Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

How do you like your floors after moving in and seeing them day and night? I'm asking as I really love wood floors but I have dogs so I can only consider 'wood tiles' but after seeing so many houses with 'wood tiles', I'm not sure if I can take the 'disconnected' look of the wood tiles  ( the tiles have a limited length right?)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 1/31/2017 at 8:09 PM, ahmiu said:

How do you like your floors after moving in and seeing them day and night? I'm asking as I really love wood floors but I have dogs so I can only consider 'wood tiles' but after seeing so many houses with 'wood tiles', I'm not sure if I can take the 'disconnected' look of the wood tiles  (the tiles have a limited length right?)

Hey @ahmiu, I really love my flooring! So do people who visit my home :thumbsup:

Friends and older relatives have thought that it is actual wood till we told them that it is tiles :P There are some people who do wood-look tiles but choose a contrasting grout colour, which I don't quite understand haha. My home's tiles are the shorter kind (60cm) which resulted in more grout lines than usual wood-look tiles (90cm kind) but since the grouting is specially mixed to match the colour of the tiles, it still looks harmonious. Maintenance is a breeze as well, since it's all tiles.

Best way to determine if you'll be ok with the look is to go visit a house which has such flooring! See, touch and feel it in person. Our contractor took us to a house with wood-look flooring for site visit and we immediately decided that we'll go for wood-look as well. Hope this helps!

On 2/1/2017 at 1:26 AM, wil2017 said:

Hi King and Bin,

Nice to read your sharing.

Can you PM me your contractor contact as I'm going to renovate my 4rm BTO too?

On 2/1/2017 at 11:26 PM, tjk1208 said:

Hello,

Mind PM me your contractor details :D 

Hi both, sent you a PM :lol:

26 minutes ago, kingandbin said:

Hey @ahmiu, I really love my flooring! So do people who visit my home :thumbsup:

Friends and older relatives have thought that it is actual wood till we told them that it is tiles :P There are some people who do wood-look tiles but choose a contrasting grout colour, which I don't quite understand haha. My home's tiles are the shorter kind (60cm) which resulted in more grout lines than usual wood-look tiles (90cm kind) but since the grouting is specially mixed to match the colour of the tiles, it still looks harmonious. Maintenance is a breeze as well, since it's all tiles.

Best way to determine if you'll be ok with the look is to go visit a house which has such flooring! See, touch and feel it in person. Our contractor took us to a house with wood-look flooring for site visit and we immediately decided that we'll go for wood-look as well. Hope this helps!

i have a question! :lol:

must we tell the id that we wan specially mixed grouting for wooden tiles?

got a pic of the wood tile grouting?

Great tip on the grouting! actually I was referring about the grains 'not matching' as I assume it will probably be bad-breaking and time-consuming for the tiler to try to match the grains as much as possible plus the suppliers will just deliver the tiles as per what they get too. 

just thinking on how to get around this. lol

On 29 November 2016 at 11:15 PM, kingandbin said:

CLEAN & ALMOST READYY (FOR HANDOVER)

Guyzzz never thought I'd say this but the reno is almost complete. But the key word is almost. Haha. Can't wait for it all to be done- I'm getting tired of this whole process and just want the furnishings to be in asap :yeah: The PD door for master bathroom was installed yesterday and they did chemical cleaning for the place today. Previously, if we stomped on the ground clouds of dust will emerge (we liked to pretend they felt like special effects but the dust became annoying after awhile lah).

Anyway! It's better by leaps and bounds now. We still need to put in more muscle to clean the place properly but we can move about barefooted already! So happy! :dancingqueen:

The remaining layers of paint plus outstanding accessories and shelves will be done by this week & we have been tasked to look out for any defects for carpentry too. Those we spotted so far have been quite minor, but we've raised it to Contractor E already.

We are also still waiting for our new order of LED lights from Taobao to come in. Ordered them on 11/11 via Ezbuy Prime and they are still pending inspection by the agent in China omgg. The previous ones we ordered were extra thick and sturdy (lol), thus were not suitable to be used under the kitchen cabinets because they were too wide to fit and couldn't bend well. So we are waiting for them to come in before electricians can finish up the last bits and fix up our remaining switches. Of course, the swing door portion of the shower screen is outstanding as well.

