Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

Thum sounds nice~ keke..

Haiz...I also did not like Sheng Siong using a long stretch of the road to park their unloading lorries. Turning in and out of carpark is rather hazardous. We all all patrons of our Sheng Siong, but I do think they should have much better logistics. The unloading bay is not for them to place their goods and park their lorries all over the place.

Its not really sheng siong's fault; where do you expect their vendors to park? Its the architectural design that is brainless. On hindsight, sheng siong should have been moved to the end of the MSCP (nearer to the MRT), so the trucks/vans can all go cramp there one corner for all we care. But of course now that its all built, there is no way to change such the structure liao.

I have always been thinking about this, so if I had my way, this is what I will do:

To make use of what we have, I suggest that the two ramp-ups can be converted to one way; going up is at the end of the MSCP (near to MRT), while coming down should be the one near to sheng siong's loading/unloading bay. And after coming down from the MSCP, all vehicles should be made to turn left ONLY to exit, while turn right should be blocked up.

As for the main entrance (where the zebra crossing is), it should be made to be turn left for MSCP and turn right for loading/unloading. To go to the residential blocks, we should drive all the way to the entrance near the primary school and turn in.

One more thing, are we guys going to wash cars together some time soon? I thought that's a nice time to chat and bond. :) But I know some of us are lazy lahz..kekeke..

Good idea; though I have not washed car myself for the last 6 years, now that I changed to a 'smaller' ride it would be a good time to start over. Anyone got that portable sprayer for carwash?? Its so useful and convenient, like going to those professional manual carwash, just spray on the soap, spray off and wipe. Save water too! Saw a few models before, but quite ex leh. If we can regularise our carwash sessions, maybe can share to invest in one... ;)

One eg I saw:

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...7&indexURL=

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Thum sounds nice~ keke..

Haiz...I also did not like Sheng Siong using a long stretch of the road to park their unloading lorries. Turning in and out of carpark is rather hazardous. We all all patrons of our Sheng Siong, but I do think they should have much better logistics. The unloading bay is not for them to place their goods and park their lorries all over the place.

One more thing, are we guys going to wash cars together some time soon? I thought that's a nice time to chat and bond. :) But I know some of us are lazy lahz..kekeke..

May I know do you engage the car washing contractor that handles the car washing over at our MSCP? I was approached by him and he told me that they does car washing for us every day and charges $40 for a month. I was wondering does anyone here engages their services?

Its not really sheng siong's fault; where do you expect their vendors to park? Its the architectural design that is brainless. On hindsight, sheng siong should have been moved to the end of the MSCP (nearer to the MRT), so the trucks/vans can all go cramp there one corner for all we care. But of course now that its all built, there is no way to change such the structure liao.

I have always been thinking about this, so if I had my way, this is what I will do:

To make use of what we have, I suggest that the two ramp-ups can be converted to one way; going up is at the end of the MSCP (near to MRT), while coming down should be the one near to sheng siong's loading/unloading bay. And after coming down from the MSCP, all vehicles should be made to turn left ONLY to exit, while turn right should be blocked up.

As for the main entrance (where the zebra crossing is), it should be made to be turn left for MSCP and turn right for loading/unloading. To go to the residential blocks, we should drive all the way to the entrance near the primary school and turn in.

Good idea; though I have not washed car myself for the last 6 years, now that I changed to a 'smaller' ride it would be a good time to start over. Anyone got that portable sprayer for carwash?? Its so useful and convenient, like going to those professional manual carwash, just spray on the soap, spray off and wipe. Save water too! Saw a few models before, but quite ex leh. If we can regularise our carwash sessions, maybe can share to invest in one... ;)

One eg I saw:

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...7&indexURL=

Not a bad idea for 1 direction at each ramp.

Wah...we make do with pails first lahz..haha..

May I know do you engage the car washing contractor that handles the car washing over at our MSCP? I was approached by him and he told me that they does car washing for us every day and charges $40 for a month. I was wondering does anyone here engages their services?

If want to share a pail of soapy water with 100 cars, you can engage him. :D

Take some exercise and join us for carwash! Otherwise there are quite a few manual car wash at the various petrol kiosks nearby...

Take some exercise and join us for carwash! Otherwise there are quite a few manual car wash at the various petrol kiosks nearby...

