Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

Hey why nobody gives field report on thum??

Welcome sohzai to put a face to his nick! Also I think wayne's wife found her long-lost friend too... :P

So when are the other newbies coming for thum? Stay tuned, next saturday...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Welcome sohzai to put a face to his nick! Also I think wayne's wife found her long-lost friend too... :P

Hi hi,

I saw THUM and was really excited by it, but I work till 5pm every sat ... sad... one of our off days, we will come down :)

Ha... sincerely, I doubt I would find anyone i knew from my past from here... we are from the far east... and to get this flat was purely by grace :) Its good.. just that my unit faces the west sun from the rooms to the mbr .. well.. welcome to reality in singapore - my hubby said that to me - its either the sun, the rubbish chute or the mrt :)

So have you all visted each others' home? I think we are only getting our keys in August .. .hehhe

And yes, so far the frist 1D quotation I received is 55k ... hahhahaha I seriously thought it felt wrong, then when read through the forum, it comfirmed the mistake :)

Hi hi,

I saw THUM and was really excited by it, but I work till 5pm every sat ... sad... one of our off days, we will come down :)

Well, for the records last sat we finished at about 6+. Do give us a call before you come down, usually we will be around. Sometimes, after THUM we will split up and meet again at night for drinks at one of our homes. The group was drinking wine at jule's place the saturday before, too bad I was not able to join...

haha...thanks..the 2 of them are faculty-mates in nus. Small world..

Krhiz..may I ask if you still remember the colour of toilet and kitchen tiles for Blk 89(presuming the whole block is the same colour scheme)?

Khriz I tot you took some pics after the THUM ended? Picture says a thousand words...better than a field report...hehe...Saw you took out ur camera phone and positioned it in some angle...unless you are just posing for fun?...:P

Khriz I tot you took some pics after the THUM ended? Picture says a thousand words...better than a field report...hehe...Saw you took out ur camera phone and positioned it in some angle...unless you are just posing for fun?...:P

Haha...I thought all siam-ed? Anyway oda..if you are looking at going to the show to look for lcd TVs, i can go along with ya..cause i need to help my niece decide on her SLR and also do some market research on the current prices of a 42inch tv. Probably not buying, but don't mind scouting around.

I did take!! But all the pics are like xxx running away from police, everyone siam and leaving an empty table...

Erm if you want I can post that too, no problem...hehe :notti:

haha...thanks..the 2 of them are faculty-mates in nus. Small world..

Krhiz..may I ask if you still remember the colour of toilet and kitchen tiles for Blk 89(presuming the whole block is the same colour scheme)?

Erm, my kitchen tiles are white, the common toilet is blue and my master toilet is beige.

However I think there's a difference between 5-rm and 4-rm...

Well, for the records last sat we finished at about 6+. Do give us a call before you come down, usually we will be around. Sometimes, after THUM we will split up and meet again at night for drinks at one of our homes. The group was drinking wine at jule's place the saturday before, too bad I was not able to join...

Alamak, I went down at 3pm but din see anyone...end up buy dessert back home...

Erm, my kitchen tiles are white, the common toilet is blue and my master toilet is beige.

Oh..ok...thanks! anyone else who can help me with my query? hehe....thanks in advance!

Hmm.....in terms of brand, price, quality, function, etc, I think I must set my priorities right before making a decision at the PC show or at any GSS shops. For example if you saw a brand new 37" LCD TV at S$799, but the brand you never heard of, I will feel unsafe about the reliability of the TV, or maybe you saw a Sony Bravia at below market price, you may wonder why they wanna sell so cheap, is there anything wrong with the TV? These so-called 'gimicks' really can make me stop and think twice lor....sianz...

I think sometimes must really go for the gut feeling ba plus those comments and recommendations from you all. Anyway, I must thank everybody for that, very much appreciated. :)

By the way, nice to see new neighbours here... :yamseng:

Three brands i always recommend... Samsung, Sharp and Sony...

Panansonic and LG can also be consider... Depend on the price....

This yr 40/42 inch is the highlight... get something smaller then this will be very cheap...

Two things to look out for (Digital Tuner control module and resolution colour)

PC show can get good price... I bought my samsung 32 inch HD ready for 850...

Oh..ok...thanks! anyone else who can help me with my query? hehe....thanks in advance!

sohzai, you can go to the sgbride forum to check it out the kitchen floor colour although not that clear...

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/...html?1185606909

Three brands i always recommend... Samsung, Sharp and Sony...

Panansonic and LG can also be consider... Depend on the price....

This yr 40/42 inch is the highlight... get something smaller then this will be very cheap...

Two things to look out for (Digital Tuner control module and resolution colour)

PC show can get good price... I bought my samsung 32 inch HD ready for 850...

Thanks Wayne, I know you are the expert on this... :notti:

Btw, the 32" you mentioned is ur living room one? or you have another one in the bedroom? Is 32" big enough? my brother said 32" should be big enough but that day at THUM, TYM told me maybe too small, i dunno...maybe depend on personal feel...32" or 37"?....hmmm :dunno:

Haha...I thought all siam-ed? Anyway oda..if you are looking at going to the show to look for lcd TVs, i can go along with ya..cause i need to help my niece decide on her SLR and also do some market research on the current prices of a 42inch tv. Probably not buying, but don't mind scouting around.

ok, sure...but i dun have transport leh...by the way, can i cash and carry a 32" LCD TV in mrt or buses? Or i sit at ur bike behind carry the tv!? haha... :P

Edited by oda

Btw, the 32" you mentioned is ur living room one? or you have another one in the bedroom? Is 32"ig enough? my brother 32" big enough but that day at THUM, TYM told me maybe too small, i dunno...maybe depend on personal feel...32" or 37"?....hmmm :dunno:

Personal preference.

Same for Blk 91, but i think kitchen not really white, its the same colour as common toilet.

sohzai, you can go to the sgbride forum to check it out the kitchen floor colour although not that clear...

Btw, the 32" you mentioned is ur living room one? or you have another one in the bedroom? Is 32"ig enough? my brother 32" big enough but that day at THUM, TYM told me maybe too small, i dunno...maybe depend on personal feel...32" or 37"?....hmmm :dunno:

ok, sure...but i dun have transport leh...by the way, can i cash and carry a 32" LCD TV in mrt or buses? Or i sit at ur bike behind carry the tv!? haha... :P

Ok..thanks! I try to read up to see if I can find any information. Personally, depending on how far you are away from your TV. Mine currently both 32 inch, just nice for my room and living room. But think it may be a little small for the next living room as the sofa is going to be quite a distance away.

Cash and carry can..but the box will be way too big for public transportation. Without pillon, I can only take up to 26inch lcd. 32inch..wah cannot liaoz..imagine a bulky parachute behind me..somemore plus pillon..haha..want to bring home yourself, better to have a car....

Personal Preference...

My living room 37", my master bedroom 32"

For our 4 room living room max you can go 42... view the entire screen wihtout moving your eye or head will be good, if have to moving your eye around den is too big liao

My bedroom abit special.. my viewing distance very far but i onli put 32 inch coz no budget hahha... my master bedroom ideal size is around 47"