Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
21 hours ago, Polkadots08 said:

Thank you Kingandbin!!

The Fanco you bought it at JB?

I only need one ceiling fan in my living room. So not sure which to buy also..

Np! The Fanco was purchased in SG. Tried checking, but it seems this model is only available locally and not Msia. I got it for only $129!

Can try narrowing down your options based on whether a light kit is needed, and you can also go down to shops to get a feel of how windy the fans are (but we didn't do this cause too busy). 

Living room is more impt to us so we got something better as opposed to the other rooms where we bought off taobao not knowing whether or not the fans were good. Haha. 

Hope this helps a little! 

36 minutes ago, kingandbin said:

Np! The Fanco was purchased in SG. Tried checking, but it seems this model is only available locally and not Msia. I got it for only $129!

That's cheap. Where did you get it from? tks

3 hours ago, kingandbin said:

Can try narrowing down your options based on whether a light kit is needed, and you can also go down to shops to get a feel of how windy the fans are (but we didn't do this cause too busy). 

Living room is more impt to us so we got something better as opposed to the other rooms where we bought off taobao not knowing whether or not the fans were good. Haha. 

Hope this helps a little! 

OMG! SGD129.00 thats cheap! Thank you for your prompt response!

Where did you bought it? 

TIA

On 11/17/2016 at 4:30 PM, niel85 said:

hello bin, can you share to me as well? :) congrats on your home! 

On 11/17/2016 at 2:45 PM, seal33 said:

Hi bin, can I have contractor e's contact as well ?

Thanks a lot

Hi you both! Have PMed you his contact details :lol:

On 11/17/2016 at 11:57 AM, Polkadots08 said:

OMG! SGD129.00 thats cheap! Thank you for your prompt response!

Where did you bought it? 

TIA

On 11/17/2016 at 9:17 AM, Stream said:

That's cheap. Where did you get it from? tks

I got the fan from Everjoint Electrical Trading at Ang Mo Kio, it's the Fanco FFM7000. For this price, it's without light kit and has no remote control.

Managed to source for a slightly lower price on Carousell but the seller didn't have ready stocks in the colour I want. You all can still hunt around for a better price I think! 

Edited by kingandbin

14 hours ago, kingandbin said:

Hi you both! Have PMed you his contact details :lol:

I got the fan from Everjoint Electrical Trading at Ang Mo Kio, it's the Fanco FFM7000. For this price, it's without light kit and has no remote control.

Managed to source for a slightly lower price on Carousell but the seller didn't have ready stocks in the colour I want. You all can still hunt around for a better price I think! 

wow! Thanks Kingandbin! Will start hunting and search now!

Hope i can also start T-blog soon!! :) 

On 11/18/2016 at 9:59 AM, Polkadots08 said:

wow! Thanks Kingandbin! Will start hunting and search now!

Hope i can also start T-blog soon!! :) 

Hehe let us know when you do! Have you got the keys to your place already? 

20 hours ago, pipsqueak said:

Wah $129 is indeed very cheap for SG! Paid $315 for my fanco 48 inch fan with light kit from Chan Huat and i think i got chopped haha. :\ 

Think mine is the lower end model, cheap cheap. Haha. Actually $300++ is worthwhile for a fan with light! Since bought already, just sit back and enjoy the breeze in your cozy home!  :sport-smiley-018: 

Similar case for my oven, after buying then I realized I've received lower quotes from other suppliers. Busy till become blur alr :unsure:

Edited by kingandbin

HAULAGE + COUNTER TOPS

Today we met up with 3 groups of people in the house. 1st was the plumbers who noted down locations of our fixtures, 2nd was the haulage guys, and 3rd was the glass-works people.

Our place turned from this...

IMG_20161119_155444-01_zpszdtsrg7o.jpeg

... to this! Finally got to see our floor tiles in its entirety and we love how it looks :wub:

IMG_20161119_184700-01_zpsubo3pqhz.jpeg

Glass door for kitchen entrance is installed too! The master toilet's shower screen got "abandoned" (they left it in the bathroom, propped against the wall) as the installers realized that measurements were off and it wouldn't fit. We got an external supplier to handle our glass works so we've got to arrange for them to return another day. But because the glass left behind is obstructing some walls in the toilet, our chemical wash and installation of accessories will be pushed back another week instead.

IMG_20161119_184052-01-01_zpsreudmjxo.jp

Kitchen's Kompacplus countertop in Boston Cherry. Featuring the large Monic sink which is a family favourite. My parents' and sister's homes both use it as well! Our contractor was shocked by the dimensions when we first told him about it. He said we can easily do home catering with a sink this size.. haha. :rolleyes:

IMG_20161117_204217-01_zps6pbuesyy.jpeg

And New York Teak for the bathroom vanity. Last minute decision to stick to Kompacplus instead of Quartz or solid surface.. Couldn't find a colour which perfectly matches the laminate so we chose this one to match the flooring instead. This sink is a monster too! Didn't realize this till it sat on the vanity and left only a small bit of the countertop visible :bleah:

IMG_20161117_204615-01_zpswpp637va.jpeg

Edited by kingandbin

I super love your kitchen sink! I went with double sinks at the end of the day for my home, but perhaps going with a 1 large one might have been the better choice!

Does your sink come with those convertable things where it can become a chopping board or drainer?

Hi kingandbin! I'm starting out on my renovation journey and your posts have been inspiring...love the look of your place!

Could you please PM me the list of contractors and their contacts from your list when you started out?

Thank you so much :)