Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On ‎03‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:17 PM, Carmella said:

One problem, we have not even gone looking for our lights and the electrician is asking us to go buy it soon as he needs to install it. If any of you are willing to recommend where to buy our LED lights it would help us a lot :)

Seems like your place is coming together well!

What kind of LED lights are you looking for?

I just bought my lights but those are really simple panel lights and downlights only. Plain and cheap - just the way I like it hahaha! If you are keen on those, then PM me for the shop details ok?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I am getting my ceiling lights from Lightings.com.sg. Simple Philips round lights for living room, bedrooms and kitchen. Not sure if you are looking at simple designs.

1 hour ago, slashmylove said:

Seems like your place is coming together well!

What kind of LED lights are you looking for?

I just bought my lights but those are really simple panel lights and downlights only. Plain and cheap - just the way I like it hahaha! If you are keen on those, then PM me for the shop details ok?

Hi Slashmylove, what kind of downlight you bought? Is it suitable for bathroom? I only need to buy one as the bathroom is the only one with an existing false ceiling.

1 hour ago, Labuns said:

Hi Slashmylove, what kind of downlight you bought? Is it suitable for bathroom? I only need to buy one as the bathroom is the only one with an existing false ceiling.

I bought the really basic one leh I'm not sure whether it's suitable for bathroom cos I'm using it for living/dining area. Maybe you wanna check with your ID/contractor is there any specific types that u can get?

4 hours ago, Carmella said:

That sofa is really pretty! Nice choice! :good: We have to change the doors as it is too difficult to lock it :( Very hard to close it shut and stuff. Especially the gate. HATE IT. The gate slammed shut on my hand once and there was a red clot for days. We did consider Nippon but found Dulux to be more of our tastes. 

Yes! They weren't even wearing gloves! I'll take a look at both their sites but so far mydigitallock gates are looking more towards our tastes. If I were to want a gate from them, do I ask them to install or do I ask my contractor to get it for us? 

i would ask MDL to install because if anything wrong can go back to them

5 hours ago, Carmella said:

That sofa is really pretty! Nice choice! :good: We have to change the doors as it is too difficult to lock it :( Very hard to close it shut and stuff. Especially the gate. HATE IT. The gate slammed shut on my hand once and there was a red clot for days. We did consider Nippon but found Dulux to be more of our tastes. 

Yes! They weren't even wearing gloves! I'll take a look at both their sites but so far mydigitallock gates are looking more towards our tastes. If I were to want a gate from them, do I ask them to install or do I ask my contractor to get it for us? 

Thanks! I love my sofa too. Bought two other cushions in cream and beige online to match. 

Hope to see more pictures posted by you as mine will be slow (contractor away for two weeks holiday in Oct). All the best to your reno :)

Gumbokins's link made me tempted to get a new gate too :D

Exciting and stressful day! Living room is currently being tiled and a lot of screeding work that the tilers had to do because our ground was totally off level! We had to cross widely on tiles to avoid stepping on the freshly installed living room tiles. I nearly slipped because our tiles was so slippery! It's so glossy :wub: I LOVE IT. 

Living Room Tiles

fbvnvd.jpg

Today was the designing of our kitchen cabinets. We forgot to buy a built in oven and have to hurry and get one tomorrow. Was advised to get a hood too for when we cook. Being exhausted from renovation, we just agreed and will be getting one tomorrow along with the built in oven. One error though on the sketch, the length for the fridge area is not 1950 but 1800. Thinking of getting either a Turbo or Fujioh hood. But not very sure with the built in oven. Tomorrow is another shopping day :~ So tiring! Have to get built in oven, cooking hood, microwave, and lights.

Electrical guy (J) gave me a evil glance when I told him there was changes to his electrical work again. It's like the 4th to 5th time changing. Feel kinda guilty but what to do :( I'm fickle and can't foresee the future. Oven, microwave, hood and hob will all have outside switches to control them as we do not want to see their wiring etc.

Dilemma: Should I do the same kitchen cabinet doors on the concrete sink supporter? Or go with aluminium doors?

Kitchen cabinets sketch

wwn1o0.jpg

Hopefully tomorrow when I drop by to drop some things off, I will remember to take new pictures of the kitchen and toilet as the sink supporter is done! And the toilet has transformed and become cramped :rolleyes:

Edited by Carmella

14 minutes ago, Carmella said:

Exciting and stressful day! Living room is currently being tiled and a lot of screeding work that the tilers had to do because our ground was totally off level! We had to cross widely on tiles to avoid stepping on the freshly installed living room tiles. I nearly slipped because our tiles was so slippery! It's so glossy :wub: I LOVE IT. 

