Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

13 hours ago, fye said:

@kingandbin - really like your new place. Is it ok to share your list of contractors with me pls...

2 hours ago, Jasmine Guo said:

Hi,

Able to share contractor E contact details and quotation? TIA

@fye Hello! Thank you :) Have sent you their contacts and details~
@Jasmine Guo Sure, PMed you.

1 hour ago, GreenHornet said:

Love the pendant lights. where did bought it? does it habe any other color?

I bought them off Taobao, during my second order on the site. Direct link to item is here: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=529708960537&toSite=main. It comes in other colours too and the quality is good  :good: Will recommend!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 12/5/2016 at 9:35 AM, Starrain said:

Sorry for confusion. By 'change' I mean change in my own head. lol. Because I think very hard and decided to get white instead of black initially. 

So bought only 2 pcs of the light to 'test'. Seeing it was so 'unwhite' :rofl:changed my mind and ordered the black ones, safer like that.

Thanks for sharing with me the link.  NOW, feels like getting white again. LOL :~

About the different account, I also don't know, just got sick of the Starrain name.

Hahah I see, never did I think that the 'change' was in your mind! :lol: Depends on what you want for the design of your home. Many used black lightings and it turned out beautiful! I'm sure it'll be the same for your home. We wanted the cleaner look and tried to ensure as much white accessories as possible. That being said, my track lights are white but the tracks don't match their colour 100% also lol. But if don't hiam it's fine cause I'm sure no one will scrutinize the ceiling to this extent  :sport-smiley-004:

Let me know which is your t-blog (when it's updated)! Wanna see see your progress too~ 

Quick update on the kitchen:
IKEA shelves are up and fridge just got delivered today.

The fridge is an absolute monster (so big!) in our little kitchen. But still very happy to get what I wanted, which is french doors and bottom freezer. Plus in white! :D Before this I was still thinking that the laminate chosen for the kitchen is slightly too stark white in tone, but the fridge wound up looking even 'whiter' than the cabinets haha. 

IMG_20161207_214954-01-01_zpsvlwwtnco.jp

IMG_20161207_215123-01-01_zpsaqnswxmj.jp

Much of this week was spent building our taobao & ikea furniture after work. The tiredness is real, guyzzz. We should be moving our sofa & tv console in by this weekend, and will be getting our dining table as well. The final portion of electrical works is still pending the arrival of the new led light strips, which should arrive by this or next week hopefully. Fingers crossed!

Edited by kingandbin

wonderful design? may i know what is the width of your fridge? do u think it is possible to put a side by side fridge and a blum space tower into your kitchen? mine is about the same size (3.5x2.4m). thanks.

On 12/8/2016 at 9:49 AM, infinity2015 said:

wonderful design? may i know what is the width of your fridge? do u think it is possible to put a side by side fridge and a blum space tower into your kitchen? mine is about the same size (3.5x2.4m). thanks.

Hello! Our fridge has a width of 75cm and the cabinets should be about 1.8m (didn't measure). Not sure if a blum space tower can fit though. It'll be best to consult your ID/contractor for confirmation :)

Hi Kingandbin,

Congratulations on your renovation! 

I would like you to share with me the contact of your contractor as I'm embarking on this journey.

Thank you :)

PARTIAL FURNISHING 

Over the weekend, we borrowed a van and did some diy moving of furniture into our new place. This includes key items like sofa, TV console and TV (all free! :jammin:) . We also made a trip to ikea to purchase our dining table. 

TV console is an old BESTA originally used in my parents' home. We switched out the drawer face from glossy red to white oak. As the item is too old (aka there has been amendments to the product since then), we ended up having to buy new drawer frames as well. Will need to make another trip to ikea to buy new drawer tracks too. From the pic, you'll be able to tell that the drawers don't align properly currently. Haha

2016-12-12%2011.33.28%201_zpsevo7n3n4.jp

Sofa is from my sister who decided to switch out her couch for two ikea armchairs. Thus we got this for free. This pouffe from HipVan took crazy long to be delivered (2 months zzz) but it's the cheapest I've found and they have a wide range of colours! You guys should check out their site. Also pending more fluffy cushions for the couch. I've already bought 8 cushion cases (and counting).. King thinks I'm somewhat crazy. 

IMG_20161212_233606-01_zpshxytwapw.jpeg

Dining table from ikea which can extend up till 2.2m. Chairs and bench from taobao. All lovingly built by hand. Very pleased with the quality of the TB items :lol:

IMG_20161212_223301_1-01_zpshnxjryjy.jpe

Edited by kingandbin

On 12/12/2016 at 10:10 AM, kashaya said:

Hi Kingandbin,

Congratulations on your renovation! 

I would like you to share with me the contact of your contractor as I'm embarking on this journey.

Thank you :)

On 12/12/2016 at 2:46 PM, cancan83 said:

that fridge is really huge! progress is looking really good, can you pls share your ID and quote too?

PMed both of you! @cancan83 after checking back I now realize we picked the larger capacity option for this model hahaha :rolleyes: no wonder it seems pretty big!

On 12/8/2016 at 1:02 AM, kingandbin said:

@fye Hello! Thank you :) Have sent you their contacts and details~
@Jasmine Guo Sure, PMed you.

I bought them off Taobao, during my second order on the site. Direct link to item is here: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=529708960537&toSite=main. It comes in other colours too and the quality is good  :good: Will recommend!

Thanks for the info.

Hey! Great to see that your home is completed! Loved your wood grain tiles selection! Now you can slowly "zhing" more stuffs ☺

I got bifold lourved doors for my master bed room toilet too! Hmm it is a challenge to clean which I have get down to it after close to 2 years haha. It is true for the sound of "rain" but more true for the smell whenever one is "doing" the big business... haha.. 

But.. no regrets man.. it's too nice to resist liao. Since my request for a white frosted tempered glass swing door got turned down by my "CEO".

Have a great Christmas and new year ahead!

• Like 1

On 12/20/2016 at 5:26 PM, Danmify said:

Hey! Great to see that your home is completed! Loved your wood grain tiles selection! Now you can slowly "zhing" more stuffs ☺

I got bifold lourved doors for my master bed room toilet too! Hmm it is a challenge to clean which I have get down to it after close to 2 years haha. It is true for the sound of "rain" but more true for the smell whenever one is "doing" the big business... haha.. 

But.. no regrets man.. it's too nice to resist liao. Since my request for a white frosted tempered glass swing door got turned down by my "CEO".

Have a great Christmas and new year ahead!

Hello @Danmify! Hehe thanks! The flooring we picked turned out to be one of the best decisions we made and our guests love it too :) Now still patiently waiting for more stuff to arrive from taobao so we can beautify the space with more soft furnishings & decor~

How was amount of the dust/dirt trapped inside after 2 years? Can imagine having to use a huge fluffy magiclean to run through all the gaps or hosing it down with high pressure water. Gah, now I'm not looking forward to the "perfume" coming from the bathroom! Totally didn't consider this cause the design looked too pretty, nothing else mattered then when deciding.. hahah. Hopefully our ventilation fan will help the situation abit. :P

Same to you, have a lovely Christmas and holidays! P.S. Following your cats on IG and they are adorable!!