Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Sendo999

Rat, Tiger & Goat's Farmhouse

4 hours ago, slashmylove said:

Yah lor my ID also said.. "top-down" works.. your tiles look so nice! How much is your flooring (inclusive of screed, workmanship, skirting etc) as per your quotation?

My ID quoted me at around $9k for living room and bedrooms. Looking forward to your renovation more pics of your reno. :rolleyes:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
22 hours ago, Sendo999 said:

My ID quoted me at around $9k for living room and bedrooms. Looking forward to your renovation more pics of your reno. :rolleyes:

Mine also around 9k... but only living room use tiles.. bedrooms use vinyl... feels expensive.. lol

Ceiling is done after 2 days. Picture is a bit dark due to night shot without light. 

DSC_0148.JPG

Living room area L-box up, wiring also done. 

DSC_0149.JPG

L-box at dining area with a hole for the aircon. 

DSC_0151.JPGDSC_0155.JPGDSC_0153.JPGDSC_0152.JPG

Electrical work also done. 

Renovation is still in the infant stage. Seems like a long way to go. :o

Edited by Sendo999

Tiling works. IMG-20160915-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20160915-WA0004.jpgIMG-20160913-WA0000.jpgIMG-20160915-WA0002.jpg

Shower kerb at MBR toilet and kitchen cabinet base are also completed. IMG-20160915-WA0003.jpgIMG-20160913-WA0001.jpg

Seems like everything is going smoothly. Hope it stay smooth for the rest of the reno journey. 

ID is chasing for the aircon piping installation and I have not even bought the aircon. :jawdrop: Things are moving abit too fast for me. 

So fast hand fast leg, compare 3 prices and decided with Gain City. 

Initial decision is to go with Mitsubishi Electric Starmex system 4 with 38k compressor. But was told by the Gain City sales that Mitsubishi's 38k compressor will be abit noisy. He recommended Toshiba instead as it is made in Japan and the compressor is quieter compared to Mitsubishi. 

After reading some reviews on Toshiba aircon, the Sheep took the risk and ordered Toshiba aircon with thicker insulation. Also took up the extended warranty. 

Due to earliest slot being 1 week later, so reno works got to pause for awhile as the ID needs the piping to be up before continuing. 

Still wondering if Mitsubishi 38k compressor is really noisy. Anyone can share if it is so? 

22 hours ago, Sendo999 said:

Tiling works. IMG-20160915-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20160915-WA0004.jpgIMG-20160913-WA0000.jpgIMG-20160915-WA0002.jpg

Shower kerb at MBR toilet and kitchen cabinet base are also completed. IMG-20160915-WA0003.jpgIMG-20160913-WA0001.jpg

Seems like everything is going smoothly. Hope it stay smooth for the rest of the reno journey. 

ID is chasing for the aircon piping installation and I have not even bought the aircon. :jawdrop: Things are moving abit too fast for me. 

So fast hand fast leg, compare 3 prices and decided with Gain City. 

Initial decision is to go with Mitsubishi Electric Starmex system 4 with 38k compressor. But was told by the Gain City sales that Mitsubishi's 38k compressor will be abit noisy. He recommended Toshiba instead as it is made in Japan and the compressor is quieter compared to Mitsubishi. 

After reading some reviews on Toshiba aircon, the Sheep took the risk and ordered Toshiba aircon with thicker insulation. Also took up the extended warranty. 

Due to earliest slot being 1 week later, so reno works got to pause for awhile as the ID needs the piping to be up before continuing. 

Still wondering if Mitsubishi 38k compressor is really noisy. Anyone can share if it is so? 

I got the Starmex 38k compressor installed about 5 months and can assure you it is not noisy. Most probably Gain City is getting a bigger cut from promoting Toshiba.

13 hours ago, nav14 said:

I got the Starmex 38k compressor installed about 5 months and can assure you it is not noisy. Most probably Gain City is getting a bigger cut from promoting Toshiba.

Thanks Nav. Great to hear that even though I bought Toshiba instead. At least others who read this page will know that if the sales person tell them the same thing. 

