Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi guys, I have read quite abit about movers in Singapore on this forum. However, most of the posts are pretty outdated. My line of work really require a few good movers to recommend to my clients. I have had pleasant experiences as well as horrible experiences. I will do my due diligence. Thank you very very much in advance. 

For now can we start with Vimbox Movers? I have seen quite abit of this companys review here BUT they are pretty outdated and the most recent one was a pleasant experience. And they are listed as Top 5 Best Movers in Singapore, which is confusing. Also I have contacted the participants of the topic about "Vimbox Movers Review" that I have seen previously and i sincerely hope they participate in this forum. Please check your inboxes :)

I look forward to all input. 

Thank you. 

Plus I need to shift a few furnitures too so I may as well use one of the recommendations. 

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hello, knowing that you have done some researches on movers too. I just wanna recommend, I have used this site for my moving in the past few months, www.kaodim.sg 

You can try visits the site and compare the prices then decide whether you want to hire or not. Im just plainly recommending. Good luck :) 

On 8/10/2016 at 11:12 AM, samyee said:

Hello, knowing that you have done some researches on movers too. I just wanna recommend, I have used this site for my moving in the past few months, www.kaodim.sg 

You can try visits the site and compare the prices then decide whether you want to hire or not. Im just plainly recommending. Good luck :) 

Thank you Samyee, 

I am doing my research on that website as well. But the site is mainly about price. I wanna find out what they companies are. Im still waiting eagerly for this thread to kick off. But really appreciate the recommendation. Thank you.

To all, 

Please do not engage Trusted Moving Services. I repeat... do not engage them ! Poor services and want to cheat my small deposit. I have reported this to CASE because I feel they have taken me for a ride and it's not about the money, but it's about the principle of delivering what has been promised. Here is my experience with them : 

1. 18/7 - Engaged them formally and requested for loan carton boxes. They offered but require $50 deposit. I paid and they sent the boxes to my home
  2. 28/7 - On the day of moving, I somehow had to just call them to find out the status (1 hour before) and only to be told it's raining at Orchard and that they will be late and I'll definitely miss my auspicious timing. I had to readjust my plan and head over to my new place 1st and therefore telling them to come later (being considerate to them). 
  3. 30/7 - Engaged them for another service which is to pick up 2 items at 2 different location that I have agreed with the 2 sellers between 10.30AM - 11.30AM, but unfortunately they failed to pick it up, and failed to update me the status until I started chasing them, only around 11.45AM that they told me their driver was in the police station (not sure how true this is...) but the damage was already done, as my 2 sellers were very upset as they waited whole morning for the pick up. I had to engaged another transporter to pick it up, but it was a hassle to find 1 in such a short notice and I had to pay extra ! 
  4. 30/7 - After this incident, I immediately told them to come collect the carton boxes next day 31/7 because I was very unhappy with their service.
  5. 31/7 - Reminded them again about the carton boxes collection and refund of deposit, they told me I needed to book 5 days in advance ! I was like WTF... this wasn't mentioned at all on 30/7 !!! Nvm, being a considerate person, I told them ok... 5 Aug 1PM - 3PM because I had to leave at 4PM to catch a 6PM flight (long weekend break). 
  6. 5/8 - Reminded them again in the morning, and they said will update me. By the time 2.30PM, I received SMS that they can't make it ! I was so pissed and they decided to use a SMS reply template message to reply all my messages after that and started ignoring my calls. 
  7. 10/8 - After back from my trip, I started bug them again because I really needed my space... finally they replied and say will settle this issue by picking it up next day 2pm - 4pm. I was like... WTF... I need to work ok, so I offered them their last chance which is to collect by Saturday 13/8 as I'll be home whole day. Seriously, whole day... I can wait, and I gave them anytime to come... but nOOOOOOooooOOOOooooo they are so busy that they can drop by and freaking collect the 20 carton boxes. When I told them off about their poor service and that they should be accommodating to my timing and not theirs, they ignored all my calls and SMS. 
  8. 14/8 - Decided to just tell them... Please enjoy my deposit as I'll be reporting to CASE on Monday morning and will be typing this review in every single forum in Singapore possibly can, to inform / advise everyone to stay away from TRUSTED MOVING SERVICES !!! 
  9. 15/8 - CASE have been lodged. 

Below are the details : 

TRUSTED MOVING SERVICES
54, Lorong 7 Realty Park, Singapore 536807
Contact # 97101153 / 83535862 / 85022242
Email : trustedmovingservies@gmail.com

I have already lodged a CASE report and will be waiting for an update from them. 

