Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Thanks! Hope to see your photo of the toilet light soon :D  was bent on your bedroom 3 lights for all bedrooms and kitchen when I visited Lightings.com.sg.  Now I am attracted to your Dalen lights ;) 

We need to purchase the ceiling lights in two weeks.

Edited by Labuns

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

Think you can order dalen like from tb like below. My friend bought from tb....not the same below shop....a lot cheaper than local

我在淘宝全球发现了DALEN达伦 智能led圆形吸顶灯客厅卧室儿童房现代调色调光星空灯,一起来看!http://detail.m.tmall.com/item.htm?id=44037309171&toSite=main

14 minutes ago, Labuns said:

Thanks! Hope to see your photo of the toilet light soon :D  was bent on your bedroom 3 lights for all bedrooms and kitchen when I visited Lightings.com.sg.  Now I am attracted to your Dalen lights ;) 

We need to purchase the ceiling lights in two weeks.

Hi! Yes, Dalen lights are plain yet something different! Can't wait to try them! 

On Thursday, October 06, 2016 at 9:37 PM, Carmella said:

Hi! Yes, Dalen lights are plain yet something different! Can't wait to try them! 

Hihi

I just went through my electrical layout with my electrician. Showed him the Philips normal light picture. He said this type not very bright :( coz of the cover.

Showed him your Dalen light picture. He said 'yeah yeah this type very bright'. He just installed for someone. Told me to get this for living and bedrooms. Carmella, can pm me how much is the Dalen light? Dun think I can do taobao. Not enough time to wait.

Edited by Labuns

52 minutes ago, Labuns said:

Hihi

I just went through my electrical layout with my electrician. Showed him the Philips normal light picture. He said this type not very bright :( coz of the cover.

Showed him your Dalen light picture. He said 'yeah yeah this type very bright'. He just installed for someone. Told me to get this for living and bedrooms. Carmella, can pm me how much is the Dalen light? Dun think I can do taobao. Not enough time to wait.

PM sent! :) 

This one week before my renovation ends has been crazy. Didn't even have time to update due to how tired I was. 

Sadly, the valve that I have bought is wasted as my contractor bought an exact same looking one as mine :~ Now we have a spare I guess.. 
Kind of regret buying a ceiling fan as now it is super low on our heads.. Kind of a safety issue if someone tall walks under it. Will see how it goes and decide from there for the ceiling fan. 
I have decided to do all the same doors for the kitchen cabinets. My kitchen laminate that I wanted went out of stock :~ and now I have to settle for my second choice. Hopefully it matches.. so nervous.

Everyone who sees my cornice went "Why are you still using cornice?" :curse: BECAUSE I LIKE IT. Even my electrician said cornice was out and people now either do a l box/false ceiling to cover the electrical casings or they just leave it exposed. But I really like my cornice :( I think it makes look more... put together for my home. Also, they have been saying that it looks as though they are colour blind because all they see is grey and white. 

Tested all my lights while I was there and love it so much! So glad we went for warm cove lights and cool downlights. Didn't get to test dalen lights with the remote as I think they kept the remote in the box and I was too lazy to search for it. But I turned it on and they look so pretty and simple :wub: Can't wait to move in! Just 8 more days till we're moving in. 

Our air con is going to be installed tomorrow~ Final touch ups of electrical work is also on Monday. Defects will be pointed out after all parties have completed their work. Will be holding out on paying until defects are done fixing. :rolleyes: What is a "no no must confirm plus chop change" defect and what is a "can close one eye" defect?

Living Room

29c5spc.jpg

sbkbns.jpg

Shoe Cabinet

2ag2a85.jpg

There won't be any lights for the shoe cabinet as we found it pointless for us. Can't wait to put a bowl there for keys and never ever have to search for my keys again.

The shoe cabinet design was stolen from a Pinterest picture I saw and dimensions were done by my A. Only downside of the design is the wasted area that could have been used to store my shoes. Time to stop buying shoes :help: I have a Nike shoe obsession and will basically wear them out in 6 months or less. But I will keep the worn out ones cause it's so precious to me :(

Bedrooms

14do8yo.jpg

dm7fwz.jpg

2hs2r2g.jpg

Wardrobe

2j11iiw.jpg

s411xx.jpg

wstgki.jpg

Can I just say, I am in love with my wardrobe? When I saw it, I literally had to hold my breath in for a few seconds. The laminate was perfect. 

Plenty of space for my clothes, yay!

Cornice above the wardrobe has not yet been installed.

