Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

Hi zirhk3355, haha paiseh, I must be super duper niao kana then. Haha. But since he already agree, don't care, put all those in. :jawdrop: Yeah, think must add that clause you stated..more reassuring even! :)

Sigh! Can't blame me for being stress, I'm not really enjoying the reno process, having to deal with hubby's bad temper and lack of patience and personal attacks instead of comforting reassuring words.. Today went to look at my marble dry lay, also not very satisfied, but just diam diam.. pretend I'm ok with it. Maybe I should stop being so fussy, life will be easier...

Choosing the materials to use and hoping it will match with the rest is really a chore! So stress that I'm so fussy yet it looks horrible for the end results. that fear eats me up.

i'm currently going thru my reno too. it's good to think ahead and plan for unforeseen circumstances but then if u're so niao on the reno detail then contractor will become niao too.

if u're too easy going oso not good becoz contractor will chop u. so maybe practice a bit of give and take here and there. but contract details is quite important in case contractor denies promising give u certain stuffs or not doing to specification or not willing to do rectification. if such case happens then you can still take the case to small tribunal court. but if contract not stated then there is nothing you can do.

therefore it's really difficult to be firm and at the same time not too hard on the contractor.

as for communication btw, husband and wife. better to give and take oso lor. i;ve been fierce to my wife oso.. :P needa reflect on myself too. but then sometimes really can't stand questions that are too mediocre. haiz...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Thanks for the advice. I am only intending to do it for the 3 rooms if the price is reasonable. As for the main door, I can leave it as it is. U can PM me your carpenter's contact?

Since you are doing for room doors, why don't just change the door ? Since the room doors are not fire rated, they shouldnt cost as much as the main door.

Btw, thanks for having us at your place yday :)

Since you are doing for room doors, why don't just change the door ? Since the room doors are not fire rated, they shouldnt cost as much as the main door.

Btw, thanks for having us at your place yday :sport-smiley-004:

U r welcome. need u to fwd me the details for the switches as well.

My email is yapck@yahoo.com.sg

Do invite me to your place once its nicely done up yeah!

Sorry, yday wasnt able to entertain much due to the drilling works that need to be done.

I was thinking of not wasting the doors thus nvr change them.

Need to find out the cost between changing VS painting.

i feel its how much u trust and get along with the iD.....

for myself, i let him do all the work and end of the day take over the place pretty much fuss free.

if u can trust him and let him do his work, prob he will have more breathing space and would do a more satisfying job...

juz like urself at work, would you like your boss breathing down ur neck?

cheers

Hi everyone, true true..will take all your words into consideration. Got to strike a balance between being cautious yet without being too niao ji! :P

My reno will not be ready by 15 Dec, hubby told me will be around mid Jan, cos the marble takes time to dry...timber strip also takes time...so in-between lots of waiting for the drying. Abit sad, but it's ok lah, as long as before Chinese New Year!:P :P

Edited by JS21

Hi What do your mean by marble takes tme to dry? What sort of marble you using?

Hi everyone, true true..will take all your words into consideration. Got to strike a balance between being cautious yet without being too niao ji! zz

My reno will not be ready by 15 Dec, hubby told me will be around mid Jan, cos the marble takes time to dry...timber strip also takes time...so in-between lots of waiting for the drying. Abit sad, but it's ok lah, as long as before Chinese New Year!:notti: :notti:

Marble lady told us before laying marble must lay cement first, then let it take 2 weeks to dry, mininum 10 days. After that lay marble, another 2 weeks waiting! That's one month gone already. zz

Next step, cement screed the bedroom floor by HDB, takes 2 weeks to dry. Then lay timber strip, another 2 weeks. Total 2 months gone!zz:notti:

My aircon trunking not yet lay also, cos aircon salesman said he need to know floor height before laying trunking, which means my aircon trunking can only be done after whole house flooring is done. Gotta protect flooring!

I was hoping to do aircon trunking first, but now cannot cos we still dunno floor height and my marble flooring work supposed to start this week! :notti: Was hoping no need protect flooring, let them knock knock bang bang, don't care. Now extra work needed to protect flooring.

hmmm.. strange.. cos we are doing marble it only take a week to cement n lay.