9 hours ago, stoopadity said:

To all, 

Please do not engage Trusted Moving Services. I repeat... do not engage them ! Poor services and want to cheat my small deposit. I have reported this to CASE because I feel they have taken me for a ride and it's not about the money, but it's about the principle of delivering what has been promised. Here is my experience with them : 

1. 18/7 - Engaged them formally and requested for loan carton boxes. They offered but require $50 deposit. I paid and they sent the boxes to my home
  2. 28/7 - On the day of moving, I somehow had to just call them to find out the status (1 hour before) and only to be told it's raining at Orchard and that they will be late and I'll definitely miss my auspicious timing. I had to readjust my plan and head over to my new place 1st and therefore telling them to come later (being considerate to them). 
  3. 30/7 - Engaged them for another service which is to pick up 2 items at 2 different location that I have agreed with the 2 sellers between 10.30AM - 11.30AM, but unfortunately they failed to pick it up, and failed to update me the status until I started chasing them, only around 11.45AM that they told me their driver was in the police station (not sure how true this is...) but the damage was already done, as my 2 sellers were very upset as they waited whole morning for the pick up. I had to engaged another transporter to pick it up, but it was a hassle to find 1 in such a short notice and I had to pay extra ! 
  4. 30/7 - After this incident, I immediately told them to come collect the carton boxes next day 31/7 because I was very unhappy with their service.
  5. 31/7 - Reminded them again about the carton boxes collection and refund of deposit, they told me I needed to book 5 days in advance ! I was like WTF... this wasn't mentioned at all on 30/7 !!! Nvm, being a considerate person, I told them ok... 5 Aug 1PM - 3PM because I had to leave at 4PM to catch a 6PM flight (long weekend break). 
  6. 5/8 - Reminded them again in the morning, and they said will update me. By the time 2.30PM, I received SMS that they can't make it ! I was so pissed and they decided to use a SMS reply template message to reply all my messages after that and started ignoring my calls. 
  7. 10/8 - After back from my trip, I started bug them again because I really needed my space... finally they replied and say will settle this issue by picking it up next day 2pm - 4pm. I was like... WTF... I need to work ok, so I offered them their last chance which is to collect by Saturday 13/8 as I'll be home whole day. Seriously, whole day... I can wait, and I gave them anytime to come... but nOOOOOOooooOOOOooooo they are so busy that they can drop by and freaking collect the 20 carton boxes. When I told them off about their poor service and that they should be accommodating to my timing and not theirs, they ignored all my calls and SMS. 
  8. 14/8 - Decided to just tell them... Please enjoy my deposit as I'll be reporting to CASE on Monday morning and will be typing this review in every single forum in Singapore possibly can, to inform / advise everyone to stay away from TRUSTED MOVING SERVICES !!! 
  9. 15/8 - CASE have been lodged. 

Below are the details : 

TRUSTED MOVING SERVICES
54, Lorong 7 Realty Park, Singapore 536807
Contact # 97101153 / 83535862 / 85022242
Email : trustedmovingservies@gmail.com

I have already lodged a CASE report and will be waiting for an update from them. 

Thank you for sharing. Most definitely going on my "Blacklist".  I can only understand how it must have felt like. But really, thank you for sharing. And I hope this thread helps all the user here find their apt mover.

Edited by yupitshailey

• Thanks 1

Dear readers,

Last Saturday, I had one of the most pleasant house moving experience. I engaged Vimbox Movers after I saw them being part of the top 5 best movers in Singapore. I did my research on them but still decided to give them a try. 

In all honesty, their price is only slightly higher than most companies (It was $70/- higher than one of its competitors) but it was definitely mid ranged. I actually took them up on their offer because they were one of the two companies that could meet my auspicious timing and they were able to deliver the boxes within 3 days of the quotation. I was actually quite impressed at how fast they handle things especially the sales person. (You can PM me to get his contact) 

So last Saturday, I got a call from their movers. They told me they were on the way, reached slightly earlier than the agreed timing but they waited outside my place with all their "barang-barang". Properly dressed in their long pants and uniform, they looked pretty young for the industry. But when the whole process started, from the introduction to the payment. Gave them some tips. And took them up on their facebook promotion to get a 5% discount.

They really did a good job. My items are in their warehouse and they just emailed me the list of items just for my reference. I would say, excellent job Vimbox Movers. 

