Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

Hi guys!

Just found out on MyHDBPage that I can collect my keys next Monday!! Haven't check my mailbox yet, think the official letter will be in soon.

Can't help out feel the excitement...three and a half years just fly past like that...

Hmmz, told my wifey and she just brought me back down to reality: $$$RENOVATION$$$ :deal:

Better go see my back account a few more times, soon to come back down to double-digit liao... :dunno::(

congratulation to all of you! :yamseng: wow, you waited 3 and a half years huh?! how come hdb take so long to build flats? condo takes about 1 year plus. :D

The fences are removed oredi? :yamseng:

Wow, tot its gonna be ard june to july.... :good:

so fast ah... :sport-smiley-004:

Ya, the reno bills.... :deal:

I hvnt decide on yht ID yet tho :P

ya, some of the fences had already removed. i witnessed the building progress everyday b'cos i stay at holland so i often will drive past commonwealth. but i feel that the interior of the flat should be quite cramped and the exterior painting colors are ugly. dark colors. sometimes, i really can't stand hdb flats anymore. lousy quality and strange structures. :D:P

when we visited centris condo showflat and the agent told us that don't buy condo with multi-storey carparks b'cos no different from hdb multi-storey carparks, might as well stay in a hdb flat. we somehow agree to what the agent said. she said usually condo will have basement carparks instead of multi-storey carparks. :P

Edited by korea

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
congratulation to all of you! :bleah: wow, you waited 3 and a half years huh?! how come hdb take so long to build flats? condo takes about 1 year plus. :P

Yup, very slow lor, maybe because its 40-storeys?

ya, some of the fences had already removed. i witnessed the building progress everyday b'cos i stay at holland so i often will drive past commonwealth. but i feel that the interior of the flat should be quite cramped and the exterior painting colors are ugly. dark colors. sometimes, i really can't stand hdb flats anymore. lousy quality and strange structures. :P:)

when we visited centris condo showflat and the agent told us that don't buy condo with multi-storey carparks b'cos no different from hdb multi-storey carparks, might as well stay in a hdb flat. we somehow agree to what the agent said. she said usually condo will have basement carparks instead of multi-storey carparks. :P

I used to think like you too, wanting to buy a condo because it has nicer colours, better-looking external facade (eg basement carpark, etc), and so on. But later then I realised if such small things are worth the extra money spent? In terms of interior areas, worse - comparing apple to apple, condos are much more smaller.

Given that the prices of condos and HDB flats are drawing nearer, its no longer a "prestige" thing to move into a condo anymore. Its more of catering to your own needs. I have seen poor people who are staying in condos (because cannot buy HDB) and really rich people staying in HDB flats (because everyday also fly, out of 10 days, 8 days are overseas). Some people choose to live in condos because of the facilities; swimming pool for the children, bbq pits for gatherings, etc., while the rest remains in HDB flats because they do not need such facilities (no children, don't like to have guests in their houses, etc) and their money can be better spent on investments or business.

Yup, very slow lor, maybe because its 40-storeys?

I used to think like you too, wanting to buy a condo because it has nicer colours, better-looking external facade (eg basement carpark, etc), and so on. But later then I realised if such small things are worth the extra money spent? In terms of interior areas, worse - comparing apple to apple, condos are much more smaller.

Given that the prices of condos and HDB flats are drawing nearer, its no longer a "prestige" thing to move into a condo anymore. Its more of catering to your own needs. I have seen poor people who are staying in condos (because cannot buy HDB) and really rich people staying in HDB flats (because everyday also fly, out of 10 days, 8 days are overseas). Some people choose to live in condos because of the facilities; swimming pool for the children, bbq pits for gatherings, etc., while the rest remains in HDB flats because they do not need such facilities (no children, don't like to have guests in their houses, etc) and their money can be better spent on investments or business.

ya, i somehow agree with you (in red). but the prices for condo and hdb flats aren't drawing closer leh. condo can be as expensive as millions dollars. :notti: there're bigger floor area condo too. those 4 bedrooms condo and penthouses. :P

i don't get you. poor people stay in condos (b'cos cannot buy hdb)??? :lol:

ya, i somehow agree with you (in red). but the prices for condo and hdb flats aren't drawing closer leh. condo can be as expensive as millions dollars. :notti: there're bigger floor area condo too. those 4 bedrooms condo and penthouses. :lol:

i don't get you. poor people stay in condos (b'cos cannot buy hdb)??? :notti:

I meant comparing apple to apple leh, cannot bring in those hi-end four seasons park condo to compare mah.