What kind of marble are you using? Compressed? Lime Stone? Natural?

Marble lady told us before laying marble must lay cement first, then let it take 2 weeks to dry, mininum 10 days. After that lay marble, another 2 weeks waiting! That's one month gone already. zz

Next step, cement screed the bedroom floor by HDB, takes 2 weeks to dry. Then lay timber strip, another 2 weeks. Total 2 months gone!zz:notti:

My aircon trunking not yet lay also, cos aircon salesman said he need to know floor height before laying trunking, which means my aircon trunking can only be done after whole house flooring is done. Gotta protect flooring!

I was hoping to do aircon trunking first, but now cannot cos we still dunno floor height and my marble flooring work supposed to start this week! :notti: Was hoping no need protect flooring, let them knock knock bang bang, don't care. Now extra work needed to protect flooring.

Edited by SPACE

screeding takes 2 weeks to dry?

thats a bit too long

if i m not wrong screeding takes only 2 days to dry

Mine's natural. That's her recommendation, must check with my contracter to see what he says. But most likely will follow her advice to be safe.

What kind of marble is yours?

Cement screed only 2 days?! Yipee!:notti: But I'll double check with parquet company to be sure of best steps to take. Rather don't take short cut.

normally if planning is done right, ur contractor can do the screeding first then continue with doin other works whilst waiting for the screeding to dry...it will be pretty amazing if he has to do 1 part of the renovation at a time meaning to say...put tiles first, complete then can move on to another portion of the renovation.

cheers

Actually I'm also quite confused. I also thought for marble, they lay cement and paste the marble on top, then wait to dry for 2 weeks. But dunno why the marble supplier told us to cement screed first, wait for 2 weeks for it to dry thoroughly, then lay marble with some rubbery glue to seal it and wait another 2 weeks, total 1 month! If done correctly, will prevent popping out of marble.

I think you mean why not cement screed the whole house at one go instead of in 2 parts. I think the reason why is that the cement height for marble and parquet is different. So we gotta know the marble height, then cement screed the parquet accordingly. Our living/dining will be cement screed by contracter, and bedrooms by HDB. Honestly, there're so many parties involved, namely contracter, parquet people, and HDB cement screeders..the communication must be very smooth, and we must know exactly what to do, and different people tell us different things. Our timber strip flooring also has layer of plywood beneath, so must factor that in. :notti:

Is there are better way aorund this????:P:dunno: Our contracter said it's better to get HDB to cement screed first. And as you know, HDB takes forever to do things! Then parquet people said marble should be done first, know the height first..etc

Also, if while waiting for tiles to dry, how to do other parts of the house? In this case, will disturb the drying process since other parts of house must excess by walking through the curing floor.

YA if you ever see those contractor who has done screeding for any corridor or whereever, u realised it dry really fast usually the next day will be dry.

screeding takes 2 weeks to dry?

thats a bit too long

if i m not wrong screeding takes only 2 days to dry

U r welcome. need u to fwd me the details for the switches as well.

My email is yapck@yahoo.com.sg

Do invite me to your place once its nicely done up yeah!

Sorry, yday wasnt able to entertain much due to the drilling works that need to be done.

I was thinking of not wasting the doors thus nvr change them.

Need to find out the cost between changing VS painting.

You can see the clipsal and legrand products on their website.

some of the prices are found in this thread, courtsey of another forumer.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?s=...st&p=232306

I also checked the prices with CCM, and should be buying within this 2 weeks. Just no decide on the range..

I seen the cables behind the hdb switches, they are of same colour usually, so you need to take note of earth, neutral and live points if you want to ownself fix.

Contracter told my hubby the type of laying that was recommended to us was the dry base type, which means cement screed, wait for it to dry thoroughly for 2 weeks, then lay rubbery cement and paste marble on top, wait another 2 weeks. More work lor, and he say he can do it for us.

Hubby also explain after cement screeding living/dining area, 2-4 days later, can ask HDB people to start cement screeding bedrooms. Then together wait for 10 more days, before laying marble. Wait 2 weeks for marble to dry, then can immediately start laying timber strip. Can save 2 weeks this way, total 1.5 months, provided can coordinate everyone to be on schedule.