We bought a new house which is unfurnished an we need to buy the following:

• Light fixtures
  • Tiles 
  • Dining table
  • Couch
  • Wooden cabinets
  • Bed frame
  • Mattresses

Although budget is important, we are looking for good quality.

Is it significantly cheaper to get these sent from Malaysia or Thailand (Chiang Mai)? What is the experience people have had with getting furnishing from other places? How much do you save? 

Thank you.

Edited by serendipiteez

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Tiles, bed frames and mattresses better to get them from Singapore because if there are any problems, you can at least go back to the store and get a replacement/refund.

For the rest, I got mine from Taobao.com. There are some buying agents such as Ezbuy.sg that allow you to save a lot of money even if you cannot speak Chinese.

Maybe this article will help http://lemonconcepts.com/blog/2016/07/26/this-house-had-a-renovation-that-costs-so-little-and-yet-magazines-think-they-spend-over-100000-on-it-heres-the-secret/

me too, i've been closely following lots of reno blogs and most of their furnitures were from taobao, i read one in particular that after 3 yrs, stuff are already starting to fail but nonetheless, 3 yrs already long enough to save $$$$$$$$

For bulky item like furniture, altough the listed item price is cheaper,  the other factors like logistic cost, lead time, warranty ( international ?) is an issue.  The colour shown in the photo might not turn out to be intended.

Different units have different height, corners, pillars  & beams. For layman without experience in doing measurement , the arrived products might not fit. Defective, damged or missing parts will have a long waiting time or fall on deaf ears ( you can't bang table if they dont have any branches in Singapore )

Vist my Artbuilt Blog  @  http://artbuilt.blogspot.sg/