Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On 9/27/2016 at 5:09 PM, bykaraanne said:

Is called bo bian. My husband not around, just me only. His work also cannot pick up phone one, so all I choose -.- 

anyway I just follow Pinterest one my entire kitchen! 

How is he proposing to do now? Won't lah, Edmund is quuuuuite steady. If he not confident I don't think he will propose you do. 

They got thicker ABS trimming for the extra ply of wood lor. The rest I don't know. I may not want to do shaker style in the end because it is tooooo popular now. haha. I like to go against things.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 28/09/2016 at 10:03 AM, kingandbin said:

Hmmhm maybe $30? We are not really looking to make a profit, just want to clear haha. PM me for more details! :yamseng:

Ok. Could we take a look at the sink over this weekend?

On 9/21/2016 at 10:33 PM, Changbp said:

Thanks, I received your Pm. I was actually refering to the pull out wire basket and condiment rack.

but it's ok, I looked up the excel link you provided and compared with Ikea's utrusta wire basket. i think their price is pretty ok considering the quality looks better

From the pictures, Excel has 2 versions, I think the quality of excel slider mechanism(even the cheaper one) is somewhat Ikea utrusta could not match, thus the huge price difference. 

i should also mention your contractor definitely did the right thing to wait for your own purchase internal racks to arrive before they start as they need to measure physical item and build the cabinet carcass width to suit. 

My situation is different, carcass already done, trying to find else something else to suit. Dimensions is critical. Most likely it will have to be Ikea, since mine was customed to Ikea door fronts.

@Changbp @kingandbin Kaypoh and chiming in since I'm looking for the same narrow pull-out condiments rack. Also found some at Shanghai Tong Lee if you are looking for more options!

Let you know again. By the way, where is your location? Or if possible, please PM with close-up pictures of pedestral sink and tap. Do you think we could change the tap since it is rusty? Thank you.

13 hours ago, Mannequin said:

Let you know again. By the way, where is your location? Or if possible, please PM with close-up pictures of pedestral sink and tap. Do you think we could change the tap since it is rusty? Thank you.

Hey Mannequin, have tried sending you a PM for the below information but it seems your inbox is full! 

Self pick up location is at Sengkang. We don't have any extra photos of the sink & tap as I've not been to our new place recently. But I'm pretty sure the tap can be changed, since we see people changing from HDB taps to their own taps all the time. Just not too sure if a plumber is needed or if it's a simple DIY job :sport-smiley-018:  

On 9/30/2016 at 2:23 PM, stray said:

@Changbp @kingandbin Kaypoh and chiming in since I'm looking for the same narrow pull-out condiments rack. Also found some at Shanghai Tong Lee if you are looking for more options!

Ooh another option! Just curious, what's the pricing for them like? Excel's prices are a little on the high side for me which is why we got them from TB instead!

1 hour ago, hellocupid said:

hello King and Bin! Love your house updates so far! Mind sharing your contractor E's contact please :) thanks heaps!

Hello! Ty and no prob, PMed you. :lol:

TAOBAO ORDER 3 (UNBOXED)

Updating a bit on some items we received from the third taobao order.. 

(1)  Rose Gold Clock - Rating: 4.5/5

Superbly cheap for a wall clock and very light (maybe because it's made of cardboard?). It looks true to photos from TB, just that it feels somewhat plasticky in person. :huh: You can't really tell from a distance though. Deducted 0.5 marks as there is slight unevenness on the colouring of some numbers. Worth purchasing if you are looking for smth cheap and don't mind that it's not super high quality. 

IMG_20160928_205608-01_zpsvwigurwf.jpeg

(2)  Cotton Cushion Covers - Rating: 5/5

Material is the coaser/thicker cotton and the colours look nice! Sewing quality is good as well. Planning on getting more from this seller  :sport-smiley-018:

IMG_20160928_210308-01_zpsguqrhsqw.jpeg

(3)  Cushioned Stool - Rating: 5/5

Colour is more green than mint and material of the cushion is slightly coarse. Assembly is easy - we fixed it up while watching Train to Busan at home (awesome show by the way!). Bin did most of the work while King helped to tighten the screws at the end to ensure it is sturdy. Seat is quite firm but very slightly lumpy looking. Overall will still recommend as it costs only $14! Very good value for money. :good:

IMG_20160928_225441-01_zps8ikbxjvm.jpeg

... Also, the metal pull-out drawers also arrived in good condition. Yay!

IMG_20160928_230016-01_zpsvtctibxb.jpeg

FINALLY

With all the needed kitchen appliances and other fixtures delivered, we are finally ready to discuss the finer details of carpentry with Contractor E! Meanwhile, we've still got to decide on the ceiling fan for our living room. Did some research today but can't yet decide on one which comes without a light kit, looks nice and is economical. The search continues!

