Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Rica

How to Save Time and Money When Moving Out, Seriously?

"It’s a busy day at work but I can’t stop thinking about my entire place waiting to be sorted. I’m moving out this weekend and I don’t even know what to pack first. 

No one’s gonna be there to help me move. Should I rent a lorry and move my stuff on my own or should I just hire a mover? Grrr, not again.

What am I gonna do with this wardrobe and my single bed? I don’t need them anymore but I gotta pay to throw them away? Unbelievable. 

I should give it to Salvation Army…what, it will take them a month to pick it up? Why is it so hard to donate furniture in Singapore?"

This is exactly how the pressure of moving gets to me, almost every year. In 12 years of living here, I’ve moved 8 times. I lost count on the number of movers, property agents, and owners who tried to cut corners at my expense. 

I wish you never had to go through this but if you’re an immigrant who calls Singapore home, an exchange student or simply living on your own, this would sound all too familiar. 

If there’s only one thing that I learned that made moving a lot easier, it’s this: LIGHTEN UP. Get rid of everything you hardly use; old stuff that you no longer need. It’s gonna cost to bring them to your new place and it’s gonna cost to throw them away. So don’t.

There are good people out there who will be happy to take stuff you no longer need. You can donate it to someone on Free Loved Furniture group or post it on a recycling community, Freevo Nation, to clear it fast and free of charge.

The point of all these is to make someone happy; yourself. Moving to a new place is supposed to be an exciting thought!

Now breathe in, breathe out, you got this.   

Edited by Rica

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation