Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On 11/19/2016 at 11:57 AM, kingandbin said:

Hehe let us know when you do! Have you got the keys to your place already? 

Keys date haven out yet but most likely Dec.

So now sourcing first and get ready!! :)

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 11/20/2016 at 0:25 PM, fi5hbone said:

I super love your kitchen sink! I went with double sinks at the end of the day for my home, but perhaps going with a 1 large one might have been the better choice!

Does your sink come with those convertable things where it can become a chopping board or drainer?

Hihi! I saw your t-blog, your double sink looks really functional too :D We like our single bowl large sink cause it can accommodate two people washing dishes together by side by side. Plus pots and pans of any size can fit!

Nope, it didn't come with such accessories (though I wish it had!). The only special item it came with is the sponge holder and huge strainer basket (can fit an apple or two) which makes clearing food bits really easy. Haha.

On 21/11/2016 at 6:36 PM, kingandbin said:

Hihi! I saw your t-blog, your double sink looks really functional too :D We like our single bowl large sink cause it can accommodate two people washing dishes together by side by side. Plus pots and pans of any size can fit!

Nope, it didn't come with such accessories (though I wish it had!). The only special item it came with is the sponge holder and huge strainer basket (can fit an apple or two) which makes clearing food bits really easy. Haha.

Yeah, that's the bane of my life too. And transferring the food bits to the bin is another problem. I have seen in Europe and the US that they have those blending thing at the bottom of the sink where it automatically minces up the food bits so it can be flushed down the drain!

On 11/24/2016 at 10:33 AM, fi5hbone said:

Yeah, that's the bane of my life too. And transferring the food bits to the bin is another problem. I have seen in Europe and the US that they have those blending thing at the bottom of the sink where it automatically minces up the food bits so it can be flushed down the drain!

Ooh that's so convenient! Never heard of such a thing before. After time the strainer always feels a little slimy even if we clear it after every meal. I hate clearing it out with my bare hands :unsure:

GLASS WORKS

Here to share a little about the progress of glassworks! We managed to source for a supplier for who offered their products + installation about 35-40% lower than what all the contractors quotes we received. Plus their reviews online looked fine so we decided to try them out.

Our kitchen glass door was fabricated and installed right on schedule (yay!) but the bathroom's shower screen has met with some challenges :unsure:

The first time they came down for installation, we found out that the size of the fixed panel they fabricated had an issue so they had to return again with a new piece for installation.

On their second visit (different pair of workers came), the workers found that the dimensions of the hole cut outs for the other piece has issues and so took it back for rectifications.

Now, we're waiting to confirm the third installation date 8| I'm beginning to wonder if the cost savings is worth all the trouble. Sigh pie. 

Anyway, here's our bathroom with the lone fixed panel:

IMG_20161126_151949-01_zpsjxnkxy9g.jpeg

And an extra pic of the walkway/living room flooring + bedroom flooring. Brown and grey! 

IMG_20161126_152236-01_zpsvxhlue21.jpeg

Chemical wash this week then we can finally start assembling some furniture pieces and arrange for our sofa to be moved in (by us - diy moving service hahah). Can't wait! 

Edited by kingandbin

1 hour ago, kingandbin said:

Here to share a little about the progress of glassworks! We managed to source for a supplier for who offered their products + installation about 35-40% lower than what all the contractors we contacted had quoted. Plus their reviews online looked fine so we decided to try them out.

Our glass door has been fabricated and installed right on schedule (yay!) but the bathroom's shower screen has met with some challenges :unsure:

The first time they came down for installation, we found out that the size of the fixed panel they fabricated had an issue so they had to return again with a new piece for installation.

On their second visit (different pair of workers came), the workers found that the dimensions of the hole cut outs for the other piece has issues and so took it back for rectifications.

Now, we're waiting to confirm the third installation date 8| I'm beginning to wonder if the cost savings is worth all the trouble. Sigh pie. 

Anyway, here's our bathroom with the lone fixed panel:

IMG_20161126_151949-01_zpsjxnkxy9g.jpeg

And an extra pic of the walkway/living room flooring + bedroom flooring. Brown and grey! 

IMG_20161126_152236-01_zpsvxhlue21.jpeg

Chemical wash this week then we can finally start assembling some furniture pieces and arrange for our sofa to be moved in (by us - diy moving service hahah). Can't wait! 

wow !  gray and brown flooring combo! nice! the fixed panel looks thin though? or issit only me?

6 hours ago, smermil said:

wow !  gray and brown flooring combo! nice! the fixed panel looks thin though? or issit only me?

Hehe thank you!! We like grey flooring but preferred something more cozy for the living area. So picked both for different areas! 

In person, the panel's thickness seems normal. Might look that way because the photo was taken from a distance :)

Edited by kingandbin