I will most likely recommend them to all. They made it look so easy. Interested parties can PM me to get the sales rep contact. 

Cheers!

On 8/15/2016 at 8:18 PM, SnickyLow said:

Dear readers,

Last Saturday, I had one of the most pleasant house moving experience. I engaged Vimbox Movers after I saw them being part of the top 5 best movers in Singapore. I did my research on them but still decided to give them a try. 

In all honesty, their price is only slightly higher than most companies (It was $70/- higher than one of its competitors) but it was definitely mid ranged. I actually took them up on their offer because they were one of the two companies that could meet my auspicious timing and they were able to deliver the boxes within 3 days of the quotation. I was actually quite impressed at how fast they handle things especially the sales person. (You can PM me to get his contact) 

So last Saturday, I got a call from their movers. They told me they were on the way, reached slightly earlier than the agreed timing but they waited outside my place with all their "barang-barang". Properly dressed in their long pants and uniform, they looked pretty young for the industry. But when the whole process started, from the introduction to the payment. Gave them some tips. And took them up on their facebook promotion to get a 5% discount.

They really did a good job. My items are in their warehouse and they just emailed me the list of items just for my reference. I would say, excellent job Vimbox Movers. 

I will most likely recommend them to all. They made it look so easy. Interested parties can PM me to get the sales rep contact. 

Cheers!

Thank you for the kind feedback. I hope to see more of such feedback on this thread. Of course more is welcomed. I honestly hope that your feedbacks will help our readers in finding the right moving company. So, Vimbox is kinda getting better i think? I am waiting to see still. 

Looking for house moving service in Singapore?

Earth Transport Service is not your trusted house movers. Our happy event turned into a horrible experience. Here is an honest and genuine review about Earth Transport Services.

We engaged Earth Transport Services on 11 August. There were numerous email, text messages and phone confirmation; I received the last confirmation again from them before the day of scheduled move.

We were so excited about the move, by 10am on 11 August, we were all ready waiting for the Earth Transport Service (ETS) to arrive. They did not turn up as scheduled, which made me worry because I really had to move out by that day and I had to call to ask and the person who received my call seemed surprised about the hiccup. Minutes later, another person called and he claimed that he could not get in touch with the team supervisor, but promised to find out what went wrong. Laterr, I received a few pictures of a lightly damaged truck. The head light was smashed and the bumper was dent. There was no phone call from him, just the photos. We called to ask for more details. He said the truck was involved in an accident and could not come to our service. And he claimed that they had to report to police. Looking at the minor accident, I couldn’t comprehend the need to report police. As a matter of fact, police will not entertain such road accident unless someone was injured. When I pressed for the location of the accident and the handphone of the team supervisor, I was tactfully denied. That’s when I sensed something was not right. However, I thought a house mover running a business in Singapore will not deceive their customer, we requested for alternatives; he offered a later moving at 2 pm, which we accepted.

By the time drew near, no call, confirmation or update from Earth Transport Service (ETS). Our constant calls seemed to irritate him. We were told to wait another 10 minutes while he looked for solution. 10 minutes passed and he sms that he would call us in 30 minutes. After which, we had not heard from Earth Transport Service (ETS) since. We felt we were left to bleed to death with 80 boxes and furniture lying around the house.

By 3pm, we concluded Earth Transport Service (ETS) has decided to abandon us. We frantically called many other movers, most turned us down as it was a last minute job, even next day service was not possible. Fortunately, with a help of a friend, we found her regular mover who agreed to help us move. That was almost 5pm in the evening, the team just finished their 2 house moving jobs earlier. We were very appreciative that they agreed to work overtime for us. Furthermore, we paid only $30 more than what Earth Transport Service (ETS) quoted despite the last minute arrangement. They finished the moving job at 8.30pm.

Earth Transport Service (ETS) accepted a business order from us but fail to deliver without offering remedy can only tell you something about them; Earth Transport Service (ETS) is unprofessional, irresponsible, and maybe very inexperienced in the business. Even if the road accident was ‘genuine’, it was obvious that Earth Transport Service (ETS) did not have any contingency plans in place to offer alternative solution to their client. To run a house moving business, you expect unforeseen events such as truck breakdown, road accident, staffs report sick…etc. If the road accident was ‘fake’, you’ll see clearly the business ethical values of Earth Transport Service (ETS).