Another thing to discuss with Contractor E tomorrow would be the countertop for our floating shelf in the master toilet. As it will be susceptible to water splashes from using the sink, E had previously suggested using either glass top or kompacplus.

We're leaning towards using white coloured glass but worry that it might have a greenish tinge. Another option we'd like to consider is marble-look solid surface (or something similar) but he had dissuaded us from using solid surface for reasons I can't quite remember. Shall ask him again when we meet him!

Edited by kingandbin

4 hours ago, kingandbin said:

TAOBAO ORDER 3 (UNBOXED)

Updating a bit on some items we received from the third taobao order.. 

(1)  Rose Gold Clock - Rating: 4.5/5

Superbly cheap for a wall clock and very light (maybe because it's made of cardboard?). It looks true to photos from TB, just that it feels somewhat plasticky in person. :huh: You can't really tell from a distance though. Deducted 0.5 marks as there is slight unevenness on the colouring of some numbers. Worth purchasing if you are looking for smth cheap and don't mind that it's not super high quality. 

IMG_20160928_205608-01_zpsvwigurwf.jpeg

(2)  Cotton Cushion Covers - Rating: 5/5

Material is the coaser/thicker cotton and the colours look nice! Sewing quality is good as well. Planning on getting more from this seller  :sport-smiley-018:

IMG_20160928_210308-01_zpsguqrhsqw.jpeg

(3)  Cushioned Stool - Rating: 5/5

Colour is more green than mint and material of the cushion is slightly coarse. Assembly is easy - we fixed it up while watching Train to Busan at home (awesome show by the way!). Bin did most of the work while King helped to tighten the screws at the end to ensure it is sturdy. Seat is quite firm but very slightly lumpy looking. Overall will still recommend as it costs only $14! Very good value for money. :good:

IMG_20160928_225441-01_zps8ikbxjvm.jpeg

... Also, the metal pull-out drawers also arrived in good condition. Yay!

IMG_20160928_230016-01_zpsvtctibxb.jpeg

FINALLY

With all the needed kitchen appliances and other fixtures delivered, we are finally ready to discuss the finer details of carpentry with Contractor E! Meanwhile, we've still got to decide on the ceiling fan for our living room. Did some research today but can't yet decide on one which comes without a light kit, looks nice and is economical. The search continues!

Another thing to discuss with Contractor E tomorrow would be the countertop for our floating shelf in the master toilet. As it will be susceptible to water splashes from using the sink, E had previously suggested using either glass top or kompacplus.

We're leaning towards using white coloured glass but worry that it might have a greenish tinge. Another option we'd like to consider is marble-look solid surface (or something similar) but he had dissuaded us from using solid surface for reasons I can't quite remember. Shall ask him again when we meet him!

Very green one u go see our toilet that time!! I had to make him change it to black :(

On 11 August 2016 at 0:37 AM, kingandbin said:

TAOBAO ORDER 1

Purchased some items from TB yesterday night via Ezbuy's Prime which has $2.99 nett shipping, along with a free agent fee promo on mobile app. There's still quite a few items which couldn't fit into this shipment as not all the items we wanted to get were under Prime shipping. And some which could be shipped under Prime, had incorrect prices indicated so we didn't order them. We'll probably do another order soon through a different agent/forwarder!

It was auto split into 2 parcels; Express Air and Sea Shipping, and the entire cart came up to about SGD$450. Not cheap as we choose a more expensive type of track lights which were on promotion, but by the time the agent ordered the promo was over and we had to top up the difference! :o 

Will give a review of the items and entire shopping experience after receiving the items!

(1) Marble Contact Paper

TB2DP2HlVXXXXatXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!1756388313

(2) Cordless Track Lights (total 18pcs + 6pcs free)

TB21GLdqFXXXXb6XpXXXXXXXXXX_!!138006397.

(3) Lighting Tracks (x 4 pcs)

TB2f5YeqVXXXXbDXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!138006397.

(4) Flexible Tap for Kitchen Sink

TB2jJP4uXXXXXb0XXXXXXXXXXXX_!!408133748.

(5) Rainshower for Master Bathroom

TB2HvCRsFXXXXaHXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!1958039225

(6) Wooden Wall Clock

TB2vpY5ppXXXXbzXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!111833375.

(7) Ventilation Fan for Toilets (x 2 pcs)

TB23l9aoVXXXXbEXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!741615101.

Hi may I know how's the quality of the rain shower? Planning to get from this TB seller too. Thanks