Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi may I have your contractors contact? My house would be ready soon. I qould like to get quotations from them. May I know contractor E, K, N and J&E numbers? I am a newbie to reno t blog though i have been reading about home owners ideas and reno. Please pm me their details yea. 10q

On 9/7/2016 at 3:58 PM, Borntofly said:

Hello!

i will like to hve E's contact too:) thank you:)

On 9/7/2016 at 10:27 PM, Muhammad Ishaq said:

Hi may I have your contractors contact? My house would be ready soon. I qould like to get quotations from them. May I know contractor E, K, N and J&E numbers? I am a newbie to reno t blog though i have been reading about home owners ideas and reno. Please pm me their details yea. 10q

On 9/9/2016 at 7:39 PM, blue8179 said:

Hi kingandbin,

May I have the contact of your contractor? Thank you

Hi there, have PM-ed all of you! Enjoy the long weekend!

@Borntofly @Muhammad Ishaq @blue8179

Edited by kingandbin

15 hours ago, blackainmamba said:

Love your herringbone tiles!! Simply droolworthy... :D

Hehe ty! We love that wall as well. Crossing our fingers that it will still look good with all the shower accessories attached to it :P

Anything herringbone is pretty much *heart eyes*, just like the amazing herringbone flooring in your kitchen too! So.Gorgeous.!

Edited by kingandbin

TAOBAO ORDER 3

While we take our time to compare prices and quotations for our kitchen appliances, another taobao order was made via Ezbuy's Prime! Rushed to place the order before midnight as our 1-month Prime trial will only last till then. Not everything can be shipped via this method so we still have more items left on our to-buy list, such as hanging mirrors, table lamps, more pillow cases, etc which will be reserved for tb order 4 via another agent. With taobao, the buying list is never-ending :yeah:

There are also some larger ticket items like computer chairs, muji inspired recliner chair, 2m sofa bed (that we are still considering whether to purchase) which are nice to have but not considered urgent so we will be waiting for Taobao's 1111 Sale to see if they will be on discount then!

Soooo, what we got today:

(1) Rose gold clock - King doesn't understand why the house needs more than one clock. But this is cheap (SGD10 only)! And in a nice colour!! Bin couldn't resist. :lol:

TB2mh4ilFXXXXXpXpXXXXXXXXXX_238350855.jp

(2) Navy and white chevron cushion cover

TB2Yi7HdpXXXXcMXpXXXXXXXXXX_442518460.jp

(3) Blue and white cushion cover

TB2dXdOdFXXXXbvXpXXXXXXXXXX_442518460.jp

(3) Mint stool for the dressing table

TB2_zTGipXXXXXxXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!517174705.

(4) Chairs for the dining area. We bought white ones with plastic seats as MIL advised that fabric will be difficult to maintain/upkeep.

TB1vuxKIVXXXXclXXXXXXXXXXXX_0-item_pic_z

(5) Coloured stools

TB2lel0lVXXXXaPXpXXXXXXXXXX_2013885779_z

(6) Wooden clothes rack for MBR. Got the 70cm one~

TB2YZ3DgVXXXXclXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!764042893.

(7) Metal pull-out drawers for kitchen cabinet. The reason why our reno will probably be delayed further as Contractor E prefers to have all built-in kitchen stuff on site before commencing carpentry works to be 100% sure that everything fits perfectly. We really should bought this earlier (with the previous batch of items ordered !!) since it'll be shipped by sea which will take.... 1... 2... 3 weeks?? :bleah: Good thing neither we nor Contractor E are in a hurry~

TB2SRTogXXXXXa5XpXXXXXXXXXX_!!695268426.

(8) Pull out condiment rack for kitchen cabinet. Also a late purchase (see point 7) as we couldn't decide whether to get these initially. Such cabinet racks can be bought in Singapore (http://excelhw.com.sg/furniture-hardware/kitchen-basket/baskets.html) and IKEA (only the pull out drawer, not condiment rack) too. But the prices at Excel are x2 of TB's and IKEA's have a deeper depth. 

