Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
thilmeha

carpentry design works pte ltd fraud company

A piece of advise to all.... I have done reno few times le... And I know all pattern.... If the deal is too good to be true.... And if there are ppl complaining about it... Skip it to save trouble.... Find another ID... there are so many in SG... Dun be in a headache situation.... Is painful.... Maybe it might be a bit more cost using other ID, but it really can save ur pain if the work is prompt and nice... The best to save is dun find ID.... a contractor can do the job... Alot of IDs dun coordinate for u too... Just think of ur own idea.... tell your contractor... they can do the same as ID.... think about it... My past experience... 

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi putrisherie,

Why are you the one relaying these messages for them, shouldn't they be the one to settle any unhappiness amongst their clients?

It's quite hard to believe that not a single one of their clients have approached the company about any unhappiness with them.

For these people to resort to a forum to find people in the same boat as them, it shows that it is likely their efforts to resolve amicably and privately with their ID have been unsuccessful.

Edited by evanne

Agree with Maldini03. Is it possible, putrisherie, that because of your close relationship with the director, your experience with them is much better than the others?

On 10/02/2017 at 10:24 AM, Maldini03 said:

Putrisherie,

You can defend the company all you want. I wouldn't care less.

But you can't change the fact it has cause unhappiness and inconvenience towards home owners with the long delays. I repeat LONG DELAYS. My emphasis here is about the reliability of the company and whether the company is able to deliver what it promises when we sign on the dotted line.

When it comes to payment, they are very efficient in collecting it. but when it comes to reno works, I must admit that they are below average.

Someone needs to do a Reno Journey blog about their experience with this ID. The timeline would stretch like a tape measure without end.
My friend has been a homeless homeowner for half a year due an incompetent 'ID' who cant even complete the simplest of tasks.

Some advice for all looking for an ID.
- Get a RADAC approved one if possible. Easier conflict resolution.
- Have a completion date on the contract itself

- If the price is too good to be true. It is.
- Do more research & more research

Hi everyone. Perhaps it's in everyone interest that I am in fact a current client of theirs, which means I am neither working for them nor am I affiliated in any way. This is my 4th property and for each one I've used a different (big player) reno company. This is the first time I'm using a small-time ID (I define 'small-time' by the kind of advertising power they have, and it's not very much, except on social media).

To be very honest, in my dealings with reno companies, it's really a hit and miss sometimes, no matter who you engage and no matter your budget. In my other property (1759sqft- older? larger condo unit, and thus major works), we took a big-player ID which charged us a premium price. How disappointed we were that they delayed our works by more than 2 mths as well! They only completed our house when, at our wit's end and after months of waiting, we decided to engage a lawyer to state our case to the MD himself. It was only upon receipt of this letter via our lawyer (we ceased our contact with our contractor at this point and liaised only with his boss) that works really picked up. Legal fees weren't cheap  of course, but it was something we were willing to pay given the frustration we faced.

I'm not saying that it's perfectly ok for them to have delays, and neither am I advocating silence amongst clients, but I'm sharing with you guys that it happens even with big or famed companies. We are holding on to great faith that Carpentry Design will eventually finish our house the soonest they can and I would like to believe they're trying their best in spite of their delays. My advice to potential clients is this: engage them if you have the time to wait- for eg you're still living with your parents or have ready accommodation- and given the price you pay, do not expect them to finish your place in 1 mth. Just know that there are many errant IDs and renovation companies out there- and while they are not fast, calling them frauds would certainly be fallacious and unfair to them at this point.

It is true that there are many errant IDs out there and it's important to be weary of those IDs who already have bad reviews on them..

On behalf of my friend, is there are anyone who is putting up a collective case on the company? Do PM me so I can connect my friend to you.

They will do up their own review of the company once they finish their Reno which has been delayed for over 3± months (on top of the 3 months the ID has initially promised them). 

15 minutes ago, putrisherie said:

Delay 3 months upon work commence as in keys collected or upon signing of contract but only signing and keys not collected? Inclusive of HDB permit approval or not? Be careful ya owners. If your allegations is base on signing of contract but keys not collected and permit have not approve, you will be counter back as its base on approval of permit and keys collected and commencement of work. If your friend experienced delay for 1 month but the company saves him or her thousands and wants to make a big issues, hmmmm. Well i have no comment. What i can say, pity the company. Helping out the wrong people. People that wants to ruin their ricebowl. And i assume u are a malay. Hence if the intention of ruining others ricebowl after was being helped, i hope karma will struck soon to you all. Thats what my parents taught me and my religion too. Do not ruin others as one day, it will comes back to us. I am happy. After 3 months of reno for moves in condition, 1 month touch ups, we got ourselves a beautiful home designed by them. No feelings of not satisfied or anger cos i saves more than 10k and we got what we want. Patience is a virtue and totally worth the wait. :)

Delays after work has commence actually.

