Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi Kingandbin! 
Thank you for sharing on your home reno progress! 
Would you mind sharing E's contact pls? 
Thank you and looking forward to more updates!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 9/21/2016 at 10:33 PM, Changbp said:

Thanks, I received your Pm. I was actually refering to the pull out wire basket and condiment rack.

but it's ok, I looked up the excel link you provided and compared with Ikea's utrusta wire basket. i think their price is pretty ok considering the quality looks better

From the pictures, Excel has 2 versions, I think the quality of excel slider mechanism(even the cheaper one) is somewhat Ikea utrusta could not match, thus the huge price difference. 

i should also mention your contractor definitely did the right thing to wait for your own purchase internal racks to arrive before they start as they need to measure physical item and build the cabinet carcass width to suit. 

My situation is different, carcass already done, trying to find else something else to suit. Dimensions is critical. Most likely it will have to be Ikea, since mine was customed to Ikea door fronts.

Thanks for the reassurance. I believe this shows that my contractor is more concerned in ensuring that everything is done nice and proper instead of rushing for completion. And for that we are thankful :thumbsup:  For your case, IKEA may be the most suited in terms of width. But rmb to check and ensure that the depth of the drawers can fit nicely as well! If all fails, IKEA still has their 100 day return policy to fall back on haha :jammin:

13 hours ago, Starrain said:

Hey thanks for your reply!!

I was just guessing it was him from the way you described him when u are sourcing for a contractor. 

Then when I went down his office chit chat and talk about the herringbone patterns then I remember your bathroom, so I asked him.

And yes, collecting keys soon!! :D

I see.. at least he is aware of this pattern already! Even after they completed our tiling works, he still called it "The Pattern That You Named Wall" lolol.

Will you be starting a t-blog for your home too?? :):)

11 hours ago, srkf16 said:

Hi Kingandbin! 
Thank you for sharing on your home reno progress! 
Would you mind sharing E's contact pls? 
Thank you and looking forward to more updates!

Hello @srkf16! Np, love to share as we have benefitted a lot from other reno blogs as well :lol:
Have sent you a PM~

On 9/13/2016 at 9:49 PM, kingandbin said:

@brightsun We ordered a total of 3 batches of stuff from taobao so far which is honestly too many to list all the links for. If there's something(s) in particular that you want the link for, just let us know which it is!  :)

Hey @brightsun, we have just updated all our taobao purchases with links from TB. Do check through for the links and hope you find what you're looking for!

Edited by kingandbin

On 9/24/2016 at 0:09 AM, kingandbin said:

I see.. at least he is aware of this pattern already! Even after they completed our tiling works, he still called it "The Pattern That You Named Wall" lolol.

Will you be starting a t-blog for your home too?? :):)

Just guessing it was him from the way you described him when u are sourcing for a contractor. 

Then when I went down his office chit chat and talk about the herringbone patterns then I remember your bathroom, so I asked him.

Ya he knew. I also told him about shaker style a few months back, then after that I visit again, he ask me what is shaker style. Very funny.

Most likely I will have a t-blog too. Coz like u said, we have benefited a lot from other blogs here. :D

3 hours ago, bykaraanne said:

How much does E quote for shaker style cabinets? He dissuaded me from them but I see y'all still doing I very sad and jelly :( hahaha

Haha. Don't jelly jelly. Your house is gorgeous and easier to clean ma~~  At first he also dissuaded us the idea because of the ABS trimming issue and think he is a bit confuse with Shaker style and those Victorian kind, which cannot be laminated according to him.

Later we point to him the difference and he also found a way to solve the trimming issue. It's about 30% more on top of the carpentry cost.

39 minutes ago, Starrain said:

Haha. Don't jelly jelly. Your house is gorgeous and easier to clean ma~~  At first he also dissuaded us the idea because of the ABS trimming issue and think he is a bit confuse with Shaker style and those Victorian kind, which cannot be laminated according to him.

Later we point to him the difference and he also found a way to solve the trimming issue. It's about 30% more on top of the carpentry cost.

Wah **** sad. Why he boh help me. I recommend so many people to him he also bo help me :( 

excited to see ur houses... hai. 

Hello! Can you update again when you receive the colorful stools? I really like them but am worried about quality! :o

8 hours ago, Starrain said:

Just guessing it was him from the way you described him when u are sourcing for a contractor. 

Ya he knew. I also told him about shaker style a few months back, then after that I visit again, he ask me what is shaker style. Very funny.

Most likely I will have a t-blog too. Coz like u said, we have benefited a lot from other blogs here. :D

Wah your place already sounds like it'll turn out nice! Herringbone patterns, shaker style cabinets.. Looking forward to see how things go for you too ;)

And speaking of cabinets, you're making me jelly too as i didn't even consider shaker style knowing it'd cost more! So tempting! Time to go and recalculate our budget since we saved a fair bit from taobao hmmhm.. 

3 hours ago, bykaraanne said:

Wah **** sad. Why he boh help me. I recommend so many people to him he also bo help me :( 

excited to see ur houses... hai. 

Aiyoo @bykaraanne don't sad k, your home (and kitchen!) is already so so gorgeous. I'm still a little sad that it wasn't your place which E brought us to see see for workmanship haha. He def still keeps you close to his heart (lol). Heard him mention you a few times before already! 

Oh and do you still recall what shade of white your laminates are, or how you picked that particular shade of white? The husband is of no help where it comes to colours and I'm going mad trying to decide if the cabinets will turn out too white or yellowish in contrast to our subway backsplash. Not sure if there really isn't the perfect shade of white out there or if I'm just picky zzz :ph34r:

Edited by kingandbin

3 hours ago, rae said:

Hello! Can you update again when you receive the colorful stools? I really like them but am worried about quality! :o

Hihi @rae! Where did your cute rainbow display pic go? Haha.

The coloured stools are supposed to be delivered later today! But we won't be about to vouch for the quality till they are assembled which might be quite sometime later. What part of the quality are you worried bout? I.e. Wooden grains, splinters, paint/colour, how stable it is? Maybe I can check on that for you first :)

19 minutes ago, kingandbin said:

Hihi @rae! Where did your cute rainbow display pic go? Haha.

The coloured stools are supposed to be delivered later today! But we won't be about to vouch for the quality till they are assembled which might be quite sometime later. What part of the quality are you worried bout? I.e. Wooden grains, splinters, paint/colour, how stable it is? Maybe I can check on that for you first :)

hello! swapped it to something more in line with my house theme :D

mostly worried about splinters and stability as i foresee my nieces and nephews climbing all over it @.@