Living Room Tiles

fbvnvd.jpg

Today was the designing of our kitchen cabinets. We forgot to buy a built in oven and have to hurry and get one tomorrow. Was advised to get a hood too for when we cook. Being exhausted from renovation, we just agreed and will be getting one tomorrow along with the built in oven. One error though on the sketch, the length for the fridge area is not 1950 but 1800. Thinking of getting either a Turbo or Fujioh hood. But not very sure with the built in oven. Tomorrow is another shopping day :~ So tiring! Have to get built in oven, cooking hood, microwave, and lights.

Electrical guy (J) gave me a evil glance when I told him there was changes to his electrical work again. It's like the 4th to 5th time changing. Feel kinda guilty but what to do :( I'm fickle and can't foresee the future. Oven, microwave, hood and hob will all have outside switches to control them as we do not want to see their wiring etc.

Dilemma: Should I do the same kitchen cabinet doors on the concrete sink supporter? Or go with aluminium doors?

Kitchen cabinets sketch

wwn1o0.jpg

Nice living room tiles :) so glossy. I am retaining my living room homogenous tiles. Might engage someone to just polish. Got a quote of 650. Not sure if it is ex.

Hmm..my preference is for all the cabinet doors to be the same. Looks nicer in my opinion.

Where is your sink located at? I have not plan my kitchen carpentry. Only bought a Blanco Pleon and tap as well as a gas hob. Dunno if a hood is really useful. 

6 minutes ago, Labuns said:

Nice living room tiles :) so glossy. I am retaining my living room homogenous tiles. Might engage someone to just polish. Got a quote of 650. Not sure if it is ex.

Hmm..my preference is for all the cabinet doors to be the same. Looks nicer in my opinion.

Where is your sink located at? I have not plan my kitchen carpentry. Only bought a Blanco Pleon and tap as well as a gas hob. Dunno if a hood is really useful. 

Yes we do not know if a hood is useful too :( The only difference I have noticed when cooking at a friend's place with a hood was it was not hot at all in the kitchen. We will just get one and if it does not work, we won't use it. If it does, great! Wow, that will save you a lot of money actually just from polishing. Hacking everything blew our budget off the roof. 

My sink is located next to the cabinet on the extreme left. Its at the far end of the kitchen. We were thinking of the timber cabinet doors but we're scared that it gets bloated over the years from water splashing :(

2mdfjp0.jpg

Edited by Carmella

22 minutes ago, Carmella said:

same doors is nicer if ur sink is same side as all ur cabinets. what kind of solid top would you have?

4 minutes ago, Labuns said:

Hood is useful if you are a heavy cook. I remember when my mum fry her chili and spices, so overpowering the smell. but think you need to calculate though if the hood is suitable for the space. and in HDB, the hood just extract the air to push it towards ur kitchen ceiling.

18 minutes ago, gumbokins said:

same doors is nicer if ur sink is same side as all ur cabinets. what kind of solid top would you have?

Hood is useful if you are a heavy cook. I remember when my mum fry her chili and spices, so overpowering the smell. but think you need to calculate though if the hood is suitable for the space. and in HDB, the hood just extract the air to push it towards ur kitchen ceiling.

We are getting Caesarstone Quartz in Oyster! 

Oh yes, I recall not being able to smell anything even though I was frying bacon. I was actually quite sad that I couldn't smell my bacon :lol: We are thinking of getting the Fujioh hood that everyone seems to be raving about. 

Today we went to Goh Ah Bee to purchase our built in oven and cooking hood. I did a research on renotalk for ~1h before deciding on the items. I think that Bosch is a good brand and since my hob is Bosch, why not a Bosch oven too? But the hood is of course, Fujioh. It is so highly raved here in renotalk and everywhere! It was actually quite cheap at GAB as I remember Hoe Kee selling the oven for slightly more when I was there buying my kitchen sink.

