Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bunnyrabbit88

Probably the most REGRETABLE decision

4 hours ago, Edger03 said:

Hi do you mind pm me the company of your ID. I am sorry to hear that. Soon I may be in the same plight as you, as my iD had asked for 2nd payment even before the commencement of the work. :(

Better not give the 2nd payment. Insist to have the work done before any additional payment! Pm-d you.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 6 August 2016 at 0:50 PM, reno17bto said:

Hi bunnyrabbit88, I'm sorry to hear of your plight. I'm the in the process of shortlisting IDs or contractors. would you mind PM me your contractor and carpenter details? I will like to check in with your carpenters. thank you.

Hi,

Have sent you a pm with the carpentry contact. They are good!

Hi do you mind pm me the company of your ID. I am sorry to hear that. Soon I may be in the same plight as you, as my iD had asked for 2nd payment even before the commencement of the work. :(

Hi bunnyrabbit88, I'm sorry to hear of your plight. I'm the in the process of shortlisting IDs or contractors. would you mind PM me your contractor and carpenter details? I will like to check in with your carpenters. thank you.

By the way, anyone able to advise me how can we know if the cement they use are HDB approved? I heard from some people that HDB approved cement will never have problem like this (E.g. cracking, shattering). Anyone about to enlighten me pls?

On 5 August 2016 at 0:02 AM, yourliverisBLACK3310 said:

Hi Bunny,

So sad for your encounter. But i think in future dont go fr budget contractor. My experience tell me that the cheapest is not always the good one. They dont really have the standard and no heart to run the site coordination as they dont earn much but they just want to sign contract with home owner. I heard from few ID before which i think is quite true..... 

We went for the cheaper one basically because we've done all the designing and all the site planning ourselves. Its only about the contractors and site coordination which we do not have time for. Of course, we shortlist based not just no price but also no the ID's experience and how they present themselves to show if they really know how to do the job. I guess it really depends on our luck whether or not we found a good one. I've heard costly ID's also have many issues from other home-owners. 

On 4 August 2016 at 10:42 PM, bunnybluey said:

I can understand your frustration as I have my fair share of dissatisfaction with my ID & we had arguments with him as well. The works by some of his contractors were also half past six, resulting in few rounds of rectifications, still on-going as of now. Fortunately, the ID is still considered responsible enough to keep to the schedule & we were able to move back in time. 

I do understand why sometimes we don't want to publicly share the company/ID name, especially the reno isn't completed yet or negotiation is still on-going.

For those contractors/companies that had already completed their works, I would write about them on my blog to share my review, so far mostly are good ones as the not so good ones still giving us headache, haha... I had pmed several people in this forum about my recommendations & non recommendations but that is people who asked me for it, like you I also have a long post on my non recommendation when I pmed them, haha...

Hope you get your issues resolved soon. Jiayou & hang in there!

The renovation is completed. Negotiation doesn't seems to work with such person, really frustrating especially the flooring. Sigh...

Hi Bunny,

So sad for your encounter. But i think in future dont go fr budget contractor. My experience tell me that the cheapest is not always the good one. They dont really have the standard and no heart to run the site coordination as they dont earn much but they just want to sign contract with home owner. I heard from few ID before which i think is quite true..... 

I can understand your frustration as I have my fair share of dissatisfaction with my ID & we had arguments with him as well. The works by some of his contractors were also half past six, resulting in few rounds of rectifications, still on-going as of now. Fortunately, the ID is still considered responsible enough to keep to the schedule & we were able to move back in time. 

I do understand why sometimes we don't want to publicly share the company/ID name, especially the reno isn't completed yet or negotiation is still on-going.

For those contractors/companies that had already completed their works, I would write about them on my blog to share my review, so far mostly are good ones as the not so good ones still giving us headache, haha... I had pmed several people in this forum about my recommendations & non recommendations but that is people who asked me for it, like you I also have a long post on my non recommendation when I pmed them, haha...

Hope you get your issues resolved soon. Jiayou & hang in there!

I saved all the whatsapp conversation, photos of defects and all the things necessary. I am still considering if I should take legal action against such person. On the other hand, I need to consider all the inconvenience it is going to cost us if we decided to accept their compensation. Where should we be staying etc. My children needs to go to school and I also need to work. We have young and old at home. It is not as easy as it seems. Heres a photo of the cement screed after less than a month. It started with cracks and it shattered to small pieces. This is only one part of the house. I had screed my whole house. Sigh... Just my luck to met such people. I had just done my flooring by overlaying with Vinyl. I can still feel the gaps and uneven flooring. Legally, I reserves the right to commence legal proceedings within a year. 

20160729_111244_HDR.jpg

6 hours ago, nerrad said:

Seriously's what's the point of getting everyone to PM you for the name. Just announce the name if these are facts.

This is a post mainly to express my frustration. Maybe you don't know the power of internet. It is not very nice if you announce it opening and people start harrassing you and your family. In fact, I have seen a few post on this forum which he pretend to be home owner and advertise for his company. 

6 hours ago, fustrat3rios said:

Report to HDB if they are HDB licensed. They may be punished by demerit points. Complain to Radac too.

Not able to complain to HDB cause they seems to use another company to get the HDB license.