Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yker

Cement/concrete flooring for HDB?

Hello,

I plan to change the current flooring in a resale HDB 3A to cement/concrete flooring. Anyone there with experience to share: types, cost, contractors, etc.?

Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

If you can get a good contractor, there are a couple of way to make the cement floor looks better than just plain grave. Option 1 is to get some small pebbles or rocks, depending on what you prefer, either black, white or different colors and spread them on the concrete. Then get your contractor to polish the floor and you will get an effect similar to marble/granite. Option 2 is to get a coating like bronze, on top of the cement. The contractor can also polish them to a "shining" effect. 

On 07/09/2016 at 11:35 AM, kangeroo168 said:

Normally cement flooring will have hairline cracks. This is due to vement drying thus those cracks will form.

Yes these are quite common actually

On 9/5/2016 at 9:11 PM, yker said:

Hello,

I plan to change the current flooring in a resale HDB 3A to cement/concrete flooring. Anyone there with experience to share: types, cost, contractors, etc.?

Thanks!

i'm also currently doing concrete screed flooring. at the moment, it looks like just one colour grey only, which is not what i wanted (or what my ID showed me).

now she's asking if i want a matte or gloss finish, but she's pushing glossy. reasons include "the flooring contractor doesn't recommend matte", "they don't use the matte finish anymore", "it is less protection", "will have obvious joint lines", "after a while will have white patches". i've seen matte or low gloss finishes online and in magazines and would very much prefer not having a high gloss finish.

has anyone else done a matte finish before? did you notice any joint lines or white patches? are they obvious/ugly? are there any other pros/cons that i may not have considered? i've been googling for information but there doesn't seem to be a lot of information about these problems. please help!

On 9/5/2016 at 9:11 PM, yker said:

Hello,

Thanks!

You can find all these information from the professionals.

Edited by jacob90