Master toilet's fully louvered door:
Previously didn't even consider this but the husband mentioned that not only will there be good ventilation from the gaps in the door, the sound of the shower might possibly be loud enough to wake the other party who is sleeping in the room (?!?)  :bow:  can anyone with similar bathroom doors please share your experience?

IMG_20161129_204734-01_zpssc8yzzix.jpeg

With toilet bowl, bidet, tap, accessories all installed:

IMG_20161129_204648-01_zpsbxvpgo2w.jpeg

I think this is my favourite area so far! -- Rainshower and toiletries shelves with our beloved feature wall :wub::

IMG_20161129_204553-01_zpshcckicxv.jpeg

Common bathroom shower area: 
Rest of the bathroom's stuff such as towel bar, hanging hooks etc are all black. We like how it turned out! But... we picked a white mirror hoping it'll match the wall tiles and it turned out kinda meh instead. Maybe some plants or little accessories will have it look nicer? Will report back with pictures after we successfully spruce up the area. Hahahah.

IMG_20161129_204206-01_zpsbaqggxo1.jpeg

Finally, our oldest piece of furniture has been unboxed! But not connected to the water source yet as the piping/head isn't compatible. Also, as you can see here the service yard is really narrow. Both sides of the service yard has double pipes running through which leaves little usable space.

IMG_20161129_204032-01_zpsw2hsuknd.jpeg

can i ask how is your taobao rain shower in your master bedroom? 

@kingandbin, thanks for the informative post. Can you pls share the contact details of E and J&E? Additionally, how are the light purchases from Tao Bao? Any issues faced with them?

Also, what about the racks in the kitchen? Is it worth spending on blum racks?

On 2/7/2017 at 5:19 PM, fifteenmay said:

can i ask how is your taobao rain shower in your master bedroom? 

On 2/7/2017 at 5:07 PM, casperlai said:

@kingandbin Lovely home! How are your Taobao lights, shower sets, and furniture holding up? I am planning to get most of my stuff from there via EzBuy Prime. Would love some feedback! Cheers! 

The rainshower has been holding up nicely! The parts are very shiny (including the rainshower head) and can serve as a mirror when showering lolol. Water pressure is great as well! According to my husband who uses the rainshower function the pressure is a tad bit weaker than the rainshower in his parent's home. I use the handheld shower and the pressure is amazing. It gets water stains quite easily though because of its shiny finish but that doesn't bother me. Will recommend!  :thumbsup:

As for our light purchases, will recommend to get them from Taobao. All the lights from our home are working well so far. Only one light bulb we used in our master bathroom went awry. It started smoking suddenly when the electricians were here to help us install the led light strips previously. Luckily they noticed and immediately removed the bulb.  :jawdrop:  Apart from that, all is well.

All the furniture we ordered have been great. I assembled most of them myself with little help from the husband. Haha. Those pieces advertised as solid wood (实木) are actual wood unlike IKEA's particleboard wood material. No regrets here :)

@casperlai For ezbuy prime purchases that ship via sea, be prepared for delays. Those via air usually arrive slightly ahead of estimated date. Several of my items via ezbuy prime's sea shopping were not delivered successfully to me in sg though delivery was scheduled because of issues from the logistics company. The last item I finally received from ezbuy prime's sea shipping was ordered way back on 11/11, and it only was delivered successfully last Friday after 5 failed attempts *faints* :bangwall:

On 2/8/2017 at 1:35 AM, LizzyD said:

@kingandbin, thanks for the informative post. Can you pls share the contact details of E and J&E? Additionally, how are the light purchases from Tao Bao? Any issues faced with them?

Also, what about the racks in the kitchen? Is it worth spending on blum racks?

@LizzyD My kitchen's racks are from taobao, and not BLUM so I'm unable to advise you. The quality of those I have is only so-so though. Have sent you Contractor E and J&E's contacts.

@emptysoulz @Aminah Muhammad  Hi both, thanks for reading my t-blog! PMed you with the contact details you requested!

Edited by kingandbin