In the past, a 3-rm HDB flat in Henderson/bt merah will cost about $20k only, but 3-rm condos in the area are going for like $400k. Now, a 3-rm HDB flat there (new or old) is going for about $200k, but a 3-rm condo (eg domain 21) is going for like $600k. So that's what I meant by the price is drawing closer.

And yes, I have a relative whom I used to admire because I think he quite well-to-do, staying in those private estates near town. Later then I realised he is quite poor and always came to borrow money from my parents - apparently, his HDB flat was confiscated for some reasons and barred from even buying resale. The private apt he is staying is actually very old type of condo (or private apts lah), one of the cheapest, but condition worse than a HDB flat.

That's why today, I do not judge people just based on their residential address, and private estates isn't necessary an upgrade from HDB.

I meant comparing apple to apple leh, cannot bring in those hi-end four seasons park condo to compare mah.

In the past, a 3-rm HDB flat in Henderson/bt merah will cost about $20k only, but 3-rm condos in the area are going for like $400k. Now, a 3-rm HDB flat there (new or old) is going for about $200k, but a 3-rm condo (eg domain 21) is going for like $600k. So that's what I meant by the price is drawing closer.

And yes, I have a relative whom I used to admire because I think he quite well-to-do, staying in those private estates near town. Later then I realised he is quite poor and always came to borrow money from my parents - apparently, his HDB flat was confiscated for some reasons and barred from even buying resale. The private apt he is staying is actually very old type of condo (or private apts lah), one of the cheapest, but condition worse than a HDB flat.

That's why today, I do not judge people just based on their residential address, and private estates isn't necessary an upgrade from HDB.

(in red) the difference between 200k and 600k is a lot leh. a difference of 400k!:notti:! :P erm, so cannot said drawing closer. :sport-smiley-004:

maybe your relative is one of the rare cases. :lol: but hor, i really dislike the qualities (refer to the windows, workmanship, odd shape etc) of a hdb flat. :D haiz...

alright, let back to the topic. off topic liao... :notti:

(in red) the difference between 200k and 600k is a lot leh. a difference of 400k!:lol:! :D erm, so cannot said drawing closer. !!

maybe your relative is one of the rare cases. :P but hor, i really dislike the qualities (refer to the windows, workmanship, odd shape etc) of a hdb flat. :sport-smiley-004: haiz...

alright, let back to the topic. off topic liao... :notti:

Aiyo, why so difficult to explain to you leh - did you realised that in the past it was like HDB $20k to private $400k, then now is like HDB $200k to private $600k?? Do try to compare the ratio, you will get the picture...

Ya you better go back to topic... :notti:

Aiyo, why so difficult to explain to you leh - did you realised that in the past it was like HDB $20k to private $400k, then now is like HDB $200k to private $600k?? Do try to compare the ratio, you will get the picture...

Ya you better go back to topic... :notti:

although drawing closer but still have a big difference of $400k leh. :notti:

ok lah, seriously back to topic... :D

although drawing closer but still have a big difference of $400k leh. :thumbs up:

ok lah, seriously back to topic... :)

I only got to see 2 unit from the corridoor becos the door wasnt lock... :D

Those "old gentleman" contractors downstair will bring you to these units. :)

Went to see the unit twice le. They are still building the cover walk way...

Apparently, ppl from blk 89 got key le and started "offerings".

And I notice there are some pot hole maybe cos of construction.

So pls be careful when you guys move ard. Dun step on them ya :D

===============

Tanglin Halt New Estate

Blk 89

prata

zirhk3355

Blk 90

Blk 91

bellyheng

jule

predaking

vineyard

===============

Neo reporting here...

How come the forum+group+friendster all so quiet? heee sianzz.. really envious when I pass by the place yesterday and saw people already started their reno....

still waiting and waiting...

zirhk, you getting your keys very very soon right?

===============

Tanglin Halt New Estate

Blk 89

prata

zirhk3355

Blk 90

Blk 91

bellyheng

jule

predaking

vineyard

TYM

===============

I am from Block 91, heard from those contractor uncles will be getting keys in May, not sure true or not. Btw, my avatar is the pic of the airwell taken from blk 89 40th storey.

zirhk, you getting your keys very very soon right?

