Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

sorry to hear that. it be hard to get someone to do it for you as its very hassle and i'm not sure if town council will allow that too cos you need to show certificates during the booking.

Sigh... Thanks though.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Chance upon this thread and forum....great to see a forum on Tanglin Halt.....

So much changes here since i was here.......

I from Blk 30.... one of the few full upgraded blocks during the first batch of Upgrading work (from 24-32).

Had been staying here for abt 20++ years....

It was so boring back then... no MRT also.

Ok details for my common room: It is fully-furnished with aircon and I am capping their utilities fees at $250; anything above will share. I also provide free wireless internet, SCV basic channels and once-a-week housekeeping services (clean room, change bedsheets, wash/iron clothes). I am asking for $900/mth, and I am already getting more than 15 calls within two days and I shown the room to more than 5 people. If nothing goes wrong I should be closing a deal with one of them at $850/mth very soon.

There are alot of agents out there wanting to do quick deal. At $500-600/mth, the tenants will be banging your door to get in, so confirm can close deal on the spot at first viewing. The only problem is to convince the landlords to accept it, which is what he is trying to do to you.

Some people think, hey higher rent the agents will get higher comm mah, why won't they help me get high rent?? To the agents, if I can CONFIRM close a $500 deal and get my comm quick, why should I work hard to TRY a $900 deal, which may not even happen? Its a no-brainer.

But low rental, landlord suffers, and in turn they will be stingy on their services to the tenants, and they also suffers. So who's the final winner?? Agents! They will be laughing away with their easy comm!

So pl don't let that happen; yes come to me if you need help on rental next time. ;P

It's been long since i last logged in.

Hi Zirhk,

I'm interested to rent out my common room as well but i have no idea how to go about it therefore i need some advice from you.

Thanks alot! :)

It's been long since i last logged in.

Hi Zirhk,

I'm interested to rent out my common room as well but i have no idea how to go about it therefore i need some advice from you.

Thanks alot! :)

In this area tanglin halt, there is a way u can try without going to agent. Look for MDIS Foreign students and study Mama... although some will stay in the hostel but they are some who does like the tight control in the hostel so they look for room nearby their school...

In this area tanglin halt, there is a way u can try without going to agent. Look for MDIS Foreign students and study Mama... although some will stay in the hostel but they are some who does like the tight control in the hostel so they look for room nearby their school...

But where should i post? and i dun think we want cheena study mama....

But where should i post? and i dun think we want cheena study mama....

You can post on the web.. international student sometime go to the web to find info around the school.

Alternatively can check with MDIS staffs.....

Hi to all Tanglin neighbours!!

I need some advice from all.. I am currently having headache on the selection of 4-room new flat for Commonwealth 10.. My Q no. is 500 plus, hence chances of getting a bigger unit on high level is rather difficult... So now... I'm indecisive.. Should I go for smaller unit - 85sqm (chance of getting high floor is higher) or go for 90sqm (chances is low as most of the units are taken... :( ) From the layout, the differences between 90sqm & 85sqm is the living room... But does anyone know what's the difference like?? Help!!

Hi Friends,

Don't know if this thread is still active or not? Or is there a facebook on tanglin halt road?

Wondering if anyone can share their experiences with bird poo, droppings on window ledges.

Is there a surefire, cheap way to prevent those birds from resting and pooing on window ledges?

Hi all,

i am new to the renotalk forums. i am currently in progress of starting reno for my tanglin halt flat (40 storey block, 5 room) and asked the aircon guy to come take a look at the trunking and installation.

can i ask what brand of aircon and model do you guys use (inverter/non-inverter), and how is the performance (Eg, if the room cools down fast enough, able to hold temp under sunlight..)

the reason i'm asking is that the aircon guy made measurements and said that a regular inverter compressor will not be able to fit out of the window nearest the window ledge. so it's either i have to adjust the window, or i have to go for a smaller (and less powerful) compressor. from my view, i can see that most ppl are using mitsubishi..

so just want to find out if anyone had this problem, and how you got around it?

hi people

can anyone confirmed if screeding of bedrooms floor for laiminated flooring is done by hdb without any fees. application is done when i collect the key, right?

thanks in advance.

i'm staying in 4 room, mounted 2 inverter compressor on top of one another but i changed my aircon window to sliding cos the original was push open so i can service or repair the compressor.