The truth of the matter was that, in this whole house moving saga, there were no offers of replacement, no help, no apologies from Earth Transport Service (ETS). Do you want to put your stressful house moving service in the hands of Earth Transport Service (ETS). Please think twice!

10 hours ago, LynnYang said:

Looking for house moving service in Singapore?

Earth Transport Service is not your trusted house movers. Our happy event turned into a horrible experience. Here is an honest and genuine review about Earth Transport Services.

We engaged Earth Transport Services on 11 August. There were numerous email, text messages and phone confirmation; I received the last confirmation again from them before the day of scheduled move.

We were so excited about the move, by 10am on 11 August, we were all ready waiting for the Earth Transport Service (ETS) to arrive. They did not turn up as scheduled, which made me worry because I really had to move out by that day and I had to call to ask and the person who received my call seemed surprised about the hiccup. Minutes later, another person called and he claimed that he could not get in touch with the team supervisor, but promised to find out what went wrong. Laterr, I received a few pictures of a lightly damaged truck. The head light was smashed and the bumper was dent. There was no phone call from him, just the photos. We called to ask for more details. He said the truck was involved in an accident and could not come to our service. And he claimed that they had to report to police. Looking at the minor accident, I couldn’t comprehend the need to report police. As a matter of fact, police will not entertain such road accident unless someone was injured. When I pressed for the location of the accident and the handphone of the team supervisor, I was tactfully denied. That’s when I sensed something was not right. However, I thought a house mover running a business in Singapore will not deceive their customer, we requested for alternatives; he offered a later moving at 2 pm, which we accepted.

By the time drew near, no call, confirmation or update from Earth Transport Service (ETS). Our constant calls seemed to irritate him. We were told to wait another 10 minutes while he looked for solution. 10 minutes passed and he sms that he would call us in 30 minutes. After which, we had not heard from Earth Transport Service (ETS) since. We felt we were left to bleed to death with 80 boxes and furniture lying around the house.

By 3pm, we concluded Earth Transport Service (ETS) has decided to abandon us. We frantically called many other movers, most turned us down as it was a last minute job, even next day service was not possible. Fortunately, with a help of a friend, we found her regular mover who agreed to help us move. That was almost 5pm in the evening, the team just finished their 2 house moving jobs earlier. We were very appreciative that they agreed to work overtime for us. Furthermore, we paid only $30 more than what Earth Transport Service (ETS) quoted despite the last minute arrangement. They finished the moving job at 8.30pm.

Earth Transport Service (ETS) accepted a business order from us but fail to deliver without offering remedy can only tell you something about them; Earth Transport Service (ETS) is unprofessional, irresponsible, and maybe very inexperienced in the business. Even if the road accident was ‘genuine’, it was obvious that Earth Transport Service (ETS) did not have any contingency plans in place to offer alternative solution to their client. To run a house moving business, you expect unforeseen events such as truck breakdown, road accident, staffs report sick…etc. If the road accident was ‘fake’, you’ll see clearly the business ethical values of Earth Transport Service (ETS).

The truth of the matter was that, in this whole house moving saga, there were no offers of replacement, no help, no apologies from Earth Transport Service (ETS). Do you want to put your stressful house moving service in the hands of Earth Transport Service (ETS). Please think twice!

This comment, is really really too similar to the one about Vimbox Movers in 2014 (like i said, I have done my own research and it really is not hard to find that thread) 

So, LynnYang, you are either extremely "Lucky" to be facing the almost exact same incident as "Zaza88" or you are trying to bash the company which is really not appreciated. Either ways, it is really not professional to do such a thing. The thread about Vimbox movers 2 years ago may have happened but still, it was 2 years ago and this thread is to assist users to making the right decision. You using the same scenario is not going to make users believe you so if you are a competitor or a hater please leave this thread alone. I have flagged your post as inappropriate. 

Thank you. 

Lynnyang is obviously trying to bash ETS. This is very unprofessional, most likely a competitor. The thread about Vimbox that they copied was so long ago, and it is almost logically impossible to experience the same thing after 2 long years. Its really funny how people can be so childish. 

