Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

CURTAIN APPOINTMENT 

Last Saturday, a bunch of E's workers came over for rectification works. This included stuff like painting touch ups and grouting touch ups. The carpenter also came over (first time I'm meeting him haha) to take a look at defects and also take measurements for additional works we requested. In the midst of all these, the curtain supplier (ever-so-popular Vincent from this forum) we contacted came as well. The discussion was chop chop and quick. He took measurements for all our windows, brought out samples and we decided on the materials + colours on the spot.

IMG_20170107_121230-01_zpswhqca6pr.jpeg

We chose grey blackout + white day curtains for living room, wardrobe/spare room and master bedroom. For study room we opted for white Venetian blinds with black tape. It's more expensive to do blinds instead of curtains for the study, since it's a package price if all were curtains but I've dreamed of having blinds for a longgg time and wouldn't budge on the decision. 

Oh Vincent's sister (we just called her Aunty) tagged along and she enjoyed touring our home lolol. Asked quite a few questions about the flooring till Vincent had to summon Kings over several times for decision-making cause the hubs was chatting with her. 

In the end, since E happened to be around too, she took E's namecard to pass to her son who will be doing his reno soon too. Hahaha. 

Wanted to move our bed over and so brought our bed buddies to the new home. Here they are enjoying some TV time :P 

IMG_20170108_155537-01-01_zpsk6id9kq8.jp

In the end, the bed couldn't be moved over but that's a story to be told another time..

IMG_20170108_192608-01_zpszw4nuwwo.jpeg

Thankful for a nice view of the skies! My maiden home is on a low level so Ive never got to enjoy the luxury of pretty views. Or much of a glimpse of the sky, for that matter. 

Edited by kingandbin

So cute, u call them bed buddies. Haha.

I think E when to your place first before heading down to my place. Coz he told me he was at SengKang around 12noon.  XD

The other time I asked you regarding changing of the bathrooms window right, I can't change it. Coz both bathrooms comes with 2 pcs of window. It would be costly to change =( So have to deal with the default not so nice window.

Your place looks so cozy!! :wub: Unfortunately the bed can't be moved? Wonder what is the story... :unsure:

Edited by Starrain

On 12/31/2016 at 1:53 PM, kingandbin said:

Hey guohong! Thanks for taking the time to read through our renoblog (: Will PM you their contacts shortly.

Yes the suppliers had to make a hole cut-out for the fan. We gave the self-purchased fans to our contractor and he got his supplier to fit in the fans when fabricating the windows. It cost about $400-$500 to change both toilets' windows.

The windows of that room will be likely be closed most of the time, and we'll have curtains for the pole system so hopefully it'll help keep dust out! We're also planning on keeping less used/worn clothes in drawers and only have regularly worns clothes displayed. It'll somewhat force us to keep our wardrobe lean too I guess. Haha.

Hi King and Bin, 

Might have missed your PM, didn't see it in my inbox. Appreciate if you can send me the contacts again? Thanks!! 

On 1/10/2017 at 4:02 AM, guohong said:

Hi King and Bin, 

Might have missed your PM, didn't see it in my inbox. Appreciate if you can send me the contacts again? Thanks!! 

Hello! Done :lol: It probs wasn't sent out successfully the previous time- I rmb writing the PM! Hope you receive it this time round :)

16 hours ago, nettienette said:

Hi KingandBin, kindly PM me Contractor E's contacts and quotation?

im looiking to start reno after CNY and your place looks fabulous!! :)

Hi @nettienette, sent~ thanks for dropping by here! 

On 1/9/2017 at 2:52 PM, Starrain said:

So cute, u call them bed buddies. Haha.

I think E when to your place first before heading down to my place. Coz he told me he was at SengKang around 12noon.  XD

The other time I asked you regarding changing of the bathrooms window right, I can't change it. Coz both bathrooms comes with 2 pcs of window. It would be costly to change =( So have to deal with the default not so nice window.

Your place looks so cozy!! :wub: Unfortunately the bed can't be moved? Wonder what is the story... :unsure:

They have cuter individual names but it shall remain a secret :P Yep he was! We didn't expect him to come by actually, only thought his workers would be here. How's the progress of your home! Started works already?? 

