Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
therat

Any one did any purchase from Royal House (The Rome Gallery)

Any one did any purchase from Royal House (The Rome Gallery) PTE LTD at "MY Home" Fair, Singapore expo during July 2016?

My family member purchased one 2 seater sofa. Now the seller "Mr Quinn" is not contactable. He doesn’t response to call or text.

He went to the office, it closed.

My family member has already made a police report.

Wondering any buyer manage to get their purchase item.

If your purchase item is not due to delivery, suggest you check the status

• Like 3

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, I am a victim of the scam as well. I hope more buyers can come forward and lay their claim. Currently, the police classify my case as breach of agreement and thus refuse to act upon my case. If more people come forward and get this thread going, we can prove that its a scam by the company and thus requires criminal proceedings! I even went to his "office", which is a HDB house and the owner said he had moved away. His disguise name in my case is "Gary". This is also the name submitted to the expo operator. HDB should also start to investigate illegal operations carried out at this unit.

https://www.sgpbusiness.com/company/Royal-House-The-Rome-Gallery-Private-Ltd

Edited by cyberchao

hi. I just realised I am also a victim to the scam . Similarly to cyberchao, our salesperson Gary is uncontactable. I will be reporting to the police later.

Hey man, they are dued to deliver to me tmr, and as im trying to arrange a timing with them, called "Gary Chia" the managing director @ 92235233 and their office number 63393730 but both didnt receive any replies. Whatsapp 92235233 but got last seen. I felt suspicious the moment i paid for it but oh well, believed EXPO vetted the background of their exhibitors, and was praying hard that it wont be true but got bad feeling sigh.

I purchased a $1,688 sofa, paid $688 for deposit.

Edited by johnlws

I am also one of the victims. I am making a police report. The person who is named Gary Chia is uncontactable. It will be good we all can make a claim together. I bought a sofa for $1988 and paid a deposit for $788. I will follow up with the complaint to CASE. 

Edited by tpchai888

Hi guys, I also make a deposit for the sofa with this company at EXPO

I also believe that EXPO will not let such company get in the showroom without checking their background.

Just receive an sms from 92235233 stating that their company facing cash flow issue and declare the company into liquidation.
Not sure is it true or not, but if this is indeed a scam, we must come together to get the claim!

Edited by cp86

I even worse, place deposit $1600 since two month back. Now wanna move house already then come this issue. How u guys deal with it now? Report police and case? Sms me if wanna go together, pls 91115879

Hi. My purchase was on 5/6/16 also at Expo. Buy from salesman Dave. Never met Gary at the show but was referred to talk to him on delivery matter. Supposed to deliver on 5/7/16 but keep on delaying, and then after 10/8/16 non-contactable. This early morning received an sms declaring his company going into liquidation.

Looks like a very Kiang method. The company was registered in Oct 2015 as a PTE LTD company. Get itself registered as SFA member. Arrange for shows in Expo. Collect deposits then within 1 year, filed for bankruptcy. Furniture delivery time lag is already 1 month. Put in lots of excuses and drag for another 1 month, meanwhile, go more shows and get more deposits all the way till August. Not sure collected how much money. During the period, the staff said they already resigned so not their problem. So left this Gary who supposed to be the boss but never met him. Pte Ltd company, now no more money, what can we do? Take civil action? Against the company that told you she has no more money? Go file police report for cheating, the police can tell you insufficient evidence, cannot take action. This time there is no Vietnamese kneeling down begging or something scandalous exposed to the public so they wouldn't investigate. Disappointing. Meanwhile, do we know if those staff that resigned already working under another company getting more sales at new shows.....

I get this pic from his WhatsApp profile picture. Can anyone confirm this guy is Gary?

gary.jpg

Edited by shelizi

We bought our dinning table during a Furniture fair at Singapore Expo on 25th june 2016. Contacted the sale person (gary chia) a few times as there was some amendment to the dinning table. Since 10th aug 2016 till today (21th aug 2016) he didn't reply/answer my call. Tried to called his office but the number is no longer in use. Not sure if the company had closed down or what. We had make a police report on 21st August 2016 and reported to case.

- Sale person/company director: Gary Chia Meng Siang
- Contact Number: 92235233
- Company Name: Royal house (The Rome Gallery)
- Company registration number: 201537510R

Screenshot_20160903-130653.png

Screenshot_20160903-130705.png

Hi all, to update you all. 

I had made a police report about this. It will be good if more report can be make, so they will be able to carry out the investigation. 

Will be checking with CASE and report to them if applicable. 

@dannyseesg

I received this sms from Gary on 2/9 00:05

garysms.jpg

You did not get it because your delivery is not due yet. I think you will get it soon. You said you made your purchase on 9 Aug. The company already has problem delivering since early July.