once cny is over, the reno can proceed immediately. He comes down to check on the process and keeps us updated with photos. There was once he met at my home late at night to go through the laminates selection before the carpentry went up. Most importantly, the workmanship was good and he ensures that all areas that we are dissatisfied with are rectified.

Overall we are satisfied with his work, the after service rendered and the workmanship. If u r looking for a designer who is responsible, patient and listens to your needs, we recommend that you approach Roger.

thanks, i just wanted to know if anyone have done the same way as i did.

On 8/4/2016 at 8:14 PM, Calebcaleb said:

Typically I would say that IDs may not want to take up the job upon hearing that yours will be due only 2020

thats what i thought also but one ID surprise me and ended up i sign the package on that day.

On 8/31/2016 at 10:31 AM, Marcus Tan said:

thats what i thought also but one ID surprise me and ended up i sign the package on that day.

Crossing our fingers real real tight. big or small firms, theres no telling who will suddenly close, given what has happened to California fitness(this year), & Five stars tour(last year)

13 hours ago, yourliverisBLACK3310 said:

Personally I feel that is too early... 1 year max still sounds okie... but 4 years :(

the feeling of waiting for 4 years is quite dreadful but if there is a savings and nothing to lose. why not?

On 9/2/2016 at 0:27 PM, melt88 said:

Crossing our fingers real real tight. big or small firms, theres no telling who will suddenly close, given what has happened to California fitness(this year), & Five stars tour(last year)

but the good thing is that there is the case trust-rcma, which is boned with an insurance company(mine is boned to AIA). so even if the company close down i will still get my deposit back.

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 9:43 AM, Marcus Tan said:

the feeling of waiting for 4 years is quite dreadful but if there is a savings and nothing to lose. why not?

but the good thing is that there is the case trust-rcma, which is boned with an insurance company(mine is boned to AIA). so even if the company close down i will still get my deposit back.

What's puzzling is if you are so certain there is nothing to lose, why post the thread to ask if it is "crazy" to book 4 years ahead??