That will be tomorrow. But I can only open the door on 3rd Apr'07!! Arghh...

Hey, I think its time we organise a meetup right... :bow:

As per experience with other forums, meetups always have to start small; eg 2 to 3 guys just sit to drink kopi on a weekly basis. Same day, same time at the same place. No obligations, stay for 10mins or 3 hrs, up to you. Come every week or once a month, also up to you. As it becomes a regular event, every week someone will be there, so new guys will know where to find us and just come and join in.

Neo maybe you can start something like that using the yahoo group - group buys, exchanging of notes/pointers, etc will be more efficient when deal face-to-face.

Edited by zirhk3355

That will be tomorrow. But I can only open the door on 3rd Apr'07!! Arghh...

Hey, I think its time we organise a meetup right... :P

As per experience with other forums, meetups always have to start small; eg 2 to 3 guys just sit to drink kopi on a weekly basis. Same day, same time at the same place. No obligations, stay for 10mins or 3 hrs, up to you. Come every week or once a month, also up to you. As it becomes a regular event, every week someone will be there, so new guys will know where to find us and just come and join in.

Neo maybe you can start something like that using the yahoo group - group buys, exchanging of notes/pointers, etc will be more efficient when deal face-to-face.

Ya I think its a great idea to organise a meetup but I stay in Pasir Ris leh, very far to organise anything in Central until I move in to Commonwealth :yamseng:

Since you will be collecting your keys first, how about we organise a first meetup at your new un-renovated flat, and have BBQ, drinking session etc :rolleyes: in the flat and make the place as messy as possible before reno? Give some "ren qi" to the new place mah.. keke...

Actually i was thinking of doing the same when i collect my keys to my flat, since its the once and only chance to do that in the flat before reno.. BUT was given a stern warning from my wife !!

Ya I think its a great idea to organise a meetup but I stay in Pasir Ris leh, very far to organise anything in Central until I move in to Commonwealth :P

Since you will be collecting your keys first, how about we organise a first meetup at your new un-renovated flat, and have BBQ, drinking session etc :rolleyes: in the flat and make the place as messy as possible before reno? Give some "ren qi" to the new place mah.. keke...

Actually i was thinking of doing the same when i collect my keys to my flat, since its the once and only chance to do that in the flat before reno.. BUT was given a stern warning from my wife !!

Huh, but the place will be totally BARE leh - cement floor, no aircon, no sofa, etc. Then everyone will have to bring their own stuff (including chairs!), somemore with all the construction works going on, how to BBQ?? I think end up nobody will come lah.

I would prefer to entertain all of you when the reno is done... :yamseng:

But anyway, that would probably be once-off or maybe once in awhile; for our usual weekly gathering, I would recommend a nice outdoor seating kopitiam, eg the upcoming eating house at the new MSCP would be ideal. Maybe for now we can gather at the Tanglin Halt market or hawker centre?

Edited by zirhk3355

Huh, but the place will be totally BARE leh - cement floor, no aircon, no sofa, etc. Then everyone will have to bring their own stuff (including chairs!), somemore with all the construction works going on, how to BBQ?? I think end up nobody will come lah.

I would prefer to entertain all of you when the reno is done... :D

But anyway, that would probably be once-off or maybe once in awhile; for our usual weekly gathering, I would recommend a nice outdoor seating kopitiam, eg the upcoming eating house at the new MSCP would be ideal. Maybe for now we can gather at the Tanglin Halt market or hawker centre?

Haha, nice idea

Can check out the food there 1st.

Zirhk: tot u getting key today?

TYM:scary view from the top? I ask my gf to look at it when she visit the blk the 1st time.... kana pinched by her.... :jawdrop:

Haha, nice idea

Can check out the food there 1st.

Zirhk: tot u getting key today?

TYM:scary view from the top? I ask my gf to look at it when she visit the blk the 1st time.... kana pinched by her.... :jawdrop:

Yup, had gotten my keys already, but can only open door on 3rd Apr'07.

However, we tried our luck exploring the place for contractors working on our neighbour units, and managed to find another unit with the same floorplan above us, whose owner was kind enough to let us view the place.

Found that although the living room is quite big, the rooms and kitchen are really small. Too bad I did not have my camera with me and do not have any pics for you guys to see...