Awwh. The ventilation fans we installed for the toilets work great! But the windows actually won't affect the look of the bathroom much so don't be too sad! The tiles and lighting are more important :yeah:

Hehe thank you! Simple but cozy was our goal. Hope that the outcome is so what close to it! The mattress couldn't fit into our vehicle :~ Today there will be another attempt to move it. Will share the story after we successfully move it over and shift in! Crossing fingers that it can happen today (:

Edited by kingandbin

Hope you had successfully moved your bed to your new home against all odds!

My carpentry will be up tomorrow! But everything else will be after CNY. :bangwall:

Oh! Can I know when was the acid done? After painting and carpentry? Or after everything?

4 hours ago, Starrain said:

Hope you had successfully moved your bed to your new home against all odds!

My carpentry will be up tomorrow! But everything else will be after CNY. :bangwall:

Oh! Can I know when was the acid done? After painting and carpentry? Or after everything?

Yup managed to move it over during the weekend, thanks! Feels like we can finally take a breather. :) Time to focus on wedding prep.. The big day is very soon and we've not prepared much yet!

Ooh nice~ After carpentry everything will progress very quickly. Acid should be after carpentry and painting, before toilet's stainless steel accessories are up. Then second round/finish up electrical works if I recall correctly. The end is near, congrats! 

Read through 21 pages of your T-blog and was so inspired! Love your floating shelf in the toilet and that "ThePattern That You Named Wall" is awesome. I think I am sold on those subway tiles in the kitchen too.

Could you share your Contractor E's contact and his quote please?

Hey @hoWL! Aww, thanks for taking the time to read through this lengthy t-blog and for the kind words! Glad to have inspired you a tiny bit hehe :lol:

Have sent you the details you requested. Sorry for the delayed response! 

CURTAINS & CARPENTRY ADD-ONS

Happy CNY eve folks! :dancingqueen:(Time to collect Ang Baos! We've not gone through the customary wedding yet, so my parents say we can still collect red packets and only start giving them out next year or the year after :thumbsup:

Our curtains were installed 2 days back. Been sleeping basked in sunlight so yay, goodbye nature's alarm clock! Living room & dressing room's are 85% blackout in the same shade of grey. The colour turned out subtly glossy which we didn't expect, but it still looks ok. Master bedroom's is a matte darker grey. Day curtains are off-white.

Here's our living room's current look at night. The position of our dining table changes on a regular  basis lol. Beside the couch is cube shelving unit which holds all of King's boardgames. Friends say we can open our own boardgames cafe at home already. Haha.

2017-01-26%2009.17.41%201_zpszpzl8wmg.jp 

Dressing room

IMG_20170125_230849-01_zpsoai0aq3b.jpeg

Master bedroom. Please excuse the wooden board on the right, we still have some furniture we've been too exhausted to DIY build :wacko:

IMG_20170125_231348-01_zpsinx7pzjj.jpeg

Previously when the carpenter dropped by to check the areas we needed rectifying, we also requested for some extra works to be done. First is to have something up on top of our low wall. It's been our (and guests) favourite spot to lean on and rest our elbows. This resulted in the painted top of this wall to slowly change colour :unsure: Initially during reno planning E asked if we wanted to have the top tiled with the same tiles as our floor but we've never seen something like that done before. So we decided to leave it as it is first to see how it goes.

Here it is with the laminated countertop. 

IMG_20170114_170019-02-01_zpspxoze487.jp

The laminate is from some leftovers they had in the factory. The carpenter sent a pic of samples he thought might match our home and we picked this one. We left it to the carpenter and our contractor to decide on its thickness but on afterthought I think we should have done it thicker so it looks more like the butcher block effect in our kitchen. Still very satisfied with it though! Super useful :D

IMG_20170114_170131-01-01_zpsxwtykbmb.jp

Added some shelving in the DB box cabinet as well. It's the original depth provided by HDB so it is too shallow to keep shoes directly in, but we store them lengthwise and it fits 2 pairs per shelf with lots of space to spare. We don't own many pairs of shoes so the storage is sufficient for our needs :)

IMG_20170114_165759-01-01_zpsqkimm4gz.jp

Edited by kingandbin

hi! love the style of your home, especially the toilet feature wall! could you pm me the contacts of the contractors you had met with please, in particular E and J&E?

thanks much!!