Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edw

Water Heater for Sink Mixer and Shower

Hello everyone,

I would like to install instant heater (Ariston SMC33) in my master bedroom toilet, which will be used for showering as well as through the vanity sink mixer tap.

Anyone has any idea if this model could work for such purpose? my contractor have advised that i need to get some certain type of instant heater to be able to use for both sink mixer and shower mixer.

Is this normal?

Thanks! 

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 2:21 PM, edw said:

Hello everyone,

I would like to install instant heater (Ariston SMC33) in my master bedroom toilet, which will be used for showering as well as through the vanity sink mixer tap.

Anyone has any idea if this model could work for such purpose? my contractor have advised that i need to get some certain type of instant heater to be able to use for both sink mixer and shower mixer.

Is this normal?

Thanks! 

I suspect the one you are looking at is a normal instant heater, which means it will only feed hot water directly to the showerhead (not even the mixer). You might not be able to push the hot water to both the showerhead and your tap.

Think there are certain types of instant heaters that can direct to multiple points, I only know Bennington does it. On their website they say some of their heaters are "multipoint", maybe that's the difference. http://www.bennington.com.sg/index_files/Page1219.htm

You better check properly because I bought 707 instant heaters and argued with the plumber for a long time before being told that the instant heater itself cannot take the pressure that connecting it directly to water pipes will require, that's why it needs to feed directly into the showerhead instead of back into the water mixer.