Kitchen

2jed43o.jpg

I'm heading down again tomorrow and if the shoe cabinet/kitchen cabinets are completed, will definitely be updating! Just praying that my kitchen cabinet laminate is ok.

Edited by Carmella

So glad you are back!  My kitchen, toilet and bathroom taking almost 10 working days to finish tiling, waterproofing and building cement bases and sink support haha.  Your reno really fast!

Dun have much advice for you at this moment. But do check they sealed up the window frame gaps with silicon properly.  Mine in the bathroom was not sealed fully and there was a wet area on my bathroom wall before tiling because of the heavy rain. Lucky the tilers informed me.  Will let you know when more work is done :)

I do find our ceilings too low for fans. That's why I opt out and installed aircons in living room and all bedrooms. Anyway, it is usually quite windy with some windows open.

Hope to see photos of your lights turned on soon.

I like the inner laminate color of your wardrobe. What colour is that?

3 hours ago, Labuns said:

So glad you are back!  My kitchen, toilet and bathroom taking almost 10 working days to finish tiling, waterproofing and building cement bases and sink support haha.  Your reno really fast!

Dun have much advice for you at this moment. But do check they sealed up the window frame gaps with silicon properly.  Mine in the bathroom was not sealed fully and there was a wet area on my bathroom wall before tiling because of the heavy rain. Lucky the tilers informed me.  Will let you know when more work is done :)

I do find our ceilings too low for fans. That's why I opt out and installed aircons in living room and all bedrooms. Anyway, it is usually quite windy with some windows open.

Hope to see photos of your lights turned on soon.

I like the inner laminate color of your wardrobe. What colour is that?

Yes! Glad to be back as well. I don't think my windows has any problem but have to wait for heavy rain in TPY before I can tell. 

My ceiling fan is okay for a person to stand under but they can't raise their hands if not they can touch it. My aircon was installed today. Tested it and omg my bedroom was cold in minutes. Didn't even feel like going back. 

I'm not sure what colour it is. I remember A showing me this small flip template. Then I just picked a semi dark colour. 

Only managed to capture the lights during the day, wanted to drop by night time but was too tired. Had to make 2 trips down to Heritage to exchange our mirror cabinet and towel handle bar. 

Kitchen wiring has not been connected I think as the power points in the kitchen are not done.

My dalen lights came with 2 controllers (1 for each room) but I can't seem to find it anywhere :( Hopefully the workers did not throw it away but kept it instead. Have to ask my electrician what happened to it and if it was thrown away they should get us a replacement. 

Living Room

2yzlkjt.jpg

1znoeic.jpg

Bedrooms

27zj9te.jpg

2cxt56h.jpg

20axy6g.jpg

Moving date has been changed to 19 October but kitchen counter tops can only be installed on Friday as it takes 5 working days to cut the Caesarstone. So exciting! 

After I move in, I will definitely take pictures of the lights during night.

Edited by Carmella

I hope your electrician workers are not so dumb dumb to throw them :)

Very nice cove lights, I bet it will look even nicer in the evenings. Too bad we dun like false ceilings.

Can't wait to start my carpentry discussion in two weeks time.  Only have this pic to share. My washer base done yesterday.

Will you be doing any door for your kitchen entrance?

20161016_103123-1.jpg

1 hour ago, Labuns said:

I hope your electrician workers are not so dumb dumb to throw them :)

Very nice cove lights, I bet it will look even nicer in the evenings. Too bad we dun like false ceilings.

Can't wait to start my carpentry discussion in two weeks time.  Only have this pic to share. My washer base done yesterday.

Will you be doing any door for your kitchen entrance?

20161016_103123-1.jpg

I hope so too! Couldn't find them in the boxes or anything but I very clearly remembered seeing it in the box when I checked the lights.

Very nice flooring tile! I like it a lot. Yes we have a silver framed clear glass door for the kitchen, will take a picture of the door when I go over soon.

On 10/16/2016 at 6:09 PM, kingandbin said:

Things are starting to shape up! Can't wait to see how your place looks with all the furniture in :)

Haha! Long way more to furniture, after we have moved in comfortably and packed our stuff, then we'll go look for the right size furniture. In no rush cause we hardly watch TV and eat at the dining table so all those are just for show items :lol:

15 hours ago, slashmylove said:

Wow it's only 2 days to 19 Oct! Have you done packing? So excited for you, everything is coming together really nicely~~

Approximately only 70% done. If we can't pack finish before moving date, we'll just bring the leftovers ourselves. Packing is so tiring. Even more than the renovation process.