We can't find the lights that we want for the dining area so our next option is the great Taobao. :lol:

We are also looking for the lighting for all our bedrooms. 

Found something that we wanted from Taobao. There is really nothing that can't be found in Taobao.

Spend more than 1k for Taobao items.

Here are some of the items

Hanging Lights.jpg

Hanging light for my dining area

Ceiling Lights.jpg

Ceiling lights for all 3 bedrooms

Dining Table & Chairs.jpg

Dining table & Chairs

Coffee Table.jpg

Coffee table

Stools.jpg

Stools

Other items include toilet accessories, water containers, painting.

Let me know if u need the link. Please note that the items are not tried out yet. Will post a review once I have tried on the products. 

Edited by Sendo999

Hi, nice selection of tiles, esp the brown timber look alike for the rooms...

Also, possible to pass us the contacts for no 4 & 5 pls? 

tyvm and wishing you a smooth reno...

20 hours ago, underscore said:

Hi, nice selection of tiles, esp the brown timber look alike for the rooms...

Also, possible to pass us the contacts for no 4 & 5 pls? 

tyvm and wishing you a smooth reno...

Hi Underscore,

Thanks for viewing.

Have PMed u. :rolleyes:

Buying electrical appliances burns a big hole in my small pocket. :dunno:

Initially wanted to get a Samsung TV due to having people telling me that Samsung has a better TV colour. But after seeing the TV side by side, we feel that the colour of Sony TV is more natural. 

Also, wondering whether to get a 49" or a 55". Watching both size at a distance of 3m. Indeed a 55" TV is the way to go. Model - KD55X8500D-1

Sony KD55X8500D-1.jpg

Our conditions of the fridge are that it must be big enough but also not French doors fridge. So we choose something that we feel is great for us. Model - LG GRM762HSHM

LG GRM762HSHM.jpg

For washing machine, the Rat insist on having a washing cum drying machine. Model - LG F1409DPRW. 

LG F1409DPRW.jpg

Edited by Sendo999

As the ID is chasing for a lot of things, so we decided that its time we should go shopping for all the kitchen and toilet stuff... 

We went to GR Link. The popular place with a friendly owner. Gave us suggestions on different taps, sinks, rain shower, basin, etc. As we wanna compare prices before we make any impulse purchases.

So we went next door, Poh Seng Enterprise. Every place that can be used for displaying is used up. But the person who served us seems very busy with others so most of the time, we are left alone to see the quality on our own. 

Adamas is a short distance away. But no feel with the shop. 

Hoe Kee is a nice place to look at the stuff that u wan. It can give u a gauge of what u really needs. 

Hua Chong recommended by my ID. The ladies working there are friendly and not pushy. The items are neatly displayed. 

In the end we bought hob and hood from Hoe Kee as they provide the best rate for Fujioh FG 3773 and SLM 900.Fujioh hob.pngFujioh hood slm900.jpg

Kitchen sink, kitchen tap, MBR toilet basin n tap, common toilet basin n tap was bought at GR Link. 

At Hua Chong, we bought mirror cabinet and rain shower. 

Did not take any pic of all the items. Will post the pic after my ID has installed them. 

Please note that Hua Chong does charge GST. Whatever they quote u is not inclusive of GST. 

How much was the damage for the tv, fridge & washer dryer?

I got the same hob & hood! Indeed Hoe Kee has the best price among the shops I asked for this. Was impressed by the uncle doing the demo for the hood, the suction was pretty good haha!

3 hours ago, slashmylove said:

How much was the damage for the tv, fridge & washer dryer?

I got the same hob & hood! Indeed Hoe Kee has the best price among the shops I asked for this. Was impressed by the uncle doing the demo for the hood, the suction was pretty good haha!

The damage was close to 5k for the 3 items. TV 2.2k, fridge 1.4k, washer n dryer 1.4k. Pocket really big hole. Hahaha. 

I didn't ask for demo for the hood. Just go with the design n the price. :D 

Thanks for assuring that the suction is great. :sport-smiley-004:

Was reading your blog too. Think u should get ur contractor or ID to install your downlight properly, it should not have a lobang. 

Edited by Sendo999