Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
therat

Any one did any purchase from Royal House (The Rome Gallery)

1 hour ago, tpchai888 said:

I have received the same SMS from this Gary. I guess police and CASE is not going to work. Police advised to submit for small claims tribunal.

The company is going into liquidation. Going after the company is not going to help. So CASE or Small Claim Tribunal is not going to help very much in getting back our money. Unless you want to take up civil case against the directors, be mentally prepared that you are not going to get back any. Only police can serve some justice by going after the perpetrators. I hope more people will file police report especially those who had made purchase very recently. Hopefully it will push the police into investigation. Otherwise, I am not sure how to give them more 'evidence' they need in order for them to start investigation.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

@lim999

I've call my credit card bank as I paid deposit using it. 

Ask for dispute for this transaction. See how bank can help. 

Police can't really get back the money. But if scam, it's better for the police to get him. 

Receive call from police and advise us to take our own action if you wan the money back. Meaning try small claim, bank, etc

They will continue to investigate this case though. 

Edited by cp86

I called up the delivery company to request them to deliver my dining table set this morning. I was told that the furniture company was uncontactable. I called its office 63393730, the line  was no longer in use. 

I made a deposit of $500, making a police report tonight, and may I suggest that we approach the media to create awareness to all Singaporeans, so that more will come forward and let the police classify this as scam, and take action against the culprits. 

An update for you all, I just received a letter from Singapore Police Force state that there is insufficient evidence.  Thus they will not take anymore actions. 

We need more victim to file in the report if not they won't be serious about it. 

And @Grace99, yes, I agree we can use the media to create awareness on this case. 

I am a new victim and was told that we should go to small claims tribunal. Anyone made a report with the commercial investigation bureau or know how? 

Anyone has anything to share on small claim tribunal? What about CASE?

Can anyone confirmed that his sales was with Gary himself, and the picture posted in this forum is the guy himself?

I am not into getting the money back, but hate to see bad people do bad things and can get away with it. 

Can all the latest victims please lodge your case to the police? You can do it online. Especially those who has paid their money in August. The company clearly already cannot deliver at that period. If my case is still bordering on commercial liability, yours were quite clear that the company has knowingly entered into contracts with you without the intention to fulfill them. So, they have lied to cheat you to handover your money. The Police wouldn't want to investigate due to lack of evidence. I really not sure how they can get evidence without investigation. 

Lesson learnt here and please let all your friends and family know, never buy anything that you cannot take away from non-big name companies in expo shows. Especially if the companies were registered fairly recently and has no GST registered status. These episodes have shown that we are all too naive and trusting to hangover good money for a piece of promise. What's worst? Bad people can actually do this stunts and not get investigated. We think online transactions are dangerous because we have little recourse on the sellers. Think again.  

This really sucks... 

I bought my sofa in June. The sales guy, Alvin who acted on the transaction has resigned. Now he is advising to make a police report.... 

If the police is not doing anything, what is the best plan of action now??

Hi everyone,

Its been some time since I was on this. I have tried almost all solutions: Police, Legal Aid, Visited his "office". I kinda ignore CASE and Small Claims as they lack the capacity to bring him to justice. The only reason why we are unable to get credible help is because there is a loophole in our consumer policy. I have raised the case to my MP and the Ministry of Trade and Industry actually do get back to me. However, I am only one voice, I urge all of you to file your complaints/feedbacks as well. The only thing it will cost you is your time. You can forward this post to everyone. Everyone of us is a consumer and who knows when the next time is you (again). I'm sad to say that this nightmare will come back to hunt us again if we collectively don't take proactive actions.

Edited by cyberchao