Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

For those staying at Blk 91, recently there is this group of Indian youngsters playing at the void deck lift landing of our blk, and they seems to be playing "hamtam bola". Saw them in action a few times, stared back at them and they knowingly stopped playing. Not sure if they are the same group playing "Risk" at Blk 91 but playing "hamtam bola" at the lift landing sure is dangerous. I have sent an email to the TC to feedback on this.

Hi sakae sushi, my HTB interested to know which level it occured. Any idea? :dunno:

Somebody jumped, somebody died, I dun think it really matters which floor they took off.

Edited by TYM

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
For those staying at Blk 91, recently there is this group of Indian youngsters playing at the void deck lift landing of our blk, and they seems to be playing "hamtam bola". Saw them in action a few times, stared back at them and they knowingly stopped playing. Not sure if they are the same group playing "Risk" at Blk 91 but playing "hamtam bola" at the lift landing sure is dangerous. I have sent an email to the TC to feedback on this.

Its irritating! Now the pillars/walls are getting spots. Once I even saw them using the service door to hide. Their risk game has transform into "risk injuries", no pain no gain. :curse:

in an estate like ours with extreme diversity in our backgrounds, what has been highlighted is to be expected. for a more serene environment, punggol estate are one of the nicer ones albeit its relative distance to town.

anyway there arent many civic counscious hdb owners out there, i have personally seen the immediate corridor or residents littered with so much foreign objects yet they are able to continue to walk in and out of the door in pure oblivion.

there are also residents who share the common rubbish bin area without any respect for other users either by just leaving their trash on the ground or disposing them in an improper manner.

when will these people wake up from their sleepwalk that this is their estate and not a public place? whatever filth they add will mean they will also live amidst these filth....pure amazing ;)

sometimes just take a look at the way pedestrains walk along the drive way from blk 88 towards blk 90....damnz, there is a newly constructed pedestrian walkway but these limkangpoots choose to walk on the road and put risk to drivers (i am assuming their life = worthless and meaningless so not mentioning about it)

again my 1cent worth on a hot/bright monday, grouching away again

Edited by deepakvali

thats one of the reality of staying in hdb..

pple jumping, kids playing all sorts of games, shady characters from other neighbourhoods hanging ard.

now this estate looks all nice n clean.. give it a few more years, colours start to fade, litter all over, lifts got funny smells, etc.

upside is the location, good long term prospects in terms of value.

can't have it all... but its good enough still.

Hi all future neighbours (i hope :) )

Someone jumped from Tanglin Halt? When it occured? Can some one share?

Sigh, my hubby was one of those who witnessed the incident, as shared earlier. He didn't see him jump but saw the body as he was walking back from the shops. Happened sometime in March. Like I've also mentioned, we shd all try to avoid walking under that area, like what Zirhk has shared, not afraid of becoming a victim of suicidal people but victims of killer litters. From a great height of 40th level, even a small harmless cup can prove fatal, not to mention other stuff like bricks and chairs! :jawdrop:

The newspaper mentioned chinese leh? From the old tanglin neighbour estate. Stay out of shares. I reckon more ppl jump around the whole of singapore. For our estate, it sooner or later. Please let the incident past. :(

Can u remember which papers reported? The tabloids SM & WB? I actually looked in the papers after the incident but didn't see anything leh.

Somebody jumped, somebody died, I dun think it really matters which floor they took off.

Pardon me for my ignorance. What is hamtam bola huh? :dunno:

I think forummer want to make sure dun choose the same level... :unsure::dunno:

hi all.... i just found something not right with regards to the toilet bowl piping system. i realise that normally for older estates the piping used to be U-shaped instead of the normal slanted pipings.

just go to ur toilet and stand in front of ur toilet bowl and look up. u shd be able to see ur neighbour upstair's toilet bowl waste piping. that's how i realise that the piping is piped slanted instead of the regular U-shape. I dono if this is the normal kind of piping for all older estates but it's at least true for my parent's hse in woodlands.

perhaps there's nothing wrong with the toilet bowls HDB gave but more of a piping problem.

Anyone who has a plumber fren or is a plumber himself inside this forum? pls do shed some light on this issue. if the piping is really the problem then i guess we might wanna alert hdb bout this.

i haven changed my toilet bowl as yet. but i do hv flushing problem as well. just that i will always flush twice to make sure whatever "ahem" is fully flushed out. i guess those that has changed their toilet bowl twice or more shd have a better stand to clear the air with hdb becoz no point keep changing toilet bowl when "perhaps" the problem probably lie with the piping itself.

The U-shape at the base is required for squating type of WC. Normal siting WC has a integrated U-tube. The function of the U-tube is just to retain the water so that no odour will come out from the waste drain.

Sigh, my hubby was one of those who witnessed the incident, as shared earlier. He didn't see him jump but saw the body as he was walking back from the shops. Happened sometime in March. Like I've also mentioned, we shd all try to avoid walking under that area, like what Zirhk has shared, not afraid of becoming a victim of suicidal people but victims of killer litters. From a great height of 40th level, even a small harmless cup can prove fatal, not to mention other stuff like bricks and chairs! :jawdrop:

Can u remember which papers reported? The tabloids SM & WB? I actually looked in the papers after the incident but didn't see anything leh.

My in-law told us it's from SM.

Hamtam=beat/hit bola=ball

Using balls as projectiles to hurl at opposing team with the aim of hitting them and knocking them out of the game. Used to play when we were in primary school, using tennis ball/baseball.

yupe thats what we have been thinking.... :unsure:

Ok, my bad. But sometime, ignorance is bliss.

I think forummer want to make sure dun choose the same level... :unsure::dunno:

Heard from a neighbour who stayed in that block that the "Indian" man jumped from the 17th floor :dunno: I personally heard the loud sound and thought something exploded till my neighbor next door alerted me that we have the first case of suicide in the neighborhood.

Anyway been away for sometime and last Thursday decided to take my mom for a walk at the MSCP garden. To my utter disgust... saw lots of crude graffiti probably done by some irresponsible youths :furious: And its barely a year that we moved in :(

I feel like caning those delinquent myself if I ever catch them scribbling and doodling on the walls 8|

The neighbourhood is only 1 year old but already it is looking like 2-3 years old with all the graffitti, vandalism, broken/damaged doors at MSCP, urine smell at MSCP stairwell etc etc... sad ... :(

The U-shape at the base is required for squating type of WC. Normal siting WC has a integrated U-tube. The function of the U-tube is just to retain the water so that no odour will come out from the waste drain.

oh i see.... that means to say that the piping has no problem lor?

Hi guys..thanks for the info.. really hope we can be future neighbours! :dancingqueen:

Really looking forward to the selection

Edited by pongy

The neighbourhood is only 1 year old but already it is looking like 2-3 years old with all the graffitti, vandalism, broken/damaged doors at MSCP, urine smell at MSCP stairwell etc etc... sad ... :(

I think at the end of the day, we must face up to the fact that a HDB block's common areas are still public spaces, ie anyone can walk in/out. Thus we cannot compare ourselves to a condominium where there are security and dedicated management to take care of the facilities.

Well, at least this is what I usually tell myself to feel better!! :notti::P