Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
beargoh

Light Switches: Where To Buy.

No worries :) I think cos mine is a conceal wiring unit. Thus, no clue what the white box is. Eh...I sis lah. wahahaha

Oh, Paiseh. :unsure:

thanks Jie. :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
for hdb buy what brand ????

depends on yr budget and preferences. there are MK, legrand, clipsal etc in the market. for each brand there are lower and higher range as well. MK higher range seems pretty decent.

I intend to change my house light switch and electrical socket by myself but is it legal to do it on your own or you need a qualified electrian to change them? Can anyone teach me on how to change it? Thanks

Think can DIY. No need electrician. But I hear switches and power points are easier. Heaters are tougher.

Anyway, FYI guys, got these prices for clipsal from Chan Huat last weekend. It's the normal white one without LED:

1 Gang: SGD4.60

2 Gang: SGD8.15

3 Gang: SGD10.50

Heater: SGD15.75

Doorbell: SGD7.80

Phone point: SGD6.95

Single 13A point: SGD5.55

Double 13A point: SGD10.50

Dimmer: SGD16.60

Anyway, my ID offered me MK. I didn't really notice it in Chan Huat because it was more expensive than Clipsal. Think I should take the bait?

hi,

can i check when electrician quote you a price for lighting point and power point, the price will include a default switch and power socket right?

so if you want to buy your own switch and power socket, can ask for cheaper price from the electrician since they can save on providing them?

thanks!

I intend to change my house light switch and electrical socket by myself but is it legal to do it on your own or you need a qualified electrian to change them? Can anyone teach me on how to change it? Thanks

Hi,

You need to have some electrical background. At least know which is Earth, Neutral and Live wires. Also you need to know whether the wiring is in parallel or series.

Current standard is Brown for Live, Blue for Neutral and Green/Yellow for Earth. Take note never to let the bare ends of the Neutral and Live wires touch. Cheers! :)

Edited by Abaragil

Hi,

You need to have some electrical background. At least know which is Earth, Neutral and Live wires. Also you need to know whether the wiring is in parallel or series.

Current standard is Brown for Live, Blue for Neutral and Green/Yellow for Earth. Take note never to let the bare ends of the Neutral and Live wires touch. Cheers! :)

Thanks. Managed to change a single rocker switch but isz hard to change a 4 gang switch?

try choo chiang is cheap. managed to get the following

legrand 1G switch = $1.5

legrand 2G switch = $3

legrand 3G switch = $4.5

legrand water heater switch = $7.5

The above price is for the Model large rocker switches. If want the latest Mallia series, think hv to add another $0.50. Dun see much diff bet the Model & Mallia series except that the Mallia series is only abit more flat that's all

oops forgot, if u know the model u want (can go to Legrand website and download) can call them and place order, they will deliver foc with no min charge

no i think they will need to have at least a $200 then can deliver FOC.

cos i asked.

Hi all,

I recently bought legrand switches from Choo Chiang too, at Toh Guan there. I'd like to thank everyone here. Without info from this forum, I wouldn't know where to get these switches at a cheaper price. Homefix is like so expensive! 2-3 times more.

Hi all,

I recently bought legrand switches from Choo Chiang too, at Toh Guan there. I'd like to thank everyone here. Without info from this forum, I wouldn't know where to get these switches at a cheaper price. Homefix is like so expensive! 2-3 times more.

How's the price like?

How's the price like?

Choo Chiang sells the water heater switch for $8, Homefix would sell for $18.90! Sha ren fang huo!

1 single switch just cost $1.70, and 1 triple switch at $5. 3 pin plug switch at $3. Very reasonable price at Choo chiang.

Hi All. I cant find these "Model" large rocker switches on legrand website.

I am looking for something like the Malia series, long sleek ones in legrand.

Is that the only series in this price range or can anyone else suggest another model to me?

I understand the below post is almost 2 yrs old but these prices seem to be cheaper than Mallia ones.

Thanks

try choo chiang is cheap. managed to get the following

legrand 1G switch = $1.5

legrand 2G switch = $3

legrand 3G switch = $4.5

legrand water heater switch = $7.5

The above price is for the Model large rocker switches. If want the latest Mallia series, think hv to add another $0.50. Dun see much diff bet the Model & Mallia series except that the Mallia series is only abit more flat that's all

oops forgot, if u know the model u want (can go to Legrand website and download) can call them and place order, they will deliver foc with no min charge

Hi there - quick qns, my house currently is MK switches (ie those normal ones) I want to change to Legrand but was told that the size of the switch socket won't fit. Is this true? I thought the size should be universal and fit?

Hi there - quick qns, my house currently is MK switches (ie those normal ones) I want to change to Legrand but was told that the size of the switch socket won't fit. Is this true? I thought the size should be universal and fit?

Do you mean the box thing that protrude out from the wall, and the switch is on it? I think it's universal size. If you wanna change switch, you need to buy the boxes as well and change them. :) Think Choo Chiang sells it like 30 cents.