So in actuality, work has been ongoing for almost 7 months

Edited by nurfandy
Correcting the number of months taken.. not 6 but 7

6 minutes ago, putrisherie said:

One month, 2 months or delay till 6 months? Never deliver at all?? Took money and run? Delays and still delivers with all the free gifts given and delays but never deliver at all with the feee gifts not given is 2 different things. Well like i said. This forum, anyone can say. Delay 1 year etc. Anybody. But whom to justify it? Nobody. As its forum. Maybe delay yes. 2 or nearly 3 months for fully complete spick and span. But maybe 3 months they deliver 90% of the works but only left the touch ups like glass works etc. Nobody knows. As a huma

n, if u are not satisfied, a small bite by an ant can be said a tiger that bites as if you are not happy with somebody, people can exaggerate big things. But nobody can determine as this is only forum. Unless u produce a police report stated the company took money after 3 months only do 30% job but took 90% payments and went MIA. Then i have no say. My advice if still delay and nothing being done, tell your friend to report to police and they themselves put up in this forum. Not you. Then its justifiable. I can shut my mouth. Any Tom Dick and Harry can say, 6 months is HOMELESS as they delay. Well! Its a big allegations. Why didnt the homeless family took pics of their homelessness and post at the papers to proves that after money given, they are left homeless for 6 months because of the company??? Put up in the media so other owners can wakes up and open our eyes. This company makes people homeless. 

Thanks for the suggestion, will inform them to report to the police too..

For those who wants to put up a complaint on this company too, please PM.. so can all do it together

Edited by nurfandy

11 minutes ago, putrisherie said:

Please do so and make sure its concrete evidence that the company didnt complete the house. Took money and MIA. Did not deliver the free gifts at all etc.  Then it will be concrete and with that the company needs to be stopped. However if they completes the house, delivers the house even 1 or 2 months even 3 months delay, all free gifts delivered, the company is contactable not MIA and full payment had not been given, i guess the police also will not entertain. They have other better things to do. :)

Probably not as free as you defending this company for every review they receive.. :)

For those of you who wish to engage them please note that the house renovation can be delayed 1,2,3 months or more (no time limit) as mentioned. And they probably will do the bare minimum so that you as a consumer can't do much. Might want to be careful when considering them.

Hi there.

Its been awhile and it seems thats its more of self dissatisfaction over the company. Not all companies are a bed of roses. My own superior used a high profile company. Expensive yet still renovation took nearly 8 months to be fully done with touch ups for Executive Apartment. However my superior did not make a big hassle as they didnt want to jeopardize quality and workmanship. Same with me too. Also my camp buddy. Also i think other owners too. And this Blk 805 Keat Hong, i think me and my wife too went up to see the house. 5 room BTO open concept with kitchen walls all hacked down, platform with center cabinet. Nice house and works. I agree with the other owners. It depends on the demands and attitude from them towards the company. So far my approach with the company is good. All issues are settled amicably. I ever saw a malay owner called and shouted at my ID Jordan as he didnt pick up his calls as he was busy with me and the electrician.  Jordan was angry too as he talked nicely to the owner saying that he is in appointment and will call back later. The malay owner shouted loudly on the phone till all of us can heard him clearly saying that he do not care. As a paying customer he expects the sales to pick up his every single phonecalls. I asked Jordan what happened. He showed me pics of the house. 90% done. Only left quartz measurements and the quartz people is late. The owner cannot wait. Thats why its all depends on expectations. We also have to understand. They are very busy. But thankfully they still takes on our project and i really saves the reno costs to buy my other furnitures. I dont think they are fraud as the keeps on delivering their works, very active on FB and they are still contactable. Maybe the approach and expectations of certain owners cannot match them. My advice, if you are in a hurry, u have to take a more expensive firm and from there you can press them as you pay the premium price. If u are expecting helps, low price, cant afford to buy air con. Needs Free air con and other things from them, my advice please do not take them. U will then on purpose ruin their ricebowl if they cant meet ur expectations and requests. Just my 2 cents. Thanks. 

Hi there.

Its been awhile and it seems thats its more of self dissatisfaction over the company. Not all companies are a bed of roses. My own superior used a high profile company. Expensive yet still renovation took nearly 8 months to be fully done with touch ups for Executive Apartment. However my superior did not make a big hassle as they didnt want to jeopardize quality and workmanship. Same with me too. Also my camp buddy. Also i think other owners too. And this Blk 805 Keat Hong, i think me and my wife too went up to see the house. 5 room BTO open concept with kitchen walls all hacked down, platform with center cabinet. Nice house and works. I agree with the other owners. It depends on the demands and attitude from them towards the company. So far my approach with the company is good. All issues are settled amicably. I ever saw a malay owner called and shouted at my ID Jordan as he didnt pick up his calls as he was busy with me and the electrician.  Jordan was angry too as he talked nicely to the owner saying that he is in appointment and will call back later. The malay owner shouted loudly on the phone till all of us can heard him clearly saying that he do not care. As a paying customer he expects the sales to pick up his every single phonecalls. I asked Jordan what happened. He showed me pics of the house. 90% done. Only left quartz measurements and the quartz people is late. The owner cannot wait. Thats why its all depends on expectations. We also have to understand. They are very busy. But thankfully they still takes on our project and i really saves the reno costs to buy my other furnitures. I dont think they are fraud as the keeps on delivering their works, very active on FB and they are still contactable. Maybe the approach and expectations of certain owners cannot match them. My advice, if you are in a hurry, u have to take a more expensive firm and from there you can press them as you pay the premium price. If u are expecting helps, low price, cant afford to buy air con. Needs Free air con and other things from them, my advice please do not take them. U will then on purpose ruin their ricebowl if they cant meet ur expectations and requests. Just my 2 cents. Thanks.