Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On 2/6/2017 at 7:50 PM, ahmiu said:

Great tip on the grouting! actually I was referring about the grains 'not matching' as I assume it will probably be bad-breaking and time-consuming for the tiler to try to match the grains as much as possible plus the suppliers will just deliver the tiles as per what they get too. 

just thinking on how to get around this. lol

Hmmm having the grains to match would be a challenge. As the tiles I opted for are from China, the grain's patterns are not as natural as Spanish or Italian tiles. For the more expensive kind (i.e. $5psf and above) it might be possible? Best to consult your ID/contractor or even those from tiles shops!

On 2/5/2017 at 0:17 PM, fifteenmay said:

i have a question! :lol:

must we tell the id that we wan specially mixed grouting for wooden tiles?

got a pic of the wood tile grouting?

Whoops, sorry it took me so so long to reply! I see that the tiling works for your home is pretty much done already! :blink: For the benefit of others as well, here's how it looks. Just tell your ID/contractor that you want the grout colour to match the tiles, and the tilers will mix the grout colour specially for you.

IMG_20170214_122610-01_zpsamy8ybdx.jpeg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

@kingandbin Hey thanks for the detailed reply. I'm also worried about delivery delay. Planning to get sink from there as well... Actually, almost everything will be from there.

Did you use Prime exclusively or other shipping company/method? If so, which one would you recommend. 

Exciting times ahead!

7 hours ago, kingandbin said:

Hmmm having the grains to match would be a challenge. As the tiles I opted for are from China, the grain's patterns are not as natural as Spanish or Italian tiles. For the more expensive kind (i.e. $5psf and above) it might be possible? Best to consult your ID/contractor or even those from tiles shops!

Whoops, sorry it took me so so long to reply! I see that the tiling works for your home is pretty much done already! :blink: For the benefit of others as well, here's how it looks. Just tell your ID/contractor that you want the grout colour to match the tiles, and the tilers will mix the grout colour specially for you.

IMG_20170214_122610-01_zpsamy8ybdx.jpeg

argh! so nice!!! ya my tiling is done. i told my id all the grouting colours but forgot the balcony ones.. bang head.. well have to live with the white grouting then.. at least it looks thin and the tiles were tiled nicely.. so can't complain much!

On 2/15/2017 at 10:52 AM, lindakyl said:

Hi kingandbin

May I know if you could pm your Reno contractor to me? Thank you very much.

Sure, PMed!

12 hours ago, geneo79 said:

Hi Kingandbin

Very nice reno! Can share the contractor E's contact please? Thanks!

Thanks for the compliment! Have PMed you :lol:

On 2/14/2017 at 6:56 PM, casperlai said:

@kingandbin Hey thanks for the detailed reply. I'm also worried about delivery delay. Planning to get sink from there as well... Actually, almost everything will be from there.

Did you use Prime exclusively or other shipping company/method? If so, which one would you recommend. 

Exciting times ahead!

Aiyo, so sorry for missing out on replying you! Haha taobao is awesome, but you've just got to ensure everything is ordered ahead of time in accordance to your Reno's sequence! 

For the first TB order we tried Oops.sg, sea shipment was minimum of 1cbm. We ordered under the amount and our items' shipping fee averaged to $3 each. After that it was prime all the way. Super worthwhile :yeah: Will recommend prime as it's the most value-for-money. For smaller items like clothing I've done direct shipment from TB before, apart from faster delivery time there isn't much difference honestly. 

And yes, excited for you too! Hope all goes well for ya. 

On 2/23/2017 at 4:19 PM, LLW1989 said:

Hi kingandbin, nice reno! Could u pm me ur contractor contact pls? Thanks

Hello!! I saw that you sent me a PM as well~ Replying you now!

On 3/8/2017 at 3:04 PM, castell said:

Hi kingandbin

Nice Reno!! Could you please PM me your Reno contractor and quote? Thank you very much.

Yup sure~ PMed (:

On 3/8/2017 at 9:29 AM, bianchibicicletta said:

I've been a silent reader.  Can you please pm me Contractor E and Contractors J&E?  Thanks!

Hihi, thanks for reading our tblog! Okie, PMed you their details already~

Edited by kingandbin

On 3/10/2017 at 10:04 AM, muffball said:

Masterbedroom photos please! haha

Ok!!! Took some photos of our home over the weekend. Will share them soon! ;)

Edited by kingandbin