I volunteer my hubby. haha..

How about this sunday? Say 3pm? Will not be washing mine thou, just cleaning up the inerior.

How about this sunday? Say 3pm? Will not be washing mine thou, just cleaning up the inerior.

Finally see some hope of materialising...haha..

But me out at sentosa for sunday...how about tonight after 10pm? kekekeke...

Anyone here guilty of this??

Haha...I will also push the trolleys up to my flat if there's alot of things, but always made it a point to push it back...although sometimes not immediately lah. ;P

--------

June 1, 2009

Trolley thieves EXPOSED

Supermarkets lose up to 100 trolleys each month. They are either stolen, missing or are found abandoned. Amanda Tan & Yeo Sam Jo trawl the streets and 12 supermarkets to find out where these trolleys end up, who takes them, and why.

trolley1.jpg

---

trolley.jpg

AT DOWNTOWN East yesterday, two women emerged from NTUC FairPrice and had difficulty carrying their bags of groceries to the nearby Costa Sands Resort.

Their solution: Push the trolley from the shopping centre to the chalet, where they were staying for the weekend.

The women, who refused to be named, claimed to be Hong Kong tourists on holiday and cited convenience as their excuse for walking away with the trolley.

'We have to buy a lot of things for our barbecue,' said one woman in Mandarin. 'It was quite a distance to carry.'

The other woman said: 'We saw other people doing it, so we just followed.'

Indeed.

When The Straits Times visited Costa Sands Resort Downtown East, it found at least two other FairPrice trolleys abandoned in the compound.

Mr Prakash Gartoula, a cleaner at the resort, sees people wheeling these trolleys to their chalets about three times a day.

'Some return the trolleys,' said the 28-year-old. 'But most of them don't.'

He added that the problem is most prevalent on Friday nights, when many people check into the resort and buy a lot of groceries for their stay.

Cleaners at Goldkist Beach Resort in the East Coast echo Mr Gartoula's claims.

There, ST found at least four abandoned trolleys from FairPrice and Giant Hypermarket yesterday evening.

The cleaners themselves were using them as make-shift carriers for cleaning equipment and rubbish.

Workers at both resorts said supermarket staff come around once in a while to retrieve the trolleys.

At Parkway Parade's Giant Hypermarket, packer David Lee retrieves about three trolleys from outside the mall every day.

'These people are very inconsiderate,' said the 50-year-old. 'When they chuck the trolleys, it is us who have to go out there and push them all the way back.

'Some people will burn or spoil the lock, and there will be no more coins left in the (deposit) slot.'

At Ang Mo Kio Hub's FairPrice, retail assistant Steven Tang, 22, receives several calls a week about stray trolleys. He also has to go out to retrieve them.

At least three residents in the area admitted to wheeling trolleys back home.

Retiree Sim Swee Leng, 70, said: 'My wife and I have too many groceries to carry, so we use the trolley. Sometimes we chain it to the railing outside our house ...and return it when we are free.'

But Mr Teo Thian Chua, 73, who was pushing his trolley back to the store, said he or his family members always return their trolley immediately: 'I am only borrowing it and will definitely return it.'

Mr Tang can see the customer's point of view: 'Sometimes we see an auntie with a trolley full of stuff, and we just cannot bear to ask her to return the trolley and carry everything by hand.

'So we just close one eye, and hopefully they return it.'

tamanda@sph.com.sg

yeosamjo@sph.com.sg

-------------

Copyright © 2007 Singapore Press Holdings. All rights reserved. Privacy Statement & Condition of Access

i found someone selling...wouldn't mind buying it for my own use...keke...but think take up quite a lot of space at home..

http://craversclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=2516.0

That's the distributor himself posting at CRV club...you driving a CRV??

I remember seeing another model that can spray water, then soap (snow wash!!) then water again! Not sure where is it now...forgot the website...

That's the distributor himself posting at CRV club...you driving a CRV??

I remember seeing another model that can spray water, then soap (snow wash!!) then water again! Not sure where is it now...forgot the website...

oh...haha...no lahz...no money to buy so expensive car....i just searched for it and chanced upon it in the crv forum...

Anyone got lobang good reliable locksmith around here?

need to change my metal gate handle cos its currently hitting (or rather pushing very tightly) on my main door lock screen.. :(