Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kil101

Toilet Flooring Rectification

Hi all,

My tiles started to suck air and water four years after my renovation (The warranty promised was 5 years). Problem was highlighted in February this year and finally, the ID company started to rectify it last Friday.

Initially when their sub con came to inspect my unit in Jun, he mentioned that the entire toilet flooring need to be changed. However, when they started work last Friday, it became only to do the dry area, wet area not affected. The company explained to me that only the "dry area" is affected. Since the there is a kerb between the "dry area" and the shower area, the shower area is not affected. 

However, it seems to be that be it dry area or wet area, it is still a similar layer of tiles. If there is water seepage into the tiles, doesn't it affect the other tiles as well. Similar, the hacking of one side of the tiles might also compromise the quality of the adjacent tiles. There are currently around 4-5 tiles on the shower area which is 25-75% hollow.

Below are my questions

1) Should the entire toilet flooring be changed?

2) How extensive should the renovation be (only the tiles and cement below are removed. Is there a need to do water proofing?)

3) If my ID firm is adamant that they are only changing the dry area tiles, what are the avenues I can seek?

I am not a pro when it comes to renovation. Hopefully someone can shed some light here for me.

I have attached some pictures of the flooring for your reference.

Cheers

Kil

13691035_10154355175892290_8607229842725164117_o.jpg

13717229_10154355175887290_3798526902692730004_o.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 10/08/2016 at 2:41 PM, kil101 said:

But I thought it will be fine

Contractors do this to save cement and time but will cause problems in the long run

• Like 1