Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

Sakae, thanks. what brand, if i can ask?

daikin. issue shouldnt be about size of compressor rather if the contractor willing to find a way out to solve it or as usual, taking the easy way out

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all,

i am new to the renotalk forums. i am currently in progress of starting reno for my tanglin halt flat (40 storey block, 5 room) and asked the aircon guy to come take a look at the trunking and installation.

can i ask what brand of aircon and model do you guys use (inverter/non-inverter), and how is the performance (Eg, if the room cools down fast enough, able to hold temp under sunlight..)

the reason i'm asking is that the aircon guy made measurements and said that a regular inverter compressor will not be able to fit out of the window nearest the window ledge. so it's either i have to adjust the window, or i have to go for a smaller (and less powerful) compressor. from my view, i can see that most ppl are using mitsubishi..

so just want to find out if anyone had this problem, and how you got around it?

my compressor was too big for the aircon ledge window too.

the kitchen window is big enough though n the aircon ledge is just directly opposite the kitchen.

dun ask me how they "toss" over the compressor, that thing looks freaking big.

they hav their way, heard they put some metal board across and just "walk over" from the kitchen

my compressor was too big for the aircon ledge window too.

the kitchen window is big enough though n the aircon ledge is just directly opposite the kitchen.

dun ask me how they "toss" over the compressor, that thing looks freaking big.

they hav their way, heard they put some metal board across and just "walk over" from the kitchen

wow this is so dangerous! HDB realli cock. never think when come to designing such basic stuffs. my common toilet is so small due to the "protruding" wall that they used to conceal the pipes....

hi.. people living at tanglin halt... is it safe around this area? is it very quiet at that area at night?

how much the area cost nwadays? cause think of shifting to that area.

hi.. people living at tanglin halt... is it safe around this area? is it very quiet at that area at night?

how much the area cost nwadays? cause think of shifting to that area.

Safety so far so good, but my block sometime got ah neh sit at void deck drink beer at nite and leave behind a mess.

Most estates are quiet at night. The 2 hawker centres open quite late into the night. Sheng Siong open until 11pm.

How much now? Pretty ex for resale with the crazy prices now. Can check HDB website for resale prices.

BTW, our town council came out top in the Town Council Management Report. Is it really that clean? :dunno:

My car silver civic FD had been parking at MSCP 37B. 3B deck on last Friday to Saturday between 23 Jul nite to 24 Jul noon. Was furious to find that my car had been hit and run by some donkey. Impact of clash pushed the rear end of my civic FD onto the parking curb. I hope that if there is any kind soul that witness it and remember any details contact me by email or drop me a message. Thanks a million

Edited by CaiTao

(Source: www.HDB.gov.sg)

HDB Town Block Storey Floor Area (sqm) /Flat Model LeaseCommence Date Resale Price ResaleApprovalDate

Queenstown 91 36 to 40 90.00Model A 2008 $635,000.00 May 2010

Queenstown 89 31 to 35 90.00Model A 2008 $580,000.00 Aug 2009

WoW... if the owner bought the unit from HDB during the first ballot exercise... he should have made a profit of $314,000 before interests deduction...

Hi neighbours, any idea how do we loosen our main door swing pressure, the YTL 800BC swing box to the wooden door...Thanks in advance!

I can see there's only a single adjustment screw-like bolt that's facing the floor, but i cant seem to loosen it. Wonder is there any other catch or we can DIY ourself?

Hi neighbours, any idea how do we loosen our main door swing pressure, the YTL 800BC swing box to the wooden door...Thanks in advance!

I can see there's only a single adjustment screw-like bolt that's facing the floor, but i cant seem to loosen it. Wonder is there any other catch or we can DIY ourself?

don't think can adjust the pressure i'm using magnetic door stopper for almost 3 yrs so far so good. it's anchored to the floor. if you don't want to damage the floor can try those rubber stopper commonly available.

HTH

Oh oki, yah i do have a "push-down" stopper mounted on the door, suppose to grab the door to the floor via fricton. But over the years, it have wear off and i wonder can the door swing be loosen instead.

Thanks for clarifying sakae sushi..haha. Probably will replace or attached a friction sticker to the current stopper, so that the friction grip can function again.

Sorry for not posting for sooooo long!

Just wana update anyone here who is not looking at the FB group; we are gonna have another gathering!

Now voting for dates, either 17, 18 or 19 Dec 10; Fri evening, Sat afternoon/evening, or Sun afternoon/evening. Pl put all your available timings!

And lastly, how does potluck sound for everyone? We can list down the foods that we wana bring, so won't have duplicates! Present-exchange is definitely welcome, can be simple affair like $10 budget.

Let's confirm the date and we can start a discussion thread for organising the gathering...!

Pls PM me for details if you are keen to join... =)

Hi all,

Sorry, I have just bought a resale from Blk 90 Tanglin Halt.

it's a 4 room and I wanted to hack the wall between the kitchen and living, indeed I only wanted to hack half of it to mimic an open kitchen.

BUT the HDB told my ID that I need to pay S$800 to an engineer to assess if it can be hack, and no 100% guarantee can hack one!!!

Wondering if any of you hack any of the walls in the 4 room flat of Tanglin Halt 89-91, and had to do the same?

Thanks so much in advance

:(