Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
armani, mine's a non-inverter. But it was only installed last fri and reno is undergoing now so haven't try yet. But my hubby has friends who own air con servicing shops and they told us to get either panasonic or daikin. so we got panasonic base on what they say. sorry, not able to comment much. Regarding yr purchase of sanitary wares (Taps, wc, sinks etc) i believe heading down to choose with yr partner is a better idea. as u mentioned yr contractor is yr kopi kaki, if u realise (or think) that he got a more expensive deal for you, i.e. he took some commision form yr purchase, that'll probably make u see him in a diff light and jeopardise yr kopi kaki relationship. So, to me, i would hunt on my own to get what i want since taste is something that's very subjective. These items are fixtures so if he chose something u dun like, it's probably gonna be an eye sore to u for some time. But u must have the luxury of time to hunt on yr own though.

Anyone heading to tanglin halt later abt 4pm? I'll be dropping by to see see look look at my reno.

thanks for all the info.

i just bought my ariston 30L storage heater, ellane cooker hob, hood, kitchen tap and sink from poh joo as recommended by most of the ppl in this forum. really cheaper than the shop "chuan heng" which my contractor recommended.

my hse currently under reno too. contractor just ordered sand. haven really started work. guess he'll be coordinating the wiring tml i guess. hope he'll do a good job. btw, which unit are u at?

We managed to get Starhub. But they had to come and activate for us. the silly thing is they said coz our electrician relocated our point, they had to open the original point to check before they activate. now i have only starhub in my MBR but not in my living room coz my living room point is blocked by my built in cupboard... grrr

Continue with my encounter:

When the HDB antenna guy came, he warned me that since we had shifted our antenna point, starhub might not want to activate it for us. This is because the contractor who did the antenna point for HDB is certified by starhub as well, so you see the label on the antenna box, "Do not alter or tamper." Accordingly, starhub reserved their rights not to activate the point for you simply because you had shifted it because once they put the sticker on the box and something goes wrong, they will have to be responsible for it. But some nice contractors may do it for you, depends on their 'mood'.

So when the starhub guy came, I was praying hard that he will not be fussy - ask my wife to speak to him, quickly offer drinks and switch on the aircon. Turned out to be a nice foreigner (think Burmese or Vietnamese) who also said the same thing as the hdb antenna guy, but he said he will activate for me and proceed to put the sticker on the shifted antenna box. He did not even check my original antenna point.

So I guess you got a nasty one instead - maybe can call starhub later and try to get another contractor to come?

eh....for your info, motorman is oda, oda is motorman....hehe...motorman is my ID in singaporebrides.com

btw, thanks for having us there yesterday, very much appreciated. :dunno:

No problem! Feel free to drop by for a drink when you a free... :dunno:

haiya... so sad! see how la... now we have the MioTv on trial in the living room. so if all goes well we have starhub in the bedroom and mio in the living room.

haiya... so sad! see how la... now we have the MioTv on trial in the living room. so if all goes well we have starhub in the bedroom and mio in the living room.

Oh you got singnet broadband also?? Mine just installed 1 hr ago...hehe...so now happily surfing here...

The mio tv nothing to watch one leh...all must purchase, only video-on-demand, curse of golden flower and street fighter, which watched a long time ago liao... :dunno:

Hi Guys.

Ok, this may not be the best forum to ask this but just wondering, is anyone here considering to rent out their unit or knows someone who wish to rent out their unit? I'm looking for a 2+1 f/f unit @ Blk 90, Tanglin Halt. 3+1 can be considered if the budget is OK.

I'm NOT an agent if you're wondering. Me and my fiance are both Malaysians (EP holders) looking to rent a HDB @ Tanglin Halt near the MRT station.

Thanks!

Edited by enrisa

hi all,

i've heard from some agents that there'll be a good bargain for internet subscription during sitex 2007. guess they are giving away some really good stuffs like desktop PC, laptops. it's gng to be better than comex 2007. so u can wait if u want to get real good deals.

oooh.. armani, when and where's this sitex 2007? (Sorry, i'm not a fan of technology) .

29th november to 2dec at singapore expo halls 5 and 6

Hi Guys, I am getting my keys to a unit at Blk 90 in October.

Currently having headache deciding which contract/ID to do the unit.

Regards. Evad

Any one got near miss while driving up/down from the MSCP?

They should install some mirrors along the bend... some drivers very reckless, especially those workers who are renovating the units there...

Any one got near miss while driving up/down from the MSCP?

They should install some mirrors along the bend... some drivers very reckless, especially those workers who are renovating the units there...

had a near miss with one driver driving down on the opposite side of the down ramp while me going up :bangwall:

at least he was very apologetic about it

Edited by deepakvali

I believe it should be a matter of time for them to install convex mirrors there, maybe waiting for stock. They have this at most two-directional ramps like this.

The designer of the MSCP must be quite dumb if s/he actually overlook such an obvious matter that even we laymen could see...

Since there's 2 ramps at both ends of the MSCP, one altenative is to make one for going up and one for going down...

This I very much agree. Good idea!

In fact, it also answers my earlier concern for safety where the delivery trucks are crowding at Sheng Siong's loading bay, causing danger as there are outgoing cars from the MSCP's ramp next to this loading bay. Thus, this ramp should be for cars going into the MSCP only because they are not in any blind spots.

Outgoing cars should use the other ramp near to the church.

Hmmz, now all we need is to find out who to feedback to - anyone knows the correct dept to call, so as to prevent ourselves from being taichi around the whole government?? :)