TB258rKlFXXXXXJXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!819866083.

(9) DIY pole wardrobe system. We'll be getting an ikea drawer chest to keep folded clothing items. Hoping that this pole system + the chest is enough to store all our clothes!

TB2XFquqXXXXXcrXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!2392794671

It has been a day of progression too as King finally started using Taobao!! And also upped his mandarin skills after he discovered the oddest items for sale on the site *side eyes*. While Bin was picking out items for the house and pondering about whether the wardrobe space will be enough, King was searching for boardgames and halloween costumes. From this you can clearly see where our interests lie and how we get along so marvelously haha. One is in charge of the fun stuff in the relationship while the other settles the practical stuff :dancingqueen:

Anyway, the remainder of the long weekend will be spent getting electronics items so our next post will probably be about that topic. Till then~

Edited by kingandbin

ELECTRONICS PURCHASES

Selamat Hari Raya Haji! We finally made our purchase for major electronics items today. Yay! King's mum has been particularly helpful throughout our reno so far, accompanying us during our second trip to Hafary, receiving pretty much all of the delivery orders so far and also helping to gather some quotations for the electronics. So so thankful for the help  :thumbs up:

After several trips to mega retailers such as Best Denki, Courts, Gain City and Harvey Norman over the past few weekends, months of collecting all the electronics fairs' brochures, online research and some help from the renotalk community (thanks guys!), we finally shortlisted the models that we wanted. After that, we compared prices between large retailers, online sources and also called up some neighbourhood electronics stores.

So much homework done! And boy are we glad that this part of the reno will be over pretty soon~ Currently still pending kitchen sink order, plus toilet bowl and sink for master bathroom. Hopefully they can be settled by this week!

(1) FRIDGE (R-WB550P2MS) - Hitachi 3-door french fridge in white, pic's one is in silver. We topped up extra to extend the warranty to 5 years.

fbf-front-gs-(2door)-std_lowres.jpg?sfvr

(2) HOOD (SLM-900R) - Fujioh slim hood

SLM6002.jpg

(3) HOB (PBD7321) - Bosch double burner glass hob. Bosch got the thumbs up from many here + after dismantling many brands' hobs, we found that Bosch seems to be the easiest to clean :) Plus, King's brother has the exact same hob and it has worked well so far.

PBD7231SG.jpg

(4) OVEN (HBN331E2) - Bosch built-in oven. An entry-level model is enough as we predict that we won't be turning it on too often. Bin's home has one and the circulating air function is pretty good. Only thing is we always forget how to set the timer properly :blink:

MCSA030169_HBN331E2_def.png

(5) STORAGE HEATER (JH25) - Jovan 25l horizontal storage heater.

Had some struggle on whether to get an instant heater, gas heater or storage heater. But ultimately we needed high water pressure for the rainshower and didn't wish to turn on the water for the extra 10-20sec (which we heard has to be done with a gas heater) before it feels warm. Plus, some have feedback that Joven's heater can store the hot water for about a day! King's home uses one too. So far so good. :good:

image-4634927-c85ad1585e9d29c8bc366cedec

(5) WASHING MACHINE - Samsung Eco Bubble Washer 7kg.

We scored this for cheap ($400) as King's colleague won it in a lucky draw. Soooo it's been sitting in our kitchen way before we started reno works. We have used it (in its box!) as a tabletop for when contractors came over to our house for initial discussions back when we were shortlisting contractors. Haha.

ae_wf702w2bcwq-sg_003_left-angle_white.p

No TV in the list above; not because we won't be having one in the house - Bin is a super couch potato!! - but cause we might be able to get one for free from a relative :notti: Having lobangs here and there helps in helping us keep to our budget so we are thankful for these little things since they do add up!

Our couch will also be from Bin's sister who recently decided to switch to having just 2 armchairs (so hipster lah) in their living room to save space. Plus it happens to fit our theme since her place was also done up scandi-style! :dancingqueen:

Edited by kingandbin