Dear readers, please do not fall for such tricks. If a thread seems like its a personal vendetta against a certain company, it most likely is. A thread like the one about Vimbox Movers 2 years ago also seems like it is a personal vendetta but oh well it was 2 years ago so who cares. Vimbox provided me with good service and I enjoyed it. So either Vimbox improved or that thread is crap. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Brother Movers & Transportation

98538909 (Ben) / 94491818 (Marcus)

brothermover2014@gmail.com

Can call and ask for quotation first. That time I have some items from store wanna move to my house, they actually wrapped up everything first, in order not to damage my stuffs, then move. Good and reasonable price. I think it is a newly startup company and wants to build up their reputation. Can say is "ah put" intro one, maybe can get some discount.

Untitled.png

• Like 2

Thank you for the recommendation above. I will of course do my own research and see if its credibility. I will based it on most current events. Thank you once again for feeding my thread about movers.  

• Like 1

On a side note, one of my client personally used Vimbox Movers and it went great. They really liked their service. I think to be fair to Vimbox Movers and everyone here, I feel that even though they have quite abit of bad reviews here, the reviews were all a long time ago and it is not fair to judge Vimbox based on an event that happened a long time ago. #giveVimboxachance 

I think that Vimbox Movers have made improvements to their company and their standards went up (I hope I dont recommend them to clients and it turns out that Vimbox hasnt improved) So, my client actually wrote a review on their Facebook page. Of course the fact that they gave them a "Facebook Discount" may have help but they really liked the service from Vimbox movers. 

You guys can check it out at https://www.facebook.com/vimboxmovers.sg/reviews (My clients identity will be kept a secret of course)

Okay so besides Vimbox, I still need more information about the local movers. Vimbox alone isnt enough to handle everyone who uses this thread. So apart from them, are there any users here who would like to share their experience with the movers in Singapore?

Thank you so much! 

• Thanks 1

Dear Readers,

Upon request, here is my honest opinion about Vimbox Movers. To be perfectly honest, I cant really rmb the name of their team leader but I can remember that I had a really good experience with them. They were recommended to me by my renovation consultant (who did a great job btw).

Upon contacting them, Vimbox movers did a good job answering all my queries about their services, their storage facilities and things that just come to mind when youre about to place your goods in a warehouse that does not belong to you. Vimbox actually assured me and brought me through the steps of what I should expect. I had a really decent experience with them, so I would say that 2 years ago, they may have had their tough times but now, they are as good as a local moving company can get. 

The link that "Yupitshailey" gave above is a good source to see how good they are. They apparently did the move for our local actress Michelle Chong. How could Michelle Chong choose a mover that does not live up to their reputation? Or a mover that is not decent. Vimbox Movers is definitely your trusted mover. 

I have actually recommended them to a few of my colleagues who in turn had a pretty decent experience with them, so really, why not?

For any queries, if you think I can help, PM me and I will get back to you as soon as I can. 

Have a good night everybody! 

• Like 1

Dear all, 

Thank you for your contribution thus far. It is truly truly appreciated. But please take note that this thread is mainly for other users and myself to assess which mover company in Singapore is your trusted service provider. Please take note that you can post your personal experience and what not but please ensure that they are at the very least credible. 

Here is my opinion about Vimbox Movers:-

For Zaza88, we can all note that your thread about Vimbox movers that you created, was 2 years ago, and personally, it brings about alot of questions because if you bothered to read this thread, there seems to be an extremely similar post about another moving company. Also, you recently came back and posted a few comments about Vimbox Movers after 2 years. If that event really happened 2 years ago, I sincerely doubt that a bad moving experience would still have you feeling so much "negativity" for the company. 

But also, I do agree to a certain extend that customers would not really post good reviews about a company unless there is an incentive for them. In my line of work, recommendations would be made only if both parties were to benefit from it. So, Angelaa, it would be appreciated if you explained yourself more clearly with regards to your relations with Vimbox.

With that said, as much as it can be said that Michelle Chong was a sponsorship, I sincerely doubt that Vimbox movers would have gotten Michelle Chong to agree to do her house moving if they were not professional. I mean, as a celebrity, of course her team would have to do their due diligence before agreeing to anything. Considering that she said good stuff about Vimbox Movers, I would trust that they did a pretty decent job. Also, Vimbox Movers have quite abit of good reviews on Facebook, so I think its quite clear how they service is like as a mover company. 

So in my honest opinion, I feel that Vimbox have improved over the years. My clients have moved with them, and I have also decided to try them out at the end of the month. I have gotten a time slot for them to have a look at my things and will get a quote from them. 

But for now, can we please stop about Vimbox movers? What if they cannot accommodate all my clients? And everyone needs an alternative point of view. So can we move on from Vimbox and to other movers? 

THANK YOU!