Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

15 hours ago, BenTan said:

Hi 

may I have the contact for E please?

15 hours ago, brekkie said:

Hello, will you be able to share contractor E's contacts? Thanks!

Hi guys, PMed you! 

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 8/23/2016 at 11:51 PM, stray said:

Your mum has a valid point! With my current rental, I've not noticed any sludge-like, gooey discharge, but possibly because the flat is pretty new, around 6 years old and owner has it serviced annually. Maybe an annual maintenance and cleaning session might help! And.... if that really happens, could you just get a plumber to come extend the pipe to its current state? That might be a decade down the road ha :D  

Yeap, read online that it's possible to have such jelly discharge but if proper cleaning is done for the piping it shouldn't happen. So yes servicing is likely the key! But I've not heard of any of my family or friends doing it for their aircon though. Service cleaning of the filter yes, but not chemical cleaning for the pipes. 

Do you know what the aircon servicing at your rental covers (i.e. which part of the aircon is actually cleaned?) haha

17 hours ago, ricepapergirl said:

Omg. I don't think the discharge is SUPPOSED to have jelly-like substance or algae-ish liquid coming out!! Do you think there's actually something wrong with their pipes??? O_O. As far as I know the discharge is supposed to be condensation from the aircon which is water. If there's anything else coming out something needs to be done? O_O

Gross right! I was imagining our aircon having the same discharge with the jelly stuff all over our shower floor, drying up slowly :jawdrop:

According to Google (our best information source!!) the aircon drainage piping can have algae or even mold growing inside due to constant moisture. This can lead to the jelly substances and even clogging! Which means our mum's aircon is overdue for servicing and some proper cleaning !!

It's gonna be hard to convince the parents to have servicing done though. They likely want to wait till it's spoilt before fixing #auntymindset

15 hours ago, kingandbin said:

Yeap, read online that it's possible to have such jelly discharge but if proper cleaning is done for the piping it shouldn't happen. So yes servicing is likely the key! But I've not heard of any of my family or friends doing it for their aircon though. Service cleaning of the filter yes, but not chemical cleaning for the pipes. 

Do you know what the aircon servicing at your rental covers (i.e. which part of the aircon is actually cleaned?) haha

@kingandbin Dug out the invoice for you! It's this company called BCS Aircon Engineering. Found their website BCS Aircon which seems they have relocated to Ubi, but their invoice says Hougang, so not sure whether it's the same company. Anyhow, charge to service 4 units was $72 in 2015, seems lower than their listed prices. From what I observed - wasn't paying too much attention - they will remove and wash the filters, and then blast the air-con to make sure the fans are going strong and cold.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2016 at 0:54 AM, stray said:

@kingandbin Dug out the invoice for you! It's this company called BCS Aircon Engineering. Found their website BCS Aircon which seems they have relocated to Ubi, but their invoice says Hougang, so not sure whether it's the same company. Anyhow, charge to service 4 units was $72 in 2015, seems lower than their listed prices. From what I observed - wasn't paying too much attention - they will remove and wash the filters, and then blast the air-con to make sure the fans are going strong and cold.

Ooh thanks! Sounds pretty cheap.. Will keep the company name in mind. Anyway the issue with weird stuff coming out is from their previous home which is an old landed property. Maybe that's why? Hdb should be alot better so perhaps filter cleaning is good enough :)

9 hours ago, kingandbin said:

Ooh thanks! Sounds pretty cheap.. Will keep the company name in mind. Anyway the issue with weird stuff coming out is from their previous home which is an old landed property. Maybe that's why? Hdb should be alot better so perhaps filter cleaning is good enough :)

So I was doing my intense research pitting ME starmex against MHI, and I chanced upon this thread

The guy says:

... the discharge pipe after leaving the blower unit must have a drop in height before running horizontal. the larger the drop the better. but this also depends on the layout of the house. if you have the pipe only running horizontal with a slight angle, for sure you will get "jelly and scum" in the pipes before long. if you have no choice but to run it horizontal immediately after leaving the blower, then try to keep it as short as possible, then have a drop or try to raise the height of the blower.

Maybe this is the cause! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, renonoobmax said:

Hi KingandBin,

Could I get contractor E's contact as well? Thank you very much!

Also, my flat is also located in SK, near the hospital :)

Hi @renonoobmax! Sure, PMed you his contacts.

Ours is right beside the hospital as well! Anchorvale Isles. Are you our neighbour?? 
:sport-smiley-018:

3 hours ago, skinnylemur said:

Hi KingandBin,

Love the bathroom floor tile-- is it a wood-look tile?

Also could you share your contractor's contact and quotation please?

Thanks! x

Thanks @skinnylemur! Yup, they are wood-look tiles from Hafary. We're hoping it looks as good even without the layer of dust on it. Hehe.

Have PMed you his contact number. :)

Edited by kingandbin

Stuff from our Taobao Order 1 arrived last week!

Will do a proper review of the items unboxed at a later date. In the meantime, here's all the stuff received! :)

IMG_20160826_220324-01_zpsqoworiik.JPEG

Been slowly lugging these parcels to our new place during the past couple of days  :sport-smiley-003:  The rainshower (large white package at the back) and lighting tracks (long cupboard box) have yet to be opened and inspected but we trust that they are in good condition.

We also visited IKEA on Monday evening to spend some vouchers gotten from the Ikea Crayfish party! The vouchers will be expiring so.. any excuse is a good reason to shop at Ikea :wub:  Stuff we got along with new drawer doors for a Besta tv unit we are sprucing up:

(1) Small TV Unit - To be used as entryway bench

lack-tv-bench-white__0193990_PE350211_S4

(2) Paper Pendant Lampshades + Lightbulbs

regolit-pendant-lamp-shade-white__63004_

(3) Bamboo Cutlery Tray - Kitchen drawers will be customized to fit them perfectly

variera-flatware-tray__0164021_PE319126_

The renovation has come to a standstill for now as Contractor E is waiting for our Hood, Hob, Sink, Oven purchases before beginning carpentry works for the kitchen to ensure that the dimensions are accurate. Problem is.... we have yet to order any of these required items! *Dun dun dunnnn*

Really need to start hunting down model numbers and start asking for quotes already  8|

Edited by kingandbin