Bosch HBN331E1K

e0i0k.jpg

Fujioh SLM 900

n2zuw3.jpg

After GAB, we UBER-ed down to Geylang Road and looked for lights. We were considering Balestier but I heard everything there is priced up. I was tempted to just buy everything online on Taobao but we are already rushing to meet our deadline of 16 October so no chance :( Definitely after moving in, I will be ordering some Taobao lights. Bought a pendant light and simple plain lights along Geylang Road. We wanted to check the lighting shop recommended by slashmylove but we didn't have time as we had something on at 4pm. We basically had 3 hours to decide on lights and everything. :~:~ Such a stressful moment! 

If you have time, definitely don't do what we did because we ended up spending 1k+++ on lights. Oh the heartbreak. My pocket still burning even after 3 hours leaving the shops. I never knew lights could be this expensive in Singapore! I thought 1 simple light at max $80 but APPARENTLY NOT?! Sorry, I abit suaku.

Bought my bedroom lights from lightings.com.sg (a physical store which made me confused). Bedroom 1 and Bedroom 2 will be equipped with the Dalen LED Ceiling DL-S28T. Was impressed by it as it was the only remote controlled ceiling light that we came across. Here is what the Dalen LED lights are able to do:

95vo0l.jpg

Only downside is it is expensive :( The shop didn't want to give any additional discount as the light was already 10% off. Bedroom 3 will be having a Phillips light. Apparently, if it blows, we have to replace the entire light so I'm praying that this light will not blow that fast. One thing I've note is that the sales person always pushes the "LED does not blow that easily, so you don't have to worry". Erm.. YES I DO. LED does not blow easily, yes. But over the years? It will definitely blow and we will have to replace it. No light can last forever so I don't know what they are trying to sell.

Bedroom 1 and 2 Lights

vsp0rr.jpg

Bedroom 3 Lights

r7m7td.jpg

We continued walking the Geylang stretch and entered a shop called Premier Lighting Centre. Got a small pendant light for our dining area, 2 black framed square lights for our toilet and 2 rectangular white framed light for the kitchen. We didn't take a picture of any of the lights bought. When it is installed, i'll take a picture! We came across 2 beautiful light fixture in here for our bedroom. However, we didn't get it as it appeared that it would only look good in warm light. We can't get a bedroom light that is only warm as we like a well lit room to do reading etc in.

While walking at Geylang, we remembered to buy a open close valve for the toilet bidet. It looks so :wub:

Open close valve

346984l.jpg mmvee1.jpg

Our living room tiles has completed except the entrance as we had tell them our kerb height. 95% of the living room tiles are being covered with the cardboard but at the corners, some were exposed. We went with white grout with out living room tiles as the tiler said something about colored grout becoming off color over the years? :( Hope it looks ok.. What do you guys think, personally, when I saw it in real life, I couldn't really give any opinion. It was just oh ok. No reaction. 

Living room tiles

9gc3md.jpg

Our bathroom is 80% Completed as it still lacks a door, a mirror cabinet that we have to bring down to Heritage to exchange as we got a size too big and a towel bar. I still can't believe we were stupid enough to forget the size limitation in our bathroom. Now we have to personally carry it down and back to exchange. I'm most excited about bathing here after moving in! Hopefully water pressure is ok with the rain shower.

Bathroom

51wnk6.jpg

Bedroom 3 has aircon trunking that was supposed to be on the skirting. However, after laying bedroom 3 tiles along with checking skirting, found out the trunking is slightly too high up! So now bedroom 3 will have a higher skirting compared to the other rooms. Not by a lot but still.. my OCD in me knows of the height difference. But what to do :( Too late for us. 

Bedroom 3 tiles progress

m8n1ci.jpg

My kitchen cabinet laminates are OOS. I'm so sad about it :( Have to go down tomorrow to select another laminate.. Hopefully am able to find something that matches it. Or maybe i'll just use the same laminate I used for my wardrobe. Also, tomorrow have to remember to pass them the toilet paper holder that I bought from Amazon for them to install along with the valve. Starting to feel so rushed in this renovation.

Edited by Carmella

Wow you really chop chop with your shopping.  That remote controlled light sure looks impressive. I like your bathroom :) where did you get that open close valve? 

Edited by Labuns

7 minutes ago, Labuns said:

Wow you really chop chop with your shopping.  That remote controlled light sure looks impressive. I like your bathroom :) where did you get that open close valve? 

Yes haha, have to be quick :( No time already, just get the well known items for built in can already. Confirm won't go wrong